*Big Time Results* with Toppik/HairSoReal

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Awesome man!

Concealer fibers are so underused in the hairloss world. I use them religiously and most of the time it looks like i have a full head of hair. You have the perfect hairline for it because it is pretty straight across. I have more recession but still work it.

Jann

Reaction score
Yeah, specially if you can maintain your current hair.

Good to go for many years.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Good results but I dont think I'd risk using that much. I'd go for somewhere inbetween the before / after pics. Like I always say just aim for slight improvement not for a 100%.

T

TravisB

Oh sh*t, you covered this big bald spot with concealer? Aren't the fibres falling off of your head or soak on your face when the rain is falling? What would happen if somebody touched your head?

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Props, amazing improvement and thanks for sharing the pictures. I agree though that it does seem risky in terms of detection as the other guys suggest.

Also you seem to get that greyish tinge if you use a lot of fibers. Wonder if that dulls with a couple of coats of hairspray?

s.a.f

Reaction score
TravisB said:
Oh sh*t, you covered this big bald spot with concealer? Aren't the fibres falling off of your head or soak on your face when the rain is falling? What would happen if somebody touched your head?

They generally hold well enough you must understand that indiviual fibres are between 0.2 and 0.7mm. (thats practicly microscopic.)Nothings going to happen if someone touches your head they wont get a black hand or anything.
My only concern for this guy is that using that amount, they can have a 'dusty' appearance, especially in direct sunlight. If someone does see something odd with your hair and directly examines your head using that amount they would spot it. But in everyday situation with people coming no closer than a few feet away it wont be noticible.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
@ CEDeoudes59, Great use of concealers in those pics. Looks really good, thanks for posting. Is Hair So Real better than Toppik?

@ SAF, With regards to touching and not getting a black hand... I do it myself, if there's a particular slick area, yes you do, regardless of spray. And if you ever scratch an itch, check those fingernails after. It's like you've been down a mine

s.a.f

Reaction score
Esprit said:
@ SAF, With regards to touching and not getting a black hand... I do it myself, if there's a particular slick area, yes you do, regardless of spray. And if you ever scratch an itch, check those fingernails after. It's like you've been down a mine

Like I said you should only ever use small amounts and not on slick areas.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Not on slick areas? I'd say 99% of people who use that stuff put it exactly there, no?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Esprit said:
Not on slick areas? I'd say 99% of people who use that stuff put it exactly there, no?

Err no -
If they do its no wonder they get problems then, since its not supposed to be used there. Its designed to stick to hairs to fatten them out. It cant stick to where there is nothing.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
OK, not slick as in bare obviously but the thinner parts that are covered in some hair not nothing, you know what I mean!

s.a.f

Reaction score
Esprit said:
OK, not slick as in bare obviously but the thinner parts that are covered in some hair not nothing, you know what I mean!

Again its just a case of being sensible with it, dont add too much and dont expect huge results, the more hair you have the easier it is. My hair is about as thin as its possible to get (hair transplant's on a former NW6) - thats unnaturally thin and I dont have problems even without using hairspray.
This stuff is charged to stick to the hair but put too much on and some wont stick

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Esprit said:

Again its just a case of being sensible with it, dont add too much and dont expect huge results, the more hair you have the easier it is. My hair is about as thin as its possible to get (hair transplant's on a former NW6) - thats unnaturally thin and I dont have problems even without using hairspray.
This stuff is charged to stick to the hair but put too much on and some wont stick

saf, i remember your thread from your last hair transplant w/ feller. the toppik pics looked pretty good. would you mind posting some actual pics w and w/o toppik?

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
SAF, I just find it hard to picture your results with Nano where you don't even need spray and it doesn't rub off over night if your hair is that thin. You must be one of the more skilled appliers mate, I still need help applying that stuff. You're not local are you!?

How were your hair transplant results, and I'm guessing you didn't have it done over here?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Shma said:
saf, i remember your thread from your last hair transplant w/ feller. the toppik pics looked pretty good. would you mind posting some actual pics w and w/o toppik?

There are pics in the thread.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Esprit said:
SAF, I just find it hard to picture your results with Nano where you don't even need spray and it doesn't rub off over night if your hair is that thin. You must be one of the more skilled appliers mate, I still need help applying that stuff. You're not local are you!?

How were your hair transplant results, and I'm guessing you didn't have it done over here?

When it comes to using this stuff its a case of experimenting and finding whats best for you.

Most people just shake the can upside down = Tons of it comes out very hard to put it precisely where you want.
Or some actualy tap the tin against their head = Fibres fall more on the scalp rather than the hair.
The manufacturers instruct this because it uses up tons of fibres this way = more sales for them.

The way I do it is just by standing infront of a mirror holding the can about 9" above the head at a 45% angle like \

Then I give my wrist a quick flick and it releases a little cloud of fibres. These float down and you just move your head into that cloud.
I do about 6 - 8 of these little flicks to cover the entire top of the scalp. Then just run your hand through your hair. The amount used is very small. 1 can lasts for months.
I keep the fibres in for 3/4 days easily.

I do get grubby marks on a pillow or the inside of a hat but thats all, but bear in mind thats sustained direct contact on cloth it certainly does'nt blow off in the wind or come off when I run my hand through it. However I do try to protect it from the elements I'll wear a hat if I have to go outside for a long period of time. However I have been out in strong winds and it still looks as thick afterwards.
Maybe its because I use dermatch first that makes the difference?

As for the hair transplant's thats another stoy: :shakehead:

3 disasterous hack jobs here in the UK followed by 2 attempts to sort things out with Feller in the U.S.
Although by the time I got to him it was very limited what he could do with amount of donor left.
If I'd have gone abroad in the first place I'd be looking better without concealers than I do now with them.