Bicalutamide as oral antiandrogen

Lloyd Braun

Established Member
Reaction score
My hairline has already impacted my life and will continue to do so. The acne is just as big a problem to me as the hairline is and oral spironolactone should take care of that too. I have been battling acne for over six years now. Nothing ever works to get rid of it. It's hormonal like the hairline I think.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
acne is an androgen mediated disease just like Androgenetic Alopecia. But it isnt due to a hormonal imbalance at least in men unless your doing a cycle of steroids which I assume your not. You are genetically sensitive to androgen stimulus in the pilosebaceous unit.

baldinglikeamofo

Established Member
Reaction score
Lloyd Braun said:
I also have normal-high levels of T.

Once your hairline is gone, kiss it goodbye because its gone for good. You can never get back what you once had.

I'm recommend copper peptides if you were interested in topicals.

But whatever you do, make sure you do it soon, this way you keep what you already have.

I'm a diffuse thinner and I've experimented with a ton of different treatments. So keep me updated. Dont be one of those people that once you have success, you disappear for good.

Lloyd Braun

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh I'm not disappearing from hair loss forums anytime soon. I started my own so expect me to be a household hair loss forum name soon. Anyway, visit my spironolactone guys blog (link is in signature) to get updated on my progress. Auglenny and I are committed to making our cases the best documented cases of men with male pattern baldness taking oral spironolactone for regrowth. We will have hundreds of pics up and are committed to making sure any before after photos are done under the same lighting and angle and with the same hair length. You can see some pics I just posted. I took 95 yesterday right after my haircut but only a few are posted. I will be updating that with more though. I am starting oral spironolactone on my birthday, September 11.

Nuli

Established Member
Reaction score
why dont you get on accutane? Will get rid of your acne and could even help your hair if you don't dose too high. (from my experience)

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Lloyd Braun said:
Okay then I will start with oral spironolactone at 50 mg. KWIH did post photo of his hairline with his hair slicked back. The results are amazing. IF you can't finasteride them then I will repost them here. I have a theory that the hairline corners can be done away with by T alone. That is why guys sometimes keep thick hair but have some corner recession beyond a mature hairline but not quite a Norwood 3. See my latest post on spironolactone guys blog for examples of two politicians that almost surely suffer from high T and have very similar hairlines. http://spiroguys.wordpress.com/2011/08/ ... nd-weiner/

Post me the photos of KWIH with his hair slicked back. All the photos I saw of his hair were with it brushed forward.

riloal

Reaction score
Lloyd, I,m interested in your bicalutamide experience. Well i don,t post very often in hair loss, because i have done very agressive treatments. I used androcur, oral fluta, and tried oral spironolactone. Based in my experience the best antiandrogen is androcur. I understand you, i prefer to have a good hair than have a good erection. I don,t have gyno, and can still have sex. And i can tell you that it,s possible to regrowth temples with antiandrogens based on personal experience. I think bicatulamide it,s a better option than spironolactone, spironolactone can mess very hard your potassium levels,and it,s weak antiadrogen