Bayer Prolactin Receptor Antibody For Male And Female Pattern Hair Loss

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
How many Daltons does SMI have? If you are sticking to the original post of Follicle Guardian you guys are planing to use it in specific small áreas of the scalp so I'm guessing dermarrolling is out of question?

you can still derma roll for increased penetration might just be unnecessary because the molecular weight is fairly small. I would actually do big areas at a time if it wasn’t for the cost of the stuff .. not to mention if it has prolonged effects like the antibody did then it just wouldn’t be necessary as along as all areas eventually get hit

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what Are the Next steps?
The Homepage of hopemedinc is offline.
No announcements since December 2020

They should Start the trial soon But no infos unforntinately

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what Are the Next steps?
The Homepage of hopemedinc is offline.
No announcements since December 2020

They should Start the trial soon But no infos unforntinately

Here they are! They actually pivoted to another strategy: distant healing

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Here they are! They actually pivoted to another strategy: distant healing

WRONG! your link is of a company from Pakistan which hasnt any connection to HopeMedicine of China.

As you can see the chines HopeMedicine has another homepage with is offline unfortunately:

About​

Hope Medicine is a science-driven clinical stage biopharmaceutical company

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
WRONG! your link is of a company from Pakistan which hasnt any connection to HopeMedicine of China.

As you can see the chines HopeMedicine has another homepage with is offline unfortunately:

About​

Hope Medicine is a science-driven clinical stage biopharmaceutical company

Oh my bad, thanks for warning me.

Just when I was about to share my bank details with their seemingly trustworthy doctor, Dastageer Fambarzahi, who's kindly been trying to cure my hair loss remotely on the phone for the last 2 hours.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh my bad, thanks for warning me.

Just when I was about to share my bank details with their seemingly trustworthy doctor, Dastageer Fambarzahi, who's kindly been trying to cure my hair loss remotely on the phone for the last 2 hours.
Just imagine if he managed it

elevic

My Regimen
Reaction score
It makes sense. They have very high prolactin levels for the first 6+ weeks after birth
When I first grew hair as a new born I had exactly the same Norwood pattern that I have now. And there are studies that suggest that prolactin might be linked to the characteristic Androgenetic Alopecia pattern. In my ignorance, everything seems to add up. Could prolactin be the cause of my pattern as a baby?

Last edited:

-specter-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
we hope it is the definitive turning point for hair regrowth. I started losing them when I was 23

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The pattern is likely due to the highest points of scalp and forehead tension. For all children among caucasians, hair fills in last in the temples which is where males lose it first, along with the crown. And of course, it is not the definitive turning point for hair growth. No male meds grow hair sadly nor are they likely to until 2041 when the third round of trials begin for Rogrow-Again. Keep your eyes on that one.

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I first grew hair as a new born I had exactly the same Norwood pattern that I have now. And there are studies that suggest that prolactin might be linked to the characteristic Androgenetic Alopecia pattern. In my ignorance, everything seems to add up. Could prolactin be the cause of my pattern as a baby?
elevated cortisol of the mother during pregnancy is reflected in neonates hair
elevated cortisol of the mother also delays their milk production, so probably lowers their prolactin

Would be interesting to see if mothers with psychological problems during the pregnancy get balder kids

The pattern is likely due to the highest points of scalp and forehead tension. For all children among caucasians, hair fills in last in the temples which is where males lose it first, along with the crown. And of course, it is not the definitive turning point for hair growth. No male meds grow hair sadly nor are they likely to until 2041 when the third round of trials begin for Rogrow-Again. Keep your eyes on that one.

i‘d have to agree with you on that, although it’s unclear and probably case dependent how hormones, skull expansion, tension and metabolism/blood flow are interdependent. I think a bad hormonal profile leads to male pattern baldness by itself, but could also expands your skull for example, which restricts blood flow combined with lower metabolism after your teens, which induces hypoxia, which affects test metabolism in that hormones are less likely to be oxidized into hair friendly hormones and more likely to be 5ar degraded. So it’s not „less bloodflow less nutrients“, it’s less bloodflow altered local hormones.

I think a strong metabolism protects against scalp tension/ bloodflow problems and can overcome scalp expansion to a certain degree. A strong teenage like metabolism can also be „faked“ with I think two drugs: minoxidil (which also works in other ways) and caffeine. Basically things that make your heart beat stronger which gets blood in your scalp. This should delay local hypoxia and fibrosis.
Caffeine I think has to be megadosed to achieve that though, upwards of 800mg/ day, and won’t regrow hair or adress more holistic hormonal characteristics that would cause male pattern baldness. I have no idea if bloodflow/ scalp expansion/tension/metabolism is 5% or 50% of male pattern baldness, but after having run minoxidil and high dose caffeine and the way it affects my scalp I’m certain it plays a role (in my case)

Children with expanded foreheads have the least hair in the front. Even young girls with giga expanded foreheads are nw2-3

it’s totally possible that a theory is correct without it being the biggest contributor to male pattern baldness

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's really hard to say because we don't know the levels of autocrine/paracrine prolactin in any part of the scalp. We have a couple hints that it is involved in the pattern, but newborns have supraphysiological levels of serum prolactin so their scalp should thin/bald everywhere they have prolactin receptors.

Scalp tension has been debunked for 60 years over and over. None of the top hair loss researchers believe in that, only some amateur researchers that publish their nonsense in low impact journals. I'm not going to derail this with that nonsense but you can search the forum for that.

There is indeed tons of evidence implying that prolactin is the missing link or one of them. Prolactin may be involved in downregulating Wnt signaling in the HF which is the cause of hair loss.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
elevated cortisol of the mother during pregnancy is reflected in neonates hair
elevated cortisol of the mother also delays their milk production, so probably lowers their prolactin

Would be interesting to see if mothers with psychological problems during the pregnancy get balder kids

i‘d have to agree with you on that, although it’s unclear and probably case dependent how hormones, skull expansion, tension and metabolism/blood flow are interdependent. I think a bad hormonal profile leads to male pattern baldness by itself, but could also expands your skull for example, which restricts blood flow combined with lower metabolism after your teens, which induces hypoxia, which affects test metabolism in that hormones are less likely to be oxidized into hair friendly hormones and more likely to be 5ar degraded. So it’s not „less bloodflow less nutrients“, it’s less bloodflow altered local hormones.

I think a strong metabolism protects against scalp tension/ bloodflow problems and can overcome scalp expansion to a certain degree. A strong teenage like metabolism can also be „faked“ with I think two drugs: minoxidil (which also works in other ways) and caffeine. Basically things that make your heart beat stronger which gets blood in your scalp. This should delay local hypoxia and fibrosis.
Caffeine I think has to be megadosed to achieve that though, upwards of 800mg/ day, and won’t regrow hair or adress more holistic hormonal characteristics that would cause male pattern baldness. I have no idea if bloodflow/ scalp expansion/tension/metabolism is 5% or 50% of male pattern baldness, but after having run minoxidil and high dose caffeine and the way it affects my scalp I’m certain it plays a role (in my case)

Children with expanded foreheads have the least hair in the front. Even young girls with giga expanded foreheads are nw2-3

it’s totally possible that a theory is correct without it being the biggest contributor to male pattern baldness
You write copiously like me. I think that sounds right. But so much is possible with the indicated theory. Miracles can come true if we want it enough:

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score
You write copiously like me. I think that sounds right. But so much is possible with the indicated theory. Miracles can come true if we want it enough:

I think worth exploring is male pattern baldness in hyperthyroid men, because they have a high heart rate which is what caffeine/minoxidil emulate

from what i can tell they still go bald, but rarely/never (?) recede

thats their heart rate offsetting hypoxia in their temples i am betting

no idea why they would diffuse though ngl

Carbons

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think worth exploring is male pattern baldness in hyperthyroid men, because they have a high heart rate which is what caffeine/minoxidil emulate

from what i can tell they still go bald, but rarely/never (?) recede

thats their heart rate offsetting hypoxia in their temples i am betting

no idea why they would diffuse though ngl
Have mild hyperthyroidism from my father's side, have diffuse thinning matching my father and temple recession matching my mother's father. One sibling just has temple recession, other has diffuse. Seems 99% genetic to me.

Jesse14

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's really hard to say because we don't know the levels of autocrine/paracrine prolactin in any part of the scalp. We have a couple hints that it is involved in the pattern, but newborns have supraphysiological levels of serum prolactin so their scalp should thin/bald everywhere they have prolactin receptors.

Scalp tension has been debunked for 60 years over and over. None of the top hair loss researchers believe in that, only some amateur researchers that publish their nonsense in low impact journals. I'm not going to derail this with that nonsense but you can search the forum for that.

There is indeed tons of evidence implying that prolactin is the missing link or one of them. Prolactin may be involved in downregulating Wnt signaling in the HF which is the cause of hair loss.
Interesting to see this now. I ordered some cabergoline the other day.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting to see this now. I ordered some cabergoline the other day.
Won’t do anything for your hair. You need to tackle extrapituitary prolactin through the PRLR.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Won’t do anything for your hair. You need to tackle extrapituitary prolactin through the PRLR.
I wonder if you can use it topically to silence extra prolactin. I assume the reason why systemic dopamine agonists don’t work like BAY because the scalp’s main source of prolactin comes from tissue generation like from the pituitary gland. And even long half life dopamine agonists won’t silence prolactin completely in the scalp. But topically applying it might provide enough of it to suppress it directly in the tissue.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if you can use it topically to silence extra prolactin. I assume the reason why systemic dopamine agonists don’t work like BAY because the scalp’s main source of prolactin comes from tissue generation like from the pituitary gland. And even long half life dopamine agonists won’t silence prolactin completely in the scalp. But topically applying it might provide enough of it to suppress it directly in the tissue.
Unfortunately will not work.. Dopamine agonists do not affect the local prolactin production. Only the pituitary gland..