best growth stimulants other than minoxidil

JAKE12321

My Regimen
Reaction score
i have a bad experience minoxidil i got some wrinkles, water retention allergies, etc, I am searching for some good growth stimulants

here is what i will use rn, i found out that sildenafil cream can work and that they are on par with 2% minoxidil also stemoxydine there is a study saying that it grows 1500-3000 hairs which can be a good addition, also oral castor oil, and probably adenosine and ru58841 to help with the regrowth I am also on finasteride.

i heard topical estrogen can help i don't really want to risk feminization so i will use an Estrogen cream but are those effective?

please recommend anything that can help

EDIT : i read about redensyl and that its good too do you think its effective ?

Last edited:

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
would love more info on topical estrogen too as it seems to be good for skin aging but i'm scared af about facial feminization and gyno/penis size loss

JAKE12321

My Regimen
Reaction score
would love more info on topical estrogen too as it seems to be good for skin aging but i'm scared af about facial feminization and gyno/penis size loss
Derek from mpmd said he used it but saw no significant results and his serum E levels didn't change ( they were actually low ) i dont think he gave it a good try or tried to look into it more but from his experience, i'd say its not feminizing

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i have a bad experience minoxidil i got some wrinkles, water retention allergies, etc, I am searching for some good growth stimulants

here is what i will use rn, i found out that sildenafil cream can work and that they are on par with 2% minoxidil also stemoxydine there is a study saying that it grows 1500-3000 hairs which can be a good addition, also oral castor oil, and probably adenosine and ru58841 to help with the regrowth I am also on finasteride.

i heard topical estrogen can help i don't really want to risk feminization so i will use an Estrogen cream but are those effective?

Caffeine, bimatoprost, latanoprost etc...

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Melatonin topicals may also help, I am trying one in conjunction with minoxidil.

polishkickbuttowski

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm also looking for an alternative to minoxidil. I've heard that adenosine is good and there are studies for it saying it is actually good for the skin which would be nice. Outside of Adenogen I've only been able to find 1 source for it which is strange, can't even find it on Alibaba. Maybe somebody here knows more about this source than I do. https://beantownchem.com/item/216680-10G

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Have you tried minoxidil without propylene glycol?

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm also looking for an alternative to minoxidil. I've heard that adenosine is good and there are studies for it saying it is actually good for the skin which would be nice. Outside of Adenogen I've only been able to find 1 source for it which is strange, can't even find it on Alibaba. Maybe somebody here knows more about this source than I do. https://beantownchem.com/item/216680-10G

I've used adenogen, it's "ok" but it does not even remotely compare with applying 17b estradiol gel right to my scalp.

The thing about adenogen though, or rather adenosine, is that it is just a more direct application of the same process minoxidil initiates when applied to the scalp, which is stimulating adenosine to induce hair growth, but also increasing prostaglandin e2 which is important for hair growth and vasodilation.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I've used adenogen, it's "ok" but it does not even remotely compare with applying 17b estradiol gel right to my scalp.

The thing about adenogen though, or rather adenosine, is that it is just a more direct application of the same process minoxidil initiates when applied to the scalp, which is stimulating adenosine to induce hair growth, but also increasing prostaglandin e2 which is important for hair growth and vasodilation.
did you notice any feminization sides applying 17b oestradiol,? thanks

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
did you notice any feminization sides applying 17b oestradiol,? thanks

Personally? No, I don't even have gyno, I did however lose the ability to be completely lean no matter what, but that's a very small price to pay.

Also my facial hair grows slightly less faster than it did before, but my facial hair grew like mad before, so I'm not too upset about that.

polishkickbuttowski

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Did you try adenogen with microneedling? Im only considering adenogen because the solubility of adenosine is extremely low, i dont even know how they were able to get the concentration so high.

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use melatonin spray which seemed to have stopped hairs coming out in my hands when I run my hands through my hair to virtually zero.

I also use estrogel which has a positive effect on my facial skin.

Too early to tell if they will regrow hair but worth considering.

No sides from either.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you try adenogen with microneedling? Im only considering adenogen because the solubility of adenosine is extremely low, i dont even know how they were able to get the concentration so high.

I am highly sensitive to microneedling, I actually had an adverse reaction to it on my scalp so I simply do scalp massage to encourage blood flow from now on.

It absolutely does work, but like I said, it's nothing compared to topical estrogen.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use melatonin spray which seemed to have stopped hairs coming out in my hands when I run my hands through my hair to virtually zero.

I also use estrogel which has a positive effect on my facial skin.

Too early to tell if they will regrow hair but worth considering.

No sides from either.

If the estrogel is legit you may experience an initial shed, if that happens you will also experience a good regrowth as well.

polishkickbuttowski

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because of this do you think adenosine would have the same skin-thinning and aging effects that minoxidil has? That's what I was trying to avoid. I definitely believe that topical estrogen is a better growth agonist but I'm not willing to use that.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because of this do you think adenosine would have the same skin-thinning and aging effects that minoxidil has? That's what I was trying to avoid. I definitely believe that topical estrogen is a better growth agonist but I'm not willing to use that.

I don't know, possibly not because I think minoxidil being a medication may yield a greater response than regular adenosine.

Secondly, I want to know, have you ever used minoxidil for an extended period that did not have propylene glycol?

I have been using adenosine internally for a while and I have not noticed any profound aging effects as a result, in fact you'll probably find greater aging effects from nuking your androgens than intake of adenosine.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I read a pretty extensive thread by somebody on this forum about the impact of aging which resulted from minoxidil use, and I think it's a combination of using the compound with a ppg carrier, as well as using a concentration that their body cannot tolerate.

I plan on using a highly dilute version of the compound that does not use ppg as a carrier to see if it helps, I'll report back on my findings to see if I experienced any adverse effects.

Personally I think minoxidil is the far better option for actual hair growth because like I said it increase PGE2 as well.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Derek from mpmd said he used it but saw no significant results and his serum E levels didn't change ( they were actually low ) i dont think he gave it a good try or tried to look into it more but from his experience, i'd say its not feminizing
True about his results and underwhelming attempt to stay the course but it might only work as maintenance in the absence of reaching levels known to be substantially feminizing. Unfortunately or not, estrogen is no secret and hasn't been a secret since being discovered with different metabolites in the 20's and 30's.

In my opinion, there's a very good reason why it hasn't been a thing the past century or until HRT programs started allowing non-binary folks in their program ~2015 and since the ease of acquiring meds from off-shore. Even the menopausal creams on Amazon can grow substantial breasts with possibly meager effects on regrowth save maintenance. To get to the hair, the really good hair anyway, you have to pass through the entire spectrum of feminizing effects as it goes systemic easily which we have always known. For females and pre-balding maintenance using very small amounts, particularly in the crown and temples might be indicated without increasing feminization. It might also improve the scalp environment for maintenance or regrowth and work synergistically with other meds but right now testing in combo is mostly limited to oral, not topical spironolactone and few believe that spironolactone is absorbed well or very active topically.

But be careful. The human body is wired to see the introduction of estrogen, for the first time in itself as a host, as a trigger to begin breast growth and menstruation. XY's don't menstruate of course, but tiny amounts of any sort of estrogen can initiate breast growth which is usually meager in XY's but you never know. You pays your money and you takes your chances.

Last edited:

polishkickbuttowski

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know, possibly not because I think minoxidil being a medication may yield a greater response than regular adenosine.

Secondly, I want to know, have you ever used minoxidil for an extended period that did not have propylene glycol?

I have been using adenosine internally for a while and I have not noticed any profound aging effects as a result, in fact you'll probably find greater aging effects from nuking your androgens than intake of adenosine.
I used minoxidil for a couple weeks and I stopped it out of concern of skin aging, not because I actually noticed the effects myself. I have some unappealing premature wrinkles around my eyes that I do not want to get worse. I was using the foam by the way. Sadly it seems like everything with hair loss is a lesser of 2 evils. There's some studies on topical adenosine for treating wrinkles actually, so maybe it's one of minoxidil's other growth effects that has more of a negative impact on skin.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

My hair was in terrible condition not long ago and I'm already seeing new growth as a result of using topical estrogen, the last time I regrew hair after a catastrophic loss I was restricting DHT but also using betamethasone which supposedly increases estrogen receptor sensitivity by many times over.

A minimum you'd need to be on it for is 5 to 6 months to see serious results.

I'm also fairly convinced that Derek's hair problems have less to do with inherent genetics and vulnerability to testosterone and more to do with whatever anabolic substances he uses to keep himself huge. He's a big proponent of RU-58841, whereas that sh*t did absolutely nothing for me except give me weird cardiac issues and chest pain. It did not help my hair growth at all.

Last edited: