Beef

Aplunk1

Reaction score
MEAT IS TERRIBLE.

If we're ever going to live in a sustainable world, then we must be able to co-exist with the four-legged creatures. I mean, would you eat your dog?

On that note, it's tough being a vegetarian. I'm too skinny, and I frequently get cravings. Grrr.............. like right now.

G

Aplunk1 said:
MEAT IS TERRIBLE.

If we're ever going to live in a sustainable world, then we must be able to co-exist with the four-legged creatures. I mean, would you eat your dog?

On that note, it's tough being a vegetarian. I'm too skinny, and I frequently get cravings. Grrr.............. like right now.

aplunk, preaching is LAME.

there's nothing i hate more than someone who has eaten meat for years becoming vegetarian and starting to chastise other people for their choices.

Humans exercise dominion over animals according to the bible. THEY ARE OURS AND WE CAN DO WITH THEM WHAT WE WISH

just kidding

But seriously, it is perfectly acceptable to eat animals. They taste good and lean cuts of meat like chicken are a valuable part of any diet.

---

I have no problem eating red meat but I actually only eat it about once a month myself. I do have tuna about once a week but I just don't really like the taste of most meats that much. I don't really like steak at all. I do enjoy ground bee, hamburgers and hot dogs, sausage, but that's pretty basic. The key is to not have too much red meat. Once or twice a week is really no big deal though, and low-fat high-protein chicken breasts are healthy to eat every day. I eat those 4 or 5 times a week, myself. I also love my new leather jacket that I got for Christmas. Thank you cows. You look nice on me.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I forgot to amend a "just kidding" to my post, above.

I was hoping some would find a note of sarcasm in there. But really, a lot of preaching goes on in my campus from veggies and vegans. (Try going organic vegan... :) )

I do think that the U.S. is wasting tons of energy growing genetically-crossed crops of corn, feeding that to diseased animals (antibiotics, hormones), butchering them (inhumanely, and some of them very young-- veil), then shipping them, & selling them at different qualities (isn't assigning a value to a piece of meat kind of a sick idea?). Would any of you pay the extra $5/lb. for better quality/kosher meat?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
It is right.

:mrgreen:

J/K

I don't think that I literally told anyone on this board to stop eating meat. I did discuss my opinion, however.

Why is it such a sensitive issue?

G

Aplunk1 said:
I forgot to amend a "just kidding" to my post, above.

I was hoping some would find a note of sarcasm in there. But really, a lot of preaching goes on in my campus from veggies and vegans. (Try going organic vegan... :) )

I do think that the U.S. is wasting tons of energy growing genetically-crossed crops of corn, feeding that to diseased animals (antibiotics, hormones), butchering them (inhumanely, and some of them very young-- veil), then shipping them, & selling them at different qualities (isn't assigning a value to a piece of meat kind of a sick idea?). Would any of you pay the extra $5/lb. for better quality/kosher meat?

i have had kosher meat before, being part jewish, and i honestly don't prefer it. i know the ritual slaughter is supposed to be nicer for the animals and of course it's kosher and all, but as you said it's way expensive and i don't prefer the taste.

it's also hard to find kosher ham for some reason, and i do like ham ;)

I think cassin's problem with your opinion is that he didn't relaize you were joking or whatever, just like i didn't. were you even joking though? it sounds like you are in fact vegetarian for animal rights reasons and it's my experience that most people who are vegetarian for those reasons rather than health reasons are some of the preachiest people on earth.

Cassin

Reaction score
I saw his comment that he was joking so my comment was general and not directed at aplunk1.

I hate it when people speak to someone else in a manner alluding that they are superior to "you" based on their beliefs

I am better and stand on a higher moral high ground because....

I am a vegetarian
I am not religious
I am religious
I am a Vegan
I am a republican / democrat / liberal
etc

And you are stupid because you are not....

In the end not many people really gives a sh*t what someone thinks on such issues. If someone wants to worship a rock while eating a rack of beef ribs...who gives a f-ck...let them and mind your own f-cking business.

/Steps down from his soapbox
:jump:

Cassin

Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
Why is it such a sensitive issue?

Nobody likes to be told what to do and critiqued...

Its like someone telling you to go or not go to church. Don't see this movie because the director is "liberal"

You shouldn't watch p**rn..

You shouldn't waste your money on _________

ETC...

People should mind their business on such issues.

I used to work at a health food store and some lady there had strong views on eating bread and meat. She never ate bread unless she made it. Really strange but thats fine and its her business, not mine. Its her body and she should do whatever she believes in. But I would make a chicken sandwich and if she noticed she would tsk tsk "how can you eat that?" in a tone making it seem like I was some monster who just killed a child. I wanted to smash her teeth in every time she gave me sh*t about it. It was also amusing since she has one of those old lady leather covers that held her cigarettes and lighter.

And again...not directed at you....I understand you were joking.

G

yeah i have the same attitude that cassin does toward preachy people.

i hate some of the evangelical leaders the most of any of the groups . I think that some of the evangelical leaders are the most personally offensive to me because of the sheer hate that comes out of their mouths, but they're not the only ones that I can't stand.

I also can't stand the fatty food police, the animal rights police, and the environmentalist police. I don't mind the smoking police as much because they have a point that secondhand smoke can harm other people.