Bayer Prolactin Receptor Antibody For Male And Female Pattern Hair Loss

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.asiaone.com/business/ho...nancing-strengthening-capabilities-global?amp

Tl;dr: Hopemed closes $56mm series B round. Will be used to fund HMI-115 phase 2 alopecia studies for US/CN/EU, which will start "soon" (2021 for sure it seems). Again confirmed successful HMI-115 phase 1 in humans.

Ok, between this and Kintor the Chinese are officially not here to f*** around. If they start and finish phase 2 in 2021 and immediately go to phase 3, could we see this drug released in early 2023?

HM's investors from Series A followed in the Series B which is usually a good indicator of the company's performance.

Most of the time, historical investors usually try to flee from the company and cash-out on the next financing rounds

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What are the odds a paper or at least some kind of info on the results will be released once they finish phase 2 so we can all die of hype induced heart attacks if it shows regrowth comparable to what the monkeys got?

Redgate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone should pay very close attention to when and where they're recruiting for phase 2. If there's any trial that's worth participating in, it's this one.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone should pay very close attention to when and where they're recruiting for phase 2. If there's any trial that's worth participating in, it's this one.
It's tough because you need to drop everything else 3-6 months prior. Anyone on finasteride or minoxidil would need to give it up just to apply and if you don't get chosen you might drop some serious hair.

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah and its phase 2 so you get like what, 6 month dosing tops? Then you don't get access until like 2 years later if all else goes well, there's no way there is expanded access for a hairloss drug.

In the Monkeys studies they noticed that the effects of HMI-115 lasts at least 4 years. So Maybe you Are Safe after 6 months treatment For many many Years :)

Superman H_M

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.asiaone.com/business/ho...nancing-strengthening-capabilities-global?amp

Tl;dr: Hopemed closes $56mm series B round. Will be used to fund HMI-115 phase 2 alopecia studies for US/CN/EU, which will start "soon" (2021 for sure it seems). Again confirmed successful HMI-115 phase 1 in humans.

Ok, between this and Kintor the Chinese are officially not here to f*** around. If they start and finish phase 2 in 2021 and immediately go to phase 3, could we see this drug released in early 2023?

Let's goo, waiting a year for that kind of news. This looks really good overall. Can't wait for the phase II results.

Great find !

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Price is not confirmed and it will probably be much less than a hair transplant
Hmm, I'm not sure about this one. Since the dosing isn't long term it will probably cost over 5 figures with no insurance as there isn't a single mAb priced under that. Even the Covid mAb is roughly 1500~ a dose.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm, I'm not sure about this one. Since the dosing isn't long term it will probably cost over 5 figures with no insurance as there isn't a single mAb priced under that. Even the Covid mAb is roughly 1500~ a dose.
Sucks. The treatment better give crazy crazy regrowth. What do you predict the cost will be for a 6 month treatment course?

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sucks. The treatment better give crazy crazy regrowth. What do you predict the cost will be for a 6 month treatment course?
I don't know anything about the dosing, but generally a single dose of a mAb goes from between 1k-15k from what I've seen. The covid mAb from illy lilly is $1300 at cost per dose. Pricing could drop but I would take whatever the dosing was on the monkey's and multiply that by about $1,000-2,000. Usually this isn't a big deal because almost every other indication of a mAb is covered by insurance and the out of pocket payments are the coverage less deductibles or rise in co-payments.

As a poster said above, if the results are so good that they can do better then a transplant would, then expect similar pricing.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know anything about the dosing, but generally a single dose of a mAb goes from between 1k-15k from what I've seen. The covid mAb from illy lilly is $1300 at cost per dose. Pricing could drop but I would take whatever the dosing was on the monkey's and multiply that by about $1,000-2,000. Usually this isn't a big deal because almost every other indication of a mAb is covered by insurance and the out of pocket payments are the coverage less deductibles or rise in co-payments.

As a poster said above, if the results are so good that they can do better then a transplant would, then expect similar pricing.
2 times per month dosing of 30-90 mg. So we could expect the treatment to cost 10-12.000 $? (6 months).

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Phase III will probably last for 12 months. Imagine if the trajectory of improvement continues for a full 12 months. You might be taking this antibody for 2 years.