Before and after nanofibres

Charming Man

Reaction score
Here's my hairline before and after nanofibres.

I use wet gel to add texture, give a quick spray of hairspray all over, apply nanofibres to the crown and forehead and then use hairspray again.

It does an immense job of the crown but the hairline is a real hassle. I use cotton buds and baby wipes to clean up any residue on my forehead, neck and ears if I get a bit carried away.

I've been using it for 3 years and I feel it does a good job, considering the hair loss I have.

Attachments

• hair nano.JPG
    hair nano.JPG
    416.6 KB · Views: 406
  • hair non nano.JPG
    hair non nano.JPG
    401.8 KB · Views: 323

Charming Man

Reaction score
While I'm in a sharing mood, here's an "after" photo in more flattering lighting.

Attachments

• hair nano 2.jpg
    hair nano 2.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 299

kk1888

Reaction score
I have to say it looks Great!...But i heard gel doesn't really help your hair's health :)...Anyway going to get my nanofibres too first time for me! suffering same as you front assult! lol.

I have started going to gym since i know that muscle will have to subtitute for hair ;)...

Charming Man

Reaction score
Cheers kk1888.

Descending into baldness inspires me to do those extra few reps at the gym too.

Good luck with Nanogen.

kejan

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks good, Charming Man.
Shows potential punters what nanogen can do to your hair. I wear nanogen and also dermatch, and it can really sprouse up your hair.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thats awesome. No one would ever suspect you were losing hair. How long does the stuff last you. I might get some.

Charming Man

Reaction score
follicle84 said:
Thats awesome. No one would ever suspect you were losing hair. How long does the stuff last you. I might get some.

The 30g (largest size) lasts me a month and a half - maybe less.

I sometimes am guilty of piling it on at the front, but it's not a good look. I've been accussed of dying my hair when I had too much on a few months ago.

But it works well enough. It's a big improvement on my natural state.

G35guy

Reaction score
Looks really good,big difference. I use Toppick on bad hair days that also works really well,thank god for concealers.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
today I've been busted using concelears...it sucks...because I have my hair short and sometimes I am having good results sometimes not...the thing is sometimes I have some dirt at the hairline and sometimes it can not look natural at all...I am using nanogen and I've heard that is the best for this...I don't wanna even think at toppik and others products...

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I guess its more challenging to pull off a natural look on the hairline as it is for the crown when it comes to concealers.

s.a.f

Reaction score
black_squirrel said:
how does nanofiber compare to hair so real?

Pretty much the same thing, but I think Nanogen is slighty better quality. HSR is a bit cheaper but I still prefer to use Nanogen.

s.a.f

Reaction score
imlosinit said:
Is the nanofibres any different than toppik?

Not really except there have been issues with Toppic such as sweat running green, the black toppik looking blueish and it being visible under certain lights (uv) Nanogen does'nt appear to have these faults.

Its kind of a Coke / Pepsi thing.

kejan

Established Member
Reaction score
Nanogen/Toppik I've felt isn't too noticeable if you use the right colour. Try going one lighter than your natural colour.. So if you have black hair, try dark brown. The only concern I had was the sunshine or a brightly lit Pub or Bar when I started using them.

Key I suppose is to practise a bit.
I noticed one guy with obvious toppik on the train once but it because he had basically just turned the tin upside down and patted the fibres out on to the bit at the back of his head that he needed covered.

If you use them, you need to spread them out a bit and even on to areas where you have sufficient hair to blend it in.

sohiab

Reaction score
I use nanogen and sometimes forget how good it is! When i wash my hair i can then see the thinning hair!

sterling9000

Reaction score
It's a tough one with short hair. I have had the same problem with the product falling onto my forehead. I have used all the fibers out there at this point. None are great for this. I spray several times and then check and double check my forehead when I'm out in public. It also sucks waking up with a new woman and going to the bathroom and seeing that "dirt" on your forehead..and forget about the getting it on the pillow dilemma...jeez the things we go thru for the vanity of hair.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
sterling9000 said:
It's a tough one with short hair. I have had the same problem with the product falling onto my forehead. I have used all the fibers out there at this point. None are great for this. I spray several times and then check and double check my forehead when I'm out in public. It also sucks waking up with a new woman and going to the bathroom and seeing that "dirt" on your forehead..and forget about the getting it on the pillow dilemma...jeez the things we go thru for the vanity of hair.

If you use a ton of Loreal Finishing and sculpting spray this will not be a problem, when I use this stuff the toppik will not come off on my pillow at all! In fact it won't even come off if someone grabs my hair.

SAF says the same, but I've never woken up with it all intact, even with a ton of spray on it??

sterling9000

Reaction score
finfighter said:
sterling9000 said:

If you use a ton of Loreal Finishing and sculpting spray this will not be a problem, when I use this stuff the toppik will not come off on my pillow at all! In fact it won't even come off if someone grabs my hair.

Wow..gotta try that. This is just one of those things that causes me great anxiety..sleeping at new girls house is just off the charts..I freak out if they have a white or light colored pillow. If there was a product that didnt rub off or a way to eliminate this I would be ecstatic. Guess I'm gonna buy me some Loreal today?