Best hairloss insults?

Green Soap

Established Member
Reaction score
Back when my hairloss was just shitty (way before I found this site and began recovering in leaps and bounds) I had been insulted on a regular basis.

Best one I remember that still makes me chuckle:

I used to work with this guy that whenever I did an excellent job (which was oftern 8) ) he would say:

"Beautefish! Beau ..de fish"

I can't hate him for that, it was brilliant. At the time I wanted to gut him and spear his body on a pike but now, props.

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I had a friend back in high school that would call me 'double-barrel' because I had two visible crowns with a nice patch of hair in between. Yep, it was kinda funny looking.

I remember this other time not long ago, my roommates had a few girls come over and they find themselves in my room mucking around while im in there. I was studying for a test and they merrily walk in half-drunk saying hi and picking things up. They picked up my digital camera and started mucking around with it and finally found out how to view the pictures and found my 'Norwood' shots (with flash) and they were asking why there are pictures of a bald guy in my camera. I told them I had cancer and the pics were taken after my chemotherapy. I bullshitted them without a care. I had Toppik giving me a nice head of hair at the time, so I had to explain it somehow :)

everysixseconds

Established Member
Reaction score
Green Soap said:
Back when my hairloss was just shitty (way before I found this site and began recovering in leaps and bounds) I had been insulted on a regular basis.

I used to work with this guy that whenever I did an excellent job (which was oftern 8) ) he would say:

I can't hate him for that, it was brilliant. At the time I wanted to gut him and spear his body on a pike but now, props.

i dont get it!

SE-freak

Reaction score
wangho75 said:
I had a friend back in high school that would call me 'double-barrel' because I had two visible crowns with a nice patch of hair in between. Yep, it was kinda funny looking.

This is my exact pattern at 28. Has your regimen given you decent crown coverage?

G

Ive never had an isult directed toward me for my hairloss, probably because it isnt very bad..yet. But to be honest Ive never heard anyone insult anyone about hairloss in my life. There seems to be more men with hairloss than without, so I think its perceived as normal by society for men to be thinning or bald.

G

everysixseconds said:
Green Soap said:

i dont get it!

neither do i?????

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
SE-freak said:
wangho75 said:

This is my exact pattern at 28. Has your regimen given you decent crown coverage?

Im a few days over the 3 month mark and things are looking a good bit better back there. At 2 and a half months is when I noticed things looking better and each few days I see things looking better. At this rate, I should see total cosmetic regrowth at a little over the year mark.

You and I seem to have a certain type of hairloss that may have a really good response to treatment. Do you have the V hairline as well?

I have been inspecting my crown up close for months and between the new dark and thicker hairs back there, there is a ton of noncolored longer vellus back there when I run my finger across my partially small circumferenced slick bald crowns. When I see the shimmer of the 'invisible' hair from the overhead bathroom lights, it's telling that I have a full head of alot invisible thin hair. For the amount of recovery that's needed and needs to happen back there, I am very, very happy with what's happening back there, not to mention my front and temples that are doing really well with added thickness and health and things pushing forward, and vellus hair on the forehead temples getting increasingly darker and longer even a whole inch away from the hairline. I may have a hairline that I havent enjoyed since I was 15. I started getting ravaged by DHT early on, but at a pretty slow rate. I am 30 now, and sh*t's just looking and doing great!

SE-freak

Reaction score
wangho,

My hairline is almost perfect- it could use a little work, but I prefer the Beckam style than the monkey-no-forehead-style anyway(that explains why I have been on denial for a long time). My problem is my crowns. Mine, is also an extremely slow progressing Androgenetic Alopecia. I have the strip of hair you mentioned along the symmetry axis of my vertex. My normal density is EXTREMELY high, that making my male pattern baldness border very obvious in the crowns area. My vertex is also full of intermediate hairs, some terminal and obviously a lot of vellus. It is something close to the second example on the propecia Photographic Assessment page- maybe a little worse in some areas and better in some others.

Do me a favor- keep me up to date with your progress. I have not started taking drugs yet. A possibility of good regrowth would put me at ease until my next follow up with my derm in two months. PM me if something changes.

thank you.

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
neiltom88 said:
everysixseconds said:
Green Soap said:

i dont get it!

neither do i?????

That makes three of us!

G

This thread has to be the worst thread in history for throwing people totally off track.

Now what the f*** is Beu fish bollocks got to do with an insult to someones hair?

Petchsky

Reaction score
...::traxdata::... said:
Now what the f*** is Beu fish

Fish? I love fish, but strangely enough i don't love fishing.

G

The apparent Beau Fish 'super-insult' must be some sort of American thing because I can safely say that no-one in the UK will understand what that means.

We relate better to the old classics such as Bald Bastard, Oi! f*** you, you slaphead c*** etc.

Anyway, tell us what it means.

The Gardener

Reaction score
neiltom88 said:
The apparent Beau Fish 'super-insult' must be some sort of American thing because I can safely say that no-one in the UK will understand what that means.

I believe that Green Soap is a Canadian.

But. I get it. Not THAT funny.

Odelay

Established Member
Reaction score
biff said:
neiltom88 said:
everysixseconds said:
Green Soap said:

i dont get it!

neither do i?????

That makes three of us!

Four. :pensativo:

Green Soap

Established Member
Reaction score
My god you people are stupid.

BeautiFUL...

BeautiFISH...

It's called a PLAY ON WORDS.

Fishhead

Chickenhead

Roadkill

squirrel

all these are names that can apply to all you diffuse thinners and what sits atop your skull. Do I need to spell it out, obviously. My god.

Now, once again. instead of saying Beautiful! Good Job! He would say BEAUTEFISH.

BEAU De FISH. .As in (YOU) De FISH.

morons.

The Gardener

Reaction score
eeh.. well, I was close, but no cigar.

I thought that instead of saying beautiful, he was saying "Bee - Eau de fish", or "smell of fish".