Best shampoo / conditioner regime, rotating shampoos etc

randomtask

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Forget about all the anti-dht/pills/topical growth promotion for a sec...

What is the optimum shampoo/conditioner combination for a diffuse thinner? How would you rotate your shampoos/conditioners?

This has got to be the first step in combatting hairloss right? So let's get it right! I've been thinking about this for a while...

Assuming that Nizoral is a given, what with it being part of the big 3 and all, and let's say you use it 2-3 times per week. What are you using on the other days? What is optimal?

I have been looking at Saw Palmetto based shampoos... I found a few products from Nisim, TIGI Bed Head, and American Crew... or what about DS Labs Revita (although I hear its harsh and is also Keto based like Nizoral so might not be a good idea to use Keto on too many days...?).

And conditioners... I guess I'm pretty keen to try Revita.COR... what else is good? What do you use?

Basically just looking for all your opinions and advice!

Genetickz

Reaction score
I'm currently researching the same thing.
The Revita.cor conditioner looks very promising. And although it is fairly new, most people who have used it seem to like it.
The Revita shampoo is a bit more of a mixed bag apparently. I've read some very positive reports on it, but a lot of people also don't seem to like the feel of it...

The other shampoo/conditioner I'm considering is Regenepure. It seems to get a lot of positive feedback and almost everyone seems to like it.

I'm actually thinking of trying to get the best of both and using the regenepure DR as a shampoo and the Revita.COR as a conditioner.

I'll be interested to hear what other people think...

brightside

Established Member
Reaction score
Revita shampoo dries out my hair, and 4 weeks in hasn't stopped the itching.

Revita conditioner is better, and it has a soothing, almost menthol feeling on my scalp. I don't know if it's just the bottle I received, but it's very difficult to squeeze out the conditioner from it. I can't see it lasting very long.

The shampoo you are supposed to use five times a week to be effective, the conditioner every day. I think a lot can be said for not washing your hair every day, as it can strip out the hairs' natural oils etc.

Conditioner thins hair, so why you would want to use it every day? I don't know anyone who would, thinning hair or otherwise.

I won't be continuing with Revita products once they have ran out, expect better @ £20 a bottle.

Currently using Neutrogena's T-Gel Shampoo to try and resolve the itch problem. It has an unusual smell at first (Coal tar extract) but you get used to it. It doesn't dry my hair out like Revita. You are supposed to use it 2-3 times a week for up to 6 weeks and consult a doctor if the itch still persists.

Genetickz

Reaction score
Just came across another option:
"Pure Guild" Shampoo, conditioner and serum.
Looks very impressive and seems to take a different approach, but I don't know how good it is. Haven't heard much about it...

brightside

Established Member
Reaction score
Pure Guild Shampoo looks interesting, may order it over the RegenePure once the Revita has ran out. Keep us posted on what you choose and how you get on with it. I'll do the same.

brightside

Established Member
Reaction score
Have the RegenePure DR and NT on order so will post back my thoughts. Will use in that order, by the way.

Genetickz

Reaction score
Be interested to hear if you like the Regenepure better or not. Please post back after you get them.

brightside

Established Member
Reaction score
Certainly will do, I'm hoping I receive them in the post this week.

Downside of these products is having to wait 2-3 weeks for things to arrive as you can't purchase them locally.

brightside

Established Member
Reaction score
Received the RenegePure today. Packaging/container seems rather basic compared to the Revita, guess it's a much smaller operation than at DS Labs, but who cares if the product is good. Would rather keep the costs down personally. Smells very nice. Will use tomorrow and post back.

Also of note, on the DR bottle, it says follow with NT for best results. So it looks like they've changed their recommendations after user accounts and recommendations on forums etc.

KP211

Established Member
Reaction score
I used revita and regenpure shampoo, they both were good but just got a new batch of revita shampoo and it left a waxy residue in my hair like I had hair gel in my hair right after a shower. I google it and other people had the same problem with new batches I will contact them tomorrow and see what the problem is.

FC 

Reaction score
Have been using Revita off and on for a few years. I find it works very well, when I don't use it or any other hair loss treatments I lose my hair. It's all I need to keep my hair.

I use it 5+ days a week, and apply it liberally. If I don't apply it liberally it doesn't work.

I'd rather not use it because it's not all natural but it's cheap and I'm dirt poor.

FC 

Reaction score
I should add that although I find it drying it's not nearly as bad as Nizoral for my hair. If I use it in the morning, about half the day in my hair gets its most of its oilyness back. If I use it the night before and just use water on my hair in the shower the next morning, it's pretty much perfect.

I don't use conditioner.

radiofreeeurope

Reaction score
I wash my hair with Nizoral every 3rd day and use a Garnier Fructis shampoo (which I bought pre-hairloss) once or twice a week. Is this bad due to the SLS it contains?

What I've read on forums regarding shampooing and hair loss is a bit vague, have no idea how many times a week to wash your hair is optimal, and whether a neutral shampoo (ie, non drying) should be alternated with Nizoral.

DirkNowitzki

Reaction score
I've tried an abundance of shampoos. I prefer the Tricomin shampoo and conditioner. Its a bit pricey, but you don't need too much as it lathers quite nicely from just a small amount.

It smells good and leaves my scalp feeling great. I'm also using the Tricomin spray, but may discontinue once my current supply runs out. I'm sticking with the shampoo though!

helpwithhair

Reaction score
Revita.cor, if what it claims is true is the way to go.

It states that the ingredients stay on your scale for up to 12 hours after washing.