Best country for a bald guy?

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
I am going to be moving in the next month or two to another country (I currently live in the UK). I can pretty much go anywhere in the world as I now have the qualifications and experience. So with that said, what do you think is the best country for a balding/bald guy? And what is the worst?

I am thinking maybe a Buddhist country would be the best for bald guys as a lot of Buddhist men choose to be bald.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Is this a joke? Why not move to Etheopia, I'm sure that amongst the draught, disease and famine absolutley no one will give a sh*t about your hairloss.

Boondock

Reaction score
toocoolforhair said:
I am going to be moving in the next month or two to another country (I currently live in the UK). I can pretty much go anywhere in the world as I now have the qualifications and experience. So with that said, what do you think is the best country for a balding/bald guy? And what is the worst?

I am thinking maybe a Buddhist country would be the best for bald guys as a lot of Buddhist men choose to be bald.

If you're joking, I'd recommend Afghanistan. Nobody judges a bald man when everyone's wearing a turban.

Or were you being serious? What qualifications do you have? Are you restricted to English-speaking nations, or could you operate elsewhere? I have a feeling that Europe is kinder to bald men than America (at least based on some of the posts here), but beyond that there are a lot more variables at work.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I suggest any Arab country as you can get away with wearing a piece of cloth on your head but seriously dont let it ruin your career because baldness is still a taboo subject in most countries.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Japan, cos their diet means they never go bald. You'll get 100% regrowth :jackit:

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
I would not recommend any Asian country as bald men are cosidered "inferior" in their cultures, and is seen as a weakness. (sound famiar? :whistle: )

But seriously, they really do discriminate against baldies in Asia probably more than in Western countries such as US, Canada, Britain, etc...
This is true. Being bald in Asia is almost like a sin.. it's really ridiculous.

Nene

Reaction score
zeroheat said:
dudemon said:
I would not recommend any Asian country as bald men are cosidered "inferior" in their cultures, and is seen as a weakness. (sound famiar? :whistle: )

But seriously, they really do discriminate against baldies in Asia probably more than in Western countries such as US, Canada, Britain, etc...

I think thats because it's much less common in Asia. sh*t sucks though because I love asian ladies. My x girl was filipino and boy was she hot. Sigh, I may never find another like her again now that I'm bald. :sobbing:
Anyway, I actually considered moving to Puerto Rico and still consider it. I have a house out there already. I could get sun and keep my dome nice and tan all year round. There aren't too many bald young guys out there though.

guitar66

Reaction score
i know a few people mentioned this guy was joking, but its actually not that bad of a question.

first, moving ANYWHERE might help: for example, i'd rather start over in a new place where people will always know me as bald/thinning, as opposed to stay put where people that knew me with hair will be there to fully witness my decline

second, getting out and experiencing some culture and living a new lifestyle might help. there could be countries that are less superficial towards baldies. plus, you might be so occupied by your new environment, that you will care a little less about it than you did before.

third, the simple aesthetics of it. why live in a gloomy place with shitty weather, when you go somewhere that allows you to keep a nice tan and encourages you to stay in shape all year

then theres simple every day life...we generally work jobs that we're not fully satisfied with as it is... waking up and worrying about your hairline every morning before work just makes it worse. we sit in traffic, we allow ourselves to be influenced what society thinks is attractive etc... all this leads to more stress.

finding the right place could theoretically mean less stress, better looks, a better outlook on your situation, and over all less mental sanity spent on stressing about balding and sitting on internet forums....

and if you think this sounds crazy, just consider the last time you had a really good vacation.... doesn't have to be anything extensive or luxorius or extravagent. the point is, get out of town for a few days, get some sun and you will usually feel a little better. At least until the first day you get back and your sitting in traffic while on your way to your cubicle.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Sorry but this theorising is ridiculous, the most important thing about living anywhere is the quality of lifestyle. Theres a good reason that some people in the world will do anything to get to countries like Britain and the U.S, and while you may enjoy your holidays on the hot continents such as Asia and Africa I can assure you that most of the locals you encounter would much prefer to be able to come and sit in an office in rainy, overcrowded England.

cuebald

Reaction score
Aye, most of the ex-pats who leave the UK for warmer shores end up coming back here anyway. Guess all that life in the sun isn't all that.
I enjoy going to warm countries for a week or two but couldn't stay more than that. I went to Fuengirola, Spain and could hardly breathe in the summer there. Bald head looked nice and tanned tho'.

Nene

Reaction score
seaback said:

Well I live in Asia. I can see and personally know plenty of bald and balding men with hot chicks.
And I was with a hot (and smart) chick as well.

Where in Asia is this?

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
seaback said:

Well I live in Asia. I can see and personally know plenty of bald and balding men with hot chicks.
And I was with a hot (and smart) chick as well.
I don't know what country that is, but many girls in Korea simply refuse to date bald guys..

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
zeroheat said:
I don't know what country that is, but many girls in Korea simply refuse to date bald guys..
I am thinking of moving to South Korea because you can make some great money out there. Will I have problems as a shaved down norwood 3? I just read an article where it says Koreans point and laugh at bald men in the street. Is it really that bad for bald guys in Korea?

In South Korea for example, baldness is an obvious flaw, and as such, has been made into a public caricature. If you're caught in a public space without hair, and you're not dressed like a monk, young children are apt to shoot fingers at you and scream BAK BAGI BAK BAGI.

http://english.ohmynews.com/articleview ... 0&rel_no=1

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
toocoolforhair said:
zeroheat said:
I am thinking of moving to South Korea because you can make some great money out there. Will I have problems as a shaved down norwood 3? I just read an article where it says Koreans point and laugh at bald men in the street. Is it really that bad for bald guys in Korea?

In South Korea for example, baldness is an obvious flaw, and as such, has been made into a public caricature. If you're caught in a public space without hair, and you're not dressed like a monk, young children are apt to shoot fingers at you and scream BAK BAGI BAK BAGI.

http://english.ohmynews.com/articleview ... 0&rel_no=1
lol, it's not THAT extreme but Korean people do have hard time accepting baldness. People will call you "bak bagi", "octopus head" etc.. usually not in front of you but behind your back. Majority of girls are willing to date other guys "as long as they are not bald". Baldness is like the No.1 thing to avoid, lol. I think you could be at disadvantage, especially if you are looking to teach at a public school etc. Appearance is very very important when getting a job in Korea. It's still a very close minded country..

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
seaback said:

Who gives a sh*t about the ridiculously small and superficial South Korea where 1 girl on 4 has plastic surgery ?
Korean bald men?...

HughJass

Reaction score
somewhere with a low UV index perhaps?

or maybe somewhere where people wear hatsa lot ....like the indigenous Bolivarians. That would be a 'bald paradise' as Costanza would say.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
seaback said:

Who gives a sh*t about the ridiculously small and superficial South Korea where 1 girl on 4 has plastic surgery ?
Korean bald men..? lol idiot