Best hairloss insults?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Re: Some mean insults for balding young men.

collegechemistrystudent said:
5. It is your fault you are bald. Don't tell me you are a health fanatic. I know you must smoke and drink often and bath rarely, or be doing something to make yourself go bald.

Many astute observations here...

I like this one the best.

It's so sad that that people can be so ignorant...

Of course, not everybody knows the complexities of Androgenetic Alopecia, but still...

bald&french

Reaction score
This thread is one of the funniest I've read in a long time. The beautefish contest is worth a Seinfeld episode.

I've had my share of insults, or rather unpleasant "humouristic" comments about my balding.
To me, the only appropriate answer is to say, in the most honest way you can, that it hurts you.
If you are truly honest, meaning neither angry, agressive or trying to be pitied, most people will say something like "I didn't mean to be nasty", "it was just a joke" and bla bla bla.
I then usually make my point again, saying that it does pain me.
Jokers will then utter a semi-confused excuse , and you might even have a short conversation starting like "Is it really problem for you ? ... you shouldn't care ! and bla bla bla". Make your point again.

Never ever the various people who made fun of me did it again.
In my back for sure, but still, isn't it better than right in your face ?

G

I am a diffuse thinner at an early stage. to the untrained eye I am not balding hence I haven´t heard any balding insults, yet (Thx god.......). But I think the most stupid and ignorant insult, eventhough it isn´t meant as such, is: "Oh, you are balding!"
I mean everybody sees it, so why point it out? i mean, did you ever say to a girl "oh, you have gained weight!"?

I remember when I was 18 there was this guy who was about one year older than me. I think he was something like a NW2-3, really bad at this age. And once I said to him: "Oh, you are balding!" He answered with a rather angry voice: "YES, I KNOW!" i was surprised that he suddenly was so harsh. Nowadays I can understand him. At this time he was hearing this about ten times a week. It really must have driven him crazy.

CCS

Reaction score
i would not say it to someone balding in front, but iif their hair is perfect in front and on top, but thinning and not slick in back, i would feel very tempted to let them know, since they might not know yet and can't feel it in the show. That can get 4 inches wide in under 6 months. No one in my family told my brother. He just found it one day. I'm sure that was depressing.

But I don't want anyone getting pissed at me. Many guys have gotten pissed when i suggested propecia, and say their girlfriend said she would never leave him even if he goes bald. I'm sure every couples that to each other in the beginning. Has anyone ever been told by his girlfriend in the beginning of a relationship, or before marriage, that if he gets in a car crash or goes bald or something happens to him, she will leave him? I doubt it. But when one partner's appearance changes enough, and the other stays the same or changes the other direction, and it is obvious it will be a long lasting change, that is when you see how much those words meant. Most won't break up right away, but they will act less interested and foil the relationship one way or another to avoid saying the real reason. If fact, there may have been other flaws in someone the whole time which did not matter because she was having fun, but now that she is not having fun, she will point out all those flaws and tell him to fix them, and he will say they never bothered her before and he can't change them all right away or does not think it is fair unless she changes her faults too, and that is when she will say that maybe it just is not working out between them any more.

G

College,

that's a great post.

i was reading an article in the paper today about a soldier who went to iraq and lost both legs. in the hospital he saw his buddies who had sig others and he watched their wives and girlfriends all leave them. it was obvious what the reason was. who wants to date someone with no legs right? nice girls. not comparing baldness to that but you're right that if the strong connection is not there with love, or sometimes even if it is, relationships can fall apart.

CCS

Reaction score
For them to stay together, there has to be a combination of love and a very strong non-selfish commitment. If a commitment is just to get commitment in return, they will break up. If they feel they are bound by ethics, they will take a month or 3 to find a moral loop hole or get the guy to dump them somehow. If they don't feel tied by ethics, they will break up right away.

Often times if someone is with a less attractive partner, it is because they don't know they can do better, or they know that even if they get sex with someone more attractive, that person won't look up them as much and might leave them, or there is something attractive about the less attractive person that we just don't see but she does. Often, the few guys on here with attractive women who don't leave them even though they just started going bald actually were at least as attractive as their girlfriends and just did not know it this whole time. They were probably guys like tauggenichts who have very low self confidence. Men who have low self confindence worship attractive women who give them the time of day. Men who know they can get any woman they want tend not to feel as dependent.

holyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
better to reply with an insult.

"no im not bald you talking to my huge dick"

G

collegechemistrystudent said:
i would not say it to someone balding in front, but iif their hair is perfect in front and on top, but thinning and not slick in back, i would feel very tempted to let them know, since they might not know yet and can't feel it in the show. That can get 4 inches wide in under 6 months. No one in my family told my brother. He just found it one day. I'm sure that was depressing.

But I don't want anyone getting pissed at me. Many guys have gotten pissed when i suggested propecia, and say their girlfriend said she would never leave him even if he goes bald. I'm sure every couples that to each other in the beginning. Has anyone ever been told by his girlfriend in the beginning of a relationship, or before marriage, that if he gets in a car crash or goes bald or something happens to him, she will leave him? I doubt it. But when one partner's appearance changes enough, and the other stays the same or changes the other direction, and it is obvious it will be a long lasting change, that is when you see how much those words meant. Most won't break up right away, but they will act less interested and foil the relationship one way or another to avoid saying the real reason. If fact, there may have been other flaws in someone the whole time which did not matter because she was having fun, but now that she is not having fun, she will point out all those flaws and tell him to fix them, and he will say they never bothered her before and he can't change them all right away or does not think it is fair unless she changes her faults too, and that is when she will say that maybe it just is not working out between them any more.

Hehe, a typical CCS comment..... :p
Let´s keep in mind that a woman might leave her balding bf for another reason than just hair. I don´t think you can compare a balding guy to some soldier who lost his leg in war. Balding happens very slowly. These soldiers suddenly lost their legs and will now have to live in a wheelchair. This isn´t comparable.

In another thread you have been wondering why you didn´t have a girlfriend, yet. I have been reading lots of forums of people who are 20+ and virgin. Many of them were complaining that they were treating a woman like a gentleman but the woman said they were only interested in them as friends and would end up afterwards with a guy who would treat them like sh*t. You are too nice, women don´t like that. I don´t know whether you have an ugly face or not. I can´t say how much your hair loss has influence on your sucess with women. Your hair line looks ok to me, though you have said it looks much thinner in reality.
I really think that women see you as a friend but not as a partner since you are too nice, too selfless, too helpful. The advices you are giving other people about their baldness proves what I mean. Most people wouldn´t give a sh*t about other people´s hair loss, yet you do and end up with other people being angry about you. Similiar things can be observed in this forum, you are always helpful and friendly.

You are truly a great guy and it is a shame that a guy like you doesn´t have a girlfriend. It is not your fault, it is the fault of stupid, superficial women who only want the bad guys and not the decent guys such as yourself. You need to change, you need to become wicked and somehow mean in order to be sucessful.

I think I am somehow similiar to you. Well, I was goodlooking before my hair loss started so I could have girlfriends due to my looks. But what I need more are some male buddies or even friends. People you go out with having fun and chasing girls. i don´t have such. I always tried to be helpful and friendly to other people and ended up being abused and fooled by them. Now I have decided that I would rather stay alone then being fooled by some assholes. Nobody is mistreating me. I am quit and not interested in communication with other people. I guess, nowadays more and more people see me as an arrogant a**h** rather as a stupid fool you make fun of.

CCS

Reaction score
1) Women don't go for jerks because the guy is a jerk. He is a jerk because he knows he can be one since he looks good, and she goes for him and puts up with his behavior because he looks good, has money, whatever.

2) I have to be nice to compensate for my looks, if I want a prettier woman. Since looks are more important, most women will still go for a better looking guy. If I were a jerk, it would not get me a pretty woman. It would just make me have fewer female friends.

3) Probably less than half of women go for jerks. Actually, the exact figure is a little less than the percentage of men who are jerks. Also, women do go for jerks if the guy looks better than the nice guys she can get or she is a jerk too and must settle for her kind or she can't find a single guy and wants to have some fun temporarily until she finds another nice guy who looks as good as she does.

4) Probably the majority of men with girlfriends are just as nice as their girlfriends are. The reason we hear about jerks getting dates is those are the guys who stand out when average looking nice guys complain that they can't get a date with above average looking women. They can't stand that a jerk is getting sex, so they reference it all the time since it bothers them more, and ignore the nice good looking guys. Also, if a guy is jelous of another guy, the jelous guy usually has the defense mechanism of saying the other guy is a jerk, when he probably is not.

5) People who want someone better looking tend to be nicer than average, unless they know they will never get it. People who have everything they want tend to not mess with petty stuff since they are already happy. People who are jerks tend to switch partners more often, or just stay with less attractive people. But all good looking people can get sex, even if they have to pair with a jerk, and will often do that and keep nice people as their friends, rather than have sex with them. If you are in this nice person role, you have to be aware of it and decide what you want.

I agree with you about it being better to be alone than get used. However, I've learned to go a step further. I can spot the users very early on. I can tell friend from business partner from trouble. I am comfortable hanging around problem people and knowing how to keep from getting in bad situations (like getting in a car with people I don't know) but still gaine something socially from being around people (like learning that the popular guys at my complex spent thousands of dollars on their big parties, and how they recruited party goers, and how people at the party acted, and how they all left when the beer ran out), and have learned a lot. I don't stay completely alone. I just protect myself, learn from watching all types of people, and know when I'm around my friends or just acquaintances.