Big New Genome Wide Association Study On Androgenetic Alopecia - Preprint

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
InBeforeTheCure, dont waste your time discussing with this Armando Jose guy.

Not so long ago he was behind a snakeoil hair lotion called Oropelum, but was exposed by the Andalucia Consumer Union

http://ania.urcm.net/spip.php?article28218

His reputation on spanish forums is at the same level of his pathetic sebum theory

InBeforeTheCure

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly, there is no proof.....

But do you agree that based on what we do know, it's much more likely that there are those differences (by the same principle responsible for pigmentation patterns, or for positional patterns found in fibroblasts)? Let's say some research group announced they were to undertake a study on this. If you had to bet, what odds would you take that they would find those differences?

BTW castrates or CAIS, have hair fat or sebum in his "luxuriant" scalp hairs?

It is easy test it by any hair lab, what happen?

This study found no detectable sebum in CAIS. Forehead yes, but that's all the data we have. Let's focus though on this question that was already posed to you a long time ago: How do hair transplants work in your theory? Why do those thin pluggy transplants remain while the hair around them withers away? Since you say you are your theory's "biggest critic", you should have good answers to this glaring contradiction to the theory after so many years. Otherwise, someone critical of an idea, who doesn't place the conclusion before the evidence, would discard it, right? So what is the answer here? Assuming you can't really answer this, this is the last I'll post on "sebum theory" in this thread.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the paper about fibroblasts, it is interesting but not related to the scalp hair. In the discussion talk about it:

“that demarcated positional boundaries related to three anatomic divisions: one signature demarcating proximal and distal compartments of limbs, a second signature demarcating fibroblasts from the anterior or posterior half of the body, and a third expression signature distinguishing the dermal fibroblasts from those of nondermal origin.”

“This surprisingly simple spatial organization of fibroblast differentiation, even measured on a genome-wide scale, is supportive of a model of patterning based on position on a coordinate system”

It is not strange, to me, when we are talking boundaries areas of our body because fibroblast can act as the support of our physical body.

The paper of Imperato, as yourself say, is in the forehead, not in scalp area.

I certainly thought about why the hair is kept after a hair transplant. My idea is that the transplanted hair also has attached her operative sebaceous gland. This pilosebaceous unit is healthy, unlike its neighboring hair. Then it is possible explain that the hair will continue to be lost while the transplanted ones are being kept. Damage is found inside each hair.

On the other hand, the person who has spent a lot of money on the operation, is supposed to allow free growth of these transplanted hairs, and he will take care of them, allowing to growth at full length and may not start having problems with sebum or hair fat. But,

Undoubtedly if he continue with the bad practices with the hair, passing the time, he will again lose this new hair grafted. There are many reports that indicate that the grafted hair is lost again.

In my opinion the process of common alopecia is a slow process, especially in the early stages and is becoming faster and irreversible over time.

InBeforeTheCure

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I certainly thought about why the hair is kept after a hair transplant. My idea is that the transplanted hair also has attached her operative sebaceous gland. This pilosebaceous unit is healthy, unlike its neighboring hair. Then it is possible explain that the hair will continue to be lost while the transplanted ones are being kept. Damage is found inside each hair.

On the other hand, the person who has spent a lot of money on the operation, is supposed to allow free growth of these transplanted hairs, and he will take care of them, allowing to growth at full length and may not start having problems with sebum or hair fat. But,

Undoubtedly if he continue with the bad practices with the hair, passing the time, he will again lose this new hair grafted. There are many reports that indicate that the grafted hair is lost again.

In my opinion the process of common alopecia is a slow process, especially in the early stages and is becoming faster and irreversible over time.

This despite all evidence to the contrary, such as Michael Barry posted sometime back in the Ordovician period. So that's all about sebum theory from me.

Thank you for the paper about fibroblasts, it is interesting but not related to the scalp hair. In the discussion talk about it:

“that demarcated positional boundaries related to three anatomic divisions: one signature demarcating proximal and distal compartments of limbs, a second signature demarcating fibroblasts from the anterior or posterior half of the body, and a third expression signature distinguishing the dermal fibroblasts from those of nondermal origin.”

“This surprisingly simple spatial organization of fibroblast differentiation, even measured on a genome-wide scale, is supportive of a model of patterning based on position on a coordinate system”

Well, it is related to scalp hair, since dermal papilla cells are derived from aggregations of dermal fibroblasts (dermal condensates) during embryonic development. So let me ask you again, Armando: Given these known principles of embryonic patterning, how likely do you consider it to be that there are those epigenetic differences preceding hair loss?

It is not strange, to me, when we are talking boundaries areas of our body because fibroblast can act as the support of our physical body.

What???

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Embrionic patterning, epigenetic differences on fibroblast, dont seem very strange to me, when we are talking boundaries areas of our body, Did you read in the cited article that these differences are also in pennis for example, not only in arms, or hands?....

I mean fibroblast as support of our physical body, but it is better the definition from wiki.

The main function of fibroblasts is to maintain the structural integrity of connective tissues by continuously secreting precursors of the extracellular matrix.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibroblast

As you, I don't want talk anymore about sebum in this post.

Sorry for these Off The Topic posts.

Nadia1972

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In 10 years, we will already have beginnings of gene therapy. Tsuji will pass to the trash
Sebum is the cause of hair loss and fibrosis. Otherwise why the hormones that decreases sebum works as well and on all kinds of Androgenetic Alopecia. Those for whom it does not work well is because the dosage is too low. But with sufficient dosage, some have phenomenal regrowths.
When the root falls, there is nothing more to do. It is not complicated to understand. On the other hand to treat, it is another matter

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't want talk anymore about sebum

yeXAdU5.gif

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
In 10 years, we will already have beginnings of gene therapy. Tsuji will pass to the trash
Sebum is the cause of hair loss and fibrosis. Otherwise why the hormones that decreases sebum works as well and on all kinds of Androgenetic Alopecia. Those for whom it does not work well is because the dosage is too low. But with sufficient dosage, some have phenomenal regrowths.
When the root falls, there is nothing more to do. It is not complicated to understand. On the other hand to treat, it is another matter

AGAIN, SEBUM is NOT THE PROBLEM of Androgenetic Alopecia. You really have to understand THAT.

Nadia1972

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
AGAIN, SEBUM is NOT THE PROBLEM of Androgenetic Alopecia. You really have to understand THAT.
No need to scream. Are not we savages?
It's an avidence for all scientist people that sebum is the only problem of Androgenetic Alopecia.So why when I started androcur and spyro the fall was stopped right now.Explain me that

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Give me the link of evidence....If sebum was the one problem Androgenetic Alopecia will be already solved....Your sources are publication on the 90's?

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
No need to scream. Are not we savages?
It's an avidence for all scientist people that sebum is the only problem of Androgenetic Alopecia.So why when I started androcur and spyro the fall was stopped right now.Explain me that

Maybe because you were nuking your androgens to castration level

nah jk probably the sebum bro

Nadia1972

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Give me the link of evidence....If sebum was the one problem Androgenetic Alopecia will be already solved....Your sources are publication on the 90's?
No you you must you have to give prove of what you are advancing . The scientific community agrees on this and the only current treatments that work are the antiandrogens that lower the sebum.
We have not invented anything better in decades

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anti-androgens stop hairloss because they lower sebum? Right...

I have no idea why people engage with you and Armando. Sorry for defiling your thread IBTC

Nadia1972

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
spironolactone and minoxidil are 2 antitenseurs.spironolactone has an antiandrogen effect.I would not be surprised if they told me that minoxidil also has anti androgenic effects.I will ask my dermato