Bayer Prolactin Receptor Antibody For Male And Female Pattern Hair Loss

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
If we could get our hands on those phase 1 studies, I'm really curious what they say...
You can find the endometriosis study on PubMed. I don't think they did a specific study for Androgenetic Alopecia so it still hasn't been tried in a human male.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah and it wasn't even specifically for hairloss, it was for general application.
Also only in women so nothing could be determined from it

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
14 genes were found upregulated in frontal vs vertex scalp. At least 10 of them are upregulated by PRLR signaling, and 2 others induce prolactin secretion.

a.PNG

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
14 genes were found upregulated in frontal vs vertex scalp. At least 10 of them are upregulated by PRLR signaling, and 2 others induce prolactin secretion.

View attachment 160858

Which means it could be very effective for frontal baldness, right?

This great news

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Which means it could be very effective for frontal baldness, right?

This great news
I'd like to see the same comparison done in women. We know that prolactin promotes frontotemporal hair growth in women, and they don't lose their hairline. It seems to have the opposite effect in male frontotemporal hairs.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd like to see the same comparison done in women. We know that prolactin promotes frontotemporal hair growth in women, and they don't lose their hairline. It seems to have the opposite effect in male frontotemporal hairs.

do you think there’s any link between the high prolactin level in new borns and their lack of / delayed hair growth ?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
do you think there’s any link between the high prolactin level in new borns and their lack of / delayed hair growth ?
It makes sense. They have very high prolactin levels for the first 6+ weeks after birth

Someone19

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I startet to get diffuse thinning on my head I did have my bloodwork done at it showed high prolactin levels. I was also shedding on my whole body and not only on my head. By now my body hair has recovered but my hair on my head did not.
I sure hope this new treatment will turn out to be successful!

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When I startet to get diffuse thinning on my head I did have my bloodwork done at it showed high prolactin levels. I was also shedding on my whole body and not only on my head. By now my body hair has recovered but my hair on my head did not.
I sure hope this new treatment will turn out to be successful!
The good news is that us diffuse thinners are more likely to see a greater increase in hair growth.

Supposedly shipment of the custom SMI-6 will start at the end of this month. That's what I got from the rep.

I'm just not looking forward to belly injections.

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Supposedly shipment of the custom SMI-6 will start at the end of this month. That's what I got from the rep.
SMI-6 has already been shipped, some people might already receive it this week

I'm just not looking forward to belly injections.
SMI-6 will not be injected (at least not in the beginning), or are you talking about BAY?

Last edited:

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
SMI-6 has already been shipped, some people might already receive it this week

SMI-6 will not be injected (at least not in the beginning), or are you talking about BAY?
Hmm, I may have been mistaken on how to administer this then. But I'm talking about SMI-6. Mine hasn't arrived yet, but then again, I did order it later than most.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm, I may have been mistaken on how to administer this then. But I'm talking about SMI-6. Mine hasn't arrived yet, but then again, I did order it later than most.

SMI-6 is a topical dude - PRL antagonist. The Bayer PRL antibody I would imagine is borderline impossible to have created outside of its future official production.

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
SMI-6 is a topical dude - PRL antagonist. The Bayer PRL antibody I would imagine is borderline impossible to have created outside of its future official production.
How many Daltons does SMI have? If you are sticking to the original post of Follicle Guardian you guys are planing to use it in specific small áreas of the scalp so I'm guessing dermarrolling is out of question?

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How many Daltons does SMI have? If you are sticking to the original post of Follicle Guardian you guys are planing to use it in specific small áreas of the scalp so I'm guessing dermarrolling is out of question?
350 g/mol ish