Bayer Prolactin Receptor Antibody For Male And Female Pattern Hair Loss

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
it's kind of a meta-discussion, but this is absolutely not how early stage VC funding works.

a typical split would be a VC firm investing in 10 companies - with the expectation that 7 fail, 2 have moderate returns, 1 has good returns

failure is actually the default expectation for any specific company (despite due diligence to try to reduce this rate)...but the ones that show returns make up for all the failed bets

*(glancing at the firms that invested here, it looks like they have a 10-15% exit rate with a bunch more companies "in flight", completely in line with the principle outlined above)

Their investors could easily believe all of the following at the same time, they are not contradictory:
-Hope Medicine as a company has a better than even chance of failure at everything
-HMI has a good *enough chance of reaching the market to treat endo, making 60M a good investment to own a large share of the returns (this is actually a below average amount for recent biotech series B funding)
-HMI has a 1% chance of having the literal cure for hair loss and reaching the market in the near future
You're an expert on everything, aren't you? The point was you said there was a 1% chance of success, now you say it's a 1% chance of being a literal cure. I would agree the chances of being a "literal cure for hair loss" are very low, but the chances of it being a better treatment than what's on the market is much higher than 1%. That was the original proposition before you moved the goal posts

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're an expert on everything, aren't you? The point was you said there was a 1% chance of success, now you say it's a 1% chance of being a literal cure. I would agree the chances of being a "literal cure for hair loss" are very low, but the chances of it being a better treatment than what's on the market is much higher than 1%. That was the original proposition before you moved the goal posts
I would assume if this worked even remotely similar to the macaques and held the gains for even as close as long that it would technically be the cure for hairloss. Whether or not it could bring a NW7 to a NW0 would not mean it couldnt turn a NW2 into a NW0 and keep him there for a very long time or allow someone with early hairloss to avoid it through cycles.

The cure for a current NW7 might be beyond what a hormone therapy could do, maybe that lies in cellular or cloning treatments.

-specter-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would assume if this worked even remotely similar to the macaques and held the gains for even as close as long that it would technically be the cure for hairloss. Whether or not it could bring a NW7 to a NW0 would not mean it couldnt turn a NW2 into a NW0 and keep him there for a very long time or allow someone with early hairloss to avoid it through cycles.

The cure for a current NW7 might be beyond what a hormone therapy could do, maybe that lies in cellular or cloning treatments.
I have a nw3, so do you think there is a good chance of recovering the original hairline?

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a nw3, so do you think there is a good chance of recovering the original hairline?
me too i'm n3.5/4 with the potential of regaining tiny vellus hair all the way down to nw0 area with min but i'm wondering if hmi could manage to get those terminal and cure us

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have no idea how well this will work. We only have the macaques results to go off and if it worked as well on humans I'm sure it would restore a lot of your loss, but who knows if it would be a perfect regain of hair. After the trial finishes late this year or early next year we should get a good idea.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have no idea how well this will work. We only have the macaques results to go off and if it worked as well on humans I'm sure it would restore a lot of your loss, but who knows if it would be a perfect regain of hair. After the trial finishes late this year or early next year we should get a good idea.
so maybe do you think there is a good possibilities we should see first resuls or data in a 1.5 years period?

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
so maybe do you think there is a good possibilities we should see first resuls or data in a 1.5 years period?
If it's a 4 or 6 month trial that gets up and running prior to Q2 2022? Sure I guess late 2022 early 2023 is when they'd release results, especially if positive. Lets see when the trial actually goes up on the clinical.gov site.

-specter-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
but they don't just work for the Androgenetic Alopecia, they can still repair damage due to an accident or change a natural hairline

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure, basically I want to see phase 2 results. But it definitely has a lot of potential. I would like to see when the phase 2 will complete so we can predicts the arrival of results.

-specter-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
they have earned enough money already it is time to have treatments that are really effective

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
How many will that work keep in business do you think? 5%?
The concern is not having enough hair transplant surgeons because there aren't many new ones. They are almost all ready for retirement