Bayer Prolactin Receptor Antibody For Male And Female Pattern Hair Loss

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
beauty, health and youth is and will always be only for rich and ultra rich, it will never change

Zon Ama

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
beauty, health and youth is and will always be only for rich and ultra rich, it will never change

And again: What cosmetical procedure costs more than 10k$?

Some examples:
Invisalign: 3-7k$
Single dental implant: 1-2k$ (this is even covered by insurance to some degree)
Jawline surgery: 10k$
Breast implant: 5-7k$

This is not rich and not ultra rich

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And again: What cosmetical procedure costs more than 10k$?

Some examples:
Invisalign: 3-7k$
Single dental implant: 1-2k$ (this is even covered by insurance to some degree)
Jawline surgery: 10k$
Breast implant: 5-7k$

This is not rich and not ultra rich
total face makover in korea - 50k$

ppma

Reaction score
If producing at large scale costs lie in the range of some hundred $ or even less, then I understand that the estimate of $50k is is not based on the production costs, which is what I was thinking. There is no point in investing in another technology then.

Then why the estimate of $20k? If it's based on numbers or studies I am really interested. 90% baldies in the forum might be willing to pay that much, but outside most balding men do not give a cr*p about their condition. At least not if it involves such quantities.

Surgical procedures usually involves other factors: insurances, a large team involved (nurses, anaesthetists, other technicians), facilities, liability insurances, but also the prestige and name of the surgeon. This last thing is what creates scarcity and raises the price, and applies to hair transplants as well. Also, we are not dealing with a drug saving anyone of dying from cancer like other mAb treatments.

Here we are talking about a product that can be administered with almost no specialized skill requirements, requiring quite cheap equipment, and with no need for special facilities. Profits in this scenario are maximized not by charging huge prices, but finding the price that multiplied by the consumers willing to pay it is the highest. Doubtfully >$10k

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not in Turkey or many other places in the world. And quality is even better in some of those cheaper places than the average western transplant clinic.

A hair tranpslant is more democratic than ever.
Yes, but the point is it's a lot more than that in the US, which is a more appropriate comparison for determining market pricing of a hair loss treatment. Turkey won't be manufacturing generic HMI-115 and selling it to Americans and Europeans.

Zon Ama

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, but the point is it's a lot more than that in the US, which is a more appropriate comparison for determining market pricing of a hair loss treatment. Turkey won't be manufacturing generic HMI-115 and selling it to Americans and Europeans.
Haha, I am trying to spread some positivity in this thread. Maybe youre right.
I am living in a bigger german city and I saw at least 15 people who had a hair transplant and I know one guy who had already 2 in Turkey
Even if it will not reach 100% density, no one has to be bald nowadays. Its a choice.

I am losing ground fast as f***, but at least we have options. Keep your head up, guys. In the end of the day its just hair, even if its annoying!

Last edited:

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha, I am trying to spread some positivity in this thread. Maybe youre right.
I am living in a bigger german city and I saw at least 15 people who had a hair transplant and I know one guy who had already 2 in Turkey
Even if it will not reach 100% density, no one has to be bald nowadays. Its a choice.

I am losing ground fast as f***, but at least we have options. Keep your head up, guys. In the end of the day its just hair, even if its annoying!
No one has to be bald? Tell that to the whole nw6-7 with diffused donor zone.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No one has to be bald? Tell that to the whole nw6-7 with diffused donor zone.

The usual response to that is "yOU SHOUld have GoTTen on finASTERide". As if miniaturization never starts before your 20s and as if 5ar drugs never cause hormonal side effects.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The usual response to that is "yOU SHOUld have GoTTen on finASTERide". As if miniaturization never starts before your 20s and as if 5ar drugs never cause hormonal side effects.
The drug not always keep working forever specially for aggressive balding like nw6-7

JohnDoe5

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The Status of the trial is „Not yet recruiting“.

We could be happy If we hear something und end of 2023. The study completion is in March 2024 so Maybe we will get the results in Summer 2024…

These Are the Dates For the Phase I Trial:

Estimated Study Start Date :April 2022
Estimated Primary Completion Date :July 2023
Estimated Study Completion Date :March 2024

There is No reason to believe we get the results earlier then it is officially announced on clinicaltrials.gov unfortunately

Could someone please explain the below information to me? The 1st link says that HMI-115 is only now preparing to go into a phase 1 trial for hair loss and recruitment hasn't even started yet BUT the 2nd link says that Hope Medicine has been given clearance to start its phase 2 trial with the same treatment and also for hair loss. Since the company was given clearance to start its' phase 2 study that should mean the phase 1 study is completed and the results have been tabulated. I'm confused. Which one of these 2 links is accurate?

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Could someone please explain the below information to me? The 1st link says that HMI-115 is only now preparing to go into a phase 1 trial for hair loss and recruitment hasn't even started yet BUT the 2nd link says that Hope Medicine has been given clearance to start its phase 2 trial with the same treatment and also for hair loss. Since the company was given clearance to start its' phase 2 study that should mean the phase 1 study is completed and the results have been tabulated. I'm confused. Which one of these 2 links is accurate?

This was covered just 2 or 3 pages back in this thread. People really need to learn to read first and ask questions later

-specter-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I realize that for many this is "only" an aesthetic problem and therefore it is not given relevance. But there are many people who suffer from it on a personal level and I am sure that many who shave their heads and ignore it deep down also suffer from it. It is a question of human dignity, not just an aesthetic problem. If the investors and whoever managed it were not cynical Methuselahs, all this would be clearer. To wait decades for something that could be solved in 2-4 years is absurd.

Now we find ourselves with Australia that rejected phase 2 because Hope medicine wanted to save twice, the first time by doing phase 1 only for women, the second time when it decided to do a single joint phase two in the various countries. This ridiculous and irresponsible management of the company has led not only to delays but also to spending more money, other than saving.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I realize that for many this is "only" an aesthetic problem and therefore it is not given relevance. But there are many people who suffer from it on a personal level and I am sure that many who shave their heads and ignore it deep down also suffer from it. It is a question of human dignity, not just an aesthetic problem. If the investors and whoever managed it were not cynical Methuselahs, all this would be clearer. To wait decades for something that could be solved in 2-4 years is absurd.

Now we find ourselves with Australia that rejected phase 2 because Hope medicine wanted to save twice, the first time by doing phase 1 only for women, the second time when it decided to do a single joint phase two in the various countries. This ridiculous and irresponsible management of the company has led not only to delays but also to spending more money, other than saving.
That's overly pessimistic. It is normal to have a single multicenter global phase 2, and increases statistical power. As for only doing one phase 1, HMI isn't the one to blame for that. That trial was conducted by Bayer because they had no plans to use the drug for hair loss. When HMI purchased rights to the drug that changed. If they had decided to start with a phase 1 for hair loss they would still be waiting for that trial instead of having an approval to run a phase 2 in the US. Their choice will get the drug to market faster provided they move forward with the phase 2 in the US without waiting for the Australian trial to complete. No one knows what their plans are so there is no foundation to criticize them on this matter

-specter-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's overly pessimistic. It is normal to have a single multicenter global phase 2, and increases statistical power. As for only doing one phase 1, HMI isn't the one to blame for that. That trial was conducted by Bayer because they had no plans to use the drug for hair loss. When HMI purchased rights to the drug that changed. If they had decided to start with a phase 1 for hair loss they would still be waiting for that trial instead of having an approval to run a phase 2 in the US. Their choice will get the drug to market faster provided they move forward with the phase 2 in the US without waiting for the Australian trial to complete. No one knows what their plans are so there is no foundation to criticize them on this matter
I hope you are right, and that no more time is wasted on the buttercracy

JohnDoe5

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This was covered just 2 or 3 pages back in this thread. People really need to learn to read first and ask questions later
So the Aussies have been given the green light to start a phase 1 study while they have been given the green light to start a phase 2 in the US. Interesting. I suspect they'll start phase 1 in Australia while starting phase 2 in the US at the same time. Of course, I'm not sure of this but it's my suspicion.

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
So the Aussies have been given the green light to start a phase 1 study while they have been given to start a phase 2 in the US and Europe. Interesting. I suspect they'll start phase 1 in Australia while starting phase 2 in the US and Europe at the same time. Of course, I'm not sure of this but it's my suspicion.
It might make the most sense to wait three months to see if the dose used in the AUS phase I trial is working. They've probably already dosed the first patient.

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So the Aussies have been given the green light to start a phase 1 study while they have been given to start a phase 2 in the US and Europe. Interesting. I suspect they'll start phase 1 in Australia while starting phase 2 in the US and Europe at the same time. Of course, I'm not sure of this but it's my suspicion.

where Did you See that they have Been given a green light to start Phase II in Europe? I think only US was mentioned…