Bayer Prolactin Receptor Antibody For Male And Female Pattern Hair Loss

JohnDoe5

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately a Mistake :(
At least the US has authorized the company to go ahead with phase 2. If the company starts phase 2 in the US that means 2 good things for you.

1. If a US phase 2 study proves the treatment works then you might be able to get it early via blackmarket.

2. If a US phase 2 study proves the treatment works it would move to phase 3 in the US and once it completes phase 3 you could fly to America and get the treatment and then go home. Now, if you do it this way, rather than getting it blackmarket, then you would have to stay in America for months until you've used the treatment long enough that the recovery process will continue even after you go home and stop using the treatment.

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
At least the US has authorized the company to go ahead with phase 2. If the company starts phase 2 in the US that means 2 good things for you.

1. If a US phase 2 study proves the treatment works then you might be able to get it early via blackmarket.

2. If a US phase 2 study proves the treatment works it would move to phase 3 in the US and once it completes phase 3 you could fly to America and get the treatment and then go home. Now, if you do it this way, rather than getting it blackmarket, then you would have to stay in America for months until you've used the treatment long enough that the recovery process will continue even after you go home and stop using the treatment.
I have Zero Problem to Stay und US For months to get my hair Back.

do you think that Phase II trials will only be For US residents or will it also be possible For european People of they Stay in the US For the duration of the trial?

JohnDoe5

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have Zero Problem to Stay und US For months to get my hair Back.

do you think that Phase II trials will only be For US residents or will it also be possible For european People of they Stay in the US For the duration of the trial?
I don't know if/when US trials will take place. I've only been speculating about stuff like everyone else. That aside, I don't think that US trial managers will allow people from foreign countries to take part in US trials. IMO the people doing the trials would want to be sure that the participants live close to the study site.

When I said that you might have to reside in the USA for some months I was talking about AFTER trials are over and the treatment is on the US market you might be able to spend some time in America to get the treatment but you might have to stay in American long enough to complete the treatment regimen.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Is this plausible? Can random labs manufacture this antibody or is it too technically difficult?

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
iirc they have contacted labs regarding HMI but were quoted an amount which was not affordable + it had to be stored in -20C
Oh, that's right. So then they CAN produce it, I guess the question then becomes can they produce it at some reasonable price. I mean we've come to terms now with the likelihood that it's gonna cost a lot of money, 10s of 1000s of $, so could the labs produce it at something like that kinda price is the question now.

JohnDoe5

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, that's right. So then they CAN produce it, I guess the question then becomes can they produce it at some reasonable price. I mean we've come to terms now with the likelihood that it's gonna cost a lot of money, 10s of 1000s of $, so could the labs produce it at something like that kinda price is the question now.
I would think the blackmarket price would be cheaper because a lot of the blackmarket chemicals come from countries where labor is less expensive, such as India and China.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
IMO the difficulty of producing monoclonals is the main thing standing in the way of black market HMI-115.

If it was easy enough to do, then somebody would be willing to rip off somebody and sell it. If it's not one Chinese company ripping off another then it would be an Indian lab ripping off the Chinese or something. One way or anther it would happen.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
86 pages… Can someone summarize for me; is high prolactin good or bad? What is Bayern trying to achieve with this antibody?
If you wanted to know that all you had to do is look up the definition of antibody.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
86 pages… Can someone summarize for me; is high prolactin good or bad? What is Bayern trying to achieve with this antibody?

Stump Macaques regrew a lot of hair for months, still increasing at the end of the studied period, after one set of injections. Any questions?

Ralph Wiggum

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Virtually all humans regrow hair with oral minoxidil. Many don't regrow hair with topical minoxidil because they lack the enzyme in the skin which converts minoxidil into its active form. Taking it orally converts it in the liver where the enzyme is present in all humans, so that's why all of them respond to oral minoxidil even though they don't respond to topical. Apparently all macaques have the sulfotransferase enzyme in their skin.
Is this definite? Dr. Rassman said this yesterday:

Do you prefer to prescribe oral or topical minoxidil?​

Jun 6, 2022/by William Rassman, M.D./Hair Loss Causes
I have no preference. Only about 40% of men are minoxidil responders and when they do respond, they respond to both the topical and the oral. The topical keeps it local

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this definite? Dr. Rassman said this yesterday:

Do you prefer to prescribe oral or topical minoxidil?​

Jun 6, 2022/by William Rassman, M.D./Hair Loss Causes
I have no preference. Only about 40% of men are minoxidil responders and when they do respond, they respond to both the topical and the oral. The topical keeps it local
Response rate is around that for topical, but studies have found a response rate near 100 for oral minoxidil

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah although there still seems to be a link with SULT1A genes and higher Oral Minoxidil response which is interesting. I guess follicles having more SULT1A could enhance OM effects further

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Acetylation modulates prolactin receptor dimerization

HDAC4/9 are present in healthy hair follicles and this study reveals they are strongly associated with Androgenetic Alopecia. It was always assumed that this association was due to them being corepressors of the AR, but they are also corepressors of the PRLR.

I think the balance of HDACs and HATs is skewed in Androgenetic Alopecia creating upregulation of AR and PRLR, which ultimately represses canonical Wnt signaling, causing a progressively shorter anagen phase. From the top SNPs in this study there is the AR of course, then genes that regulate AR and PRLR transactivation, PAX1 and TWIST which are involved in Wnt signaling and upregulated by PRLR. It certainly seems like Androgenetic Alopecia is driven by coactivation of the AR and PRLR. AR activation itself recruits histone acetyltransferases, which upregulate PRLR. Crosstalk between the two then takes place.

ASC-J9 may be an ideal AR antagonist to use with HMI-115, as curcumin inhibits HATs.

HAT inhibitors have shown success in prostate cancer.

"A limited number of HAT inhibitors are in preclinical or clinical trials, with p300/CBP and P/CAF-specific inhibitors showing the most promising effects"

Estradiol promotes prolactin transactivation by inducing histone acetylation through ERα, but the predominant estrogen receptor in the scalp is ERβ and it silences ERα. So estradiol does not upregulate prolactin signaling in the hair follicle, despite upregulating it in other tissues.

HDAC inhibitors also work for prostate cancer, through inhibiting HSP90.

Prolactin actually upregulates HSP90

It is theorized that in castration resistant prostate cancer AR activation is continued in part by "mechanisms including activation of kinase pathways that can both stabilize AR and enhance its transcriptional activity and upregulations of AR coactivators that increase AR mediated transcription. These sensitize AR to lower levels of ligand."

Prolactin upregulates all of these pathways that hypersensitize the AR.

Also of importance, HSP90 promotes transcription of Twist1. Twist1 ablation results in perpetual anagen phase in mice.

You can see from all this that the AR and PRLR are very interconnected. It's not hard to imagine that silencing the PRLR would stop the positive feedback loop between the two receptors and reverse male pattern baldness in a more potent and lasting way than current treatments, which is what was observed in stump-tailed macaques. Returning AR sensitivity to normal and restoring homeostasis could give lasting results that simple DHT inhibition does not.

Ultimate hair loss stack?: HMI-115, ASC-J9, Estriol. Nothing else needed for full reversal?
This is great stuff. But here’s what doesn’t make any sense. Hdac4 apparently inhibits runx2. From my understanding runx2 is needed for hair growth.

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score
Phase 1 will be over in 2024. Until then we just have to wait. Still can't believe they need 2 years to recruit 20 individuals and treat them over 24-Week period. I think they are being very cautious about safety.