Blocking Testosterone, Dht And Using Minoxidil. Why The Hell Am I Still Balding?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys. Its been about 21 months using finasteride ( with a 2 month break about a 15 months in ) About 9 months using oral minoxidil and 3 months using Cyproterone Acetate. The whole time I've lost hair faster, with the exception of 3 months of regrowth on minoxidil before it suddenly stopped working for no good reason and I lost even more hair as a result. Being on Cypro hasn't made a damn difference! Thankfully it hasn't sped up my hair loss further like finasteride did. I've not had any blood tests to check my hormone levels but I'm confident my testosterone and DHT is low as I no longer get morning wood, sex drive is pretty much non existent, some mild gyno, sebum has drastically been reduced and its impossible to maintain an errection without constant stimulation. I was also on estrogen for a little over 3 months ( 1mg topical and 1mg oral ) but I dropped it as I wasn't maintaining even with all my treatments and was growing boobs pretty fast. Gyno in my left nipple has gone but I still have some in my right. Does anyone know what could possibly be the cause of my hair loss if its not androgens? 3 weeks ago I became almost Vegan ( I still eat eggs and have recently cut out dairy) so my diet is a lot better now. Its pretty much the only thing I can think of that could be causing my lack of results. I imagine most people would get some modest regrowth on this regimen so why the hell hasn't it at least slowed down my balding? I'm at a point where I have to use concealer every day so people don't notice my balding.. It sucks. Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated!

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hi guys. Its been about 21 months using finasteride ( with a 2 month break about a 15 months in ) About 9 months using oral minoxidil and 3 months using Cyproterone Acetate. The whole time I've lost hair faster, with the exception of 3 months of regrowth on minoxidil before it suddenly stopped working for no good reason and I lost even more hair as a result. Being on Cypro hasn't made a damn difference! Thankfully it hasn't sped up my hair loss further like finasteride did. I've not had any blood tests to check my hormone levels but I'm confident my testosterone and DHT is low as I no longer get morning wood, sex drive is pretty much non existent, some mild gyno, sebum has drastically been reduced and its impossible to maintain an errection without constant stimulation. I was also on estrogen for a little over 3 months ( 1mg topical and 1mg oral ) but I dropped it as I wasn't maintaining even with all my treatments and was growing boobs pretty fast. Gyno in my left nipple has gone but I still have some in my right. Does anyone know what could possibly be the cause of my hair loss if its not androgens? 3 weeks ago I became almost Vegan ( I still eat eggs and have recently cut out dairy) so my diet is a lot better now. Its pretty much the only thing I can think of that could be causing my lack of results. I imagine most people would get some modest regrowth on this regimen so why the hell hasn't it at least slowed down my balding? I'm at a point where I have to use concealer every day so people don't notice my balding.. It sucks. Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated!
You really are not really losing too much. You seemed to have slowed it down. You have stayed around a NW2.22222. I think you need to just realize your hair looks great with or without concealers and just concentrate on getting better mentally and have the goal of getting a hair transplant in the future. I still got worse and I started earlier in treatment than you did. Genetics rule in most cases.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
You really are not really losing too much. You seemed to have slowed it down. You have stayed around a NW2.22222. I think you need to just realize your hair looks great with or without concealers and just concentrate on getting better mentally and have the goal of getting a hair transplant in the future. I still got worse and I started earlier in treatment than you did. Genetics rule in most cases.
I'm planning on getting a transplant about NW3 and taking me down to NW2. I'm not interested in NW1 so I can conserve grafts.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Prob your sh*t diet.. clogged up follicles.
Yeah my diet was really bad.. I was eating a lot of junk food due to depression/other mental health issues. I know diet does play a small role in male pattern baldness so I hope this what I need to find success. May also explain why minoxidil only worked for a little while. Dairy clogs up a lot of things in your body and it takes about 3 weeks of abstinence for you to be completely rid of it.. Maybe VegetablePolice was on to something lol.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Try seti and pge maybe. After that I’d say topical daro is your ticket
I'd like to try all but Seti and daro are ridiculously expensive. PGE would be my only realistic option but I have no idea where to get the stuff :\