Bayer Prolactin Receptor Antibody For Male And Female Pattern Hair Loss

French

My Regimen
Reaction score
Could this treatment if it works stop female alopecia as well?

if this is the case, it means that even the DUPA's would be cured

10k to be half cured is f*****g totaly worth it and affordable for everyone with a lown

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
2 times per month dosing of 30-90 mg. So we could expect the treatment to cost 10-12.000 $? (6 months).
Yeah that seems like a pretty good guess to me judging by that cost, especially considering the results last years. If constant use was required to maintain they'd probably have to cut margins to make it more feasible, but if you only need to use it for 6-12 months, seems fine.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Phase III will probably last for 12 months. Imagine if the trajectory of improvement continues for a full 12 months. You might be taking this antibody for 2 years.
What if that isn't needed though? They might not be dosing for 12 months straight, just using the reference period to measure safety/results. Also, isn't there theoretically a ceiling on the benefit that any person could get from this? If you have follicles that are calcified/scarred over then even this isn't brining them back.

Last edited:

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
What if that isn't needed though? They might not be dosing for 12 months straight, just using the reference period to measure safety/results. Also, isn't there theoretically a ceiling on the benefit that any person could get from this? If you have follicles that are calcified/scarred over then even this isn't brining them back.
In instances like this what would prevent vellus hairs grown through derma rolling from benefiting and helping someone get back to a full head?

I know this has been asked but I didn’t really notice how it was addressed... Still too many unknowns to know I’m sure.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Six months isn't maximum results. At some point it has to level off, but there is no leveling off of the trend in this six month chart. The top two responders appear to be on their way to full density in one year. The rest either need more time or just can't achieve full density. It takes a long time for the follicle to be completely destroyed by fibrosis.
bayer.PNG

Last edited:

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Min is 1500 a dose as they can charge it, they could sell it for <1000 providing its produced on a large enough scale and the demand is high and still keep good margins.

Keep in mind, this isn't just being used/trialled for Androgenetic Alopecia. It's also going through trials for Endo, and possibly other indications in the future.

This is far from my realm of knowledge, but I'd imagine id would be advantageous to sell it for Androgenetic Alopecia (not covered by insurance) at a somewhat reduced price. It would be more cost efficient to produce a larger amount consistently, and sell part of it at a reduced price - surely? This is just pure speculation on my part though.

Would like to hear your view on this though, and whether them producing the same mAb for other conditions could make a price reduction for non-insurance covered conditions feasible.

Thanks
No what you said is correct, they will legitimately have to price is more reasonably or they would be charging around that average 100k mark I posted earlier. That's why I always roll my eyes when I see people talking about how much money is in hairloss treatments. When you remove insurance from the equation, most of the profit incentive for the drug companies goes away.

This drug could restore perfect hair, but at 100k/yr price tag out of pocket almost no one would use it.

Last edited:

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
This surely has to be the new v**** for older men. Nothing kills wood more than prolactin - which sores with age thanks to rising estrogen in relation to T

-specter-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think they will lower the price to maximize the profit, it makes no sense to slow down sales with a high price. At most it could cost more at the time of launch on the market and then drop shortly after.

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am sorry, have to ask this Again because i didn‘t get it:

Does HMI-115 will give the patient a HIGH prolactin-Level or a LOW prolactin-Level?

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am sorry, have to ask this Again because i didn‘t get it:

Does HMI-115 will give the patient a HIGH prolactin-Level or a LOW prolactin-Level?

The antibody prevents PRL signalling. So prolactin will either stay the same but just remain ineffective or like with other receptor inhibiting drugs the feedback loop may lead to a slight upregulation of prolactin - but still remain ineffective.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Serum levels will increase somewhat like in the LFA antibody clinical trial, but @Ollie is right. It will remain ineffective.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score