batman vs superman

jksl

Established Member
Reaction score
By now, I'm sure most of you have seen this comic con trailer

https://youtu.be/0WWzgGyAH6Y

I watched the trailer with a few friends some days ago. I'm not making this up, but one of the girls (she's 29) said that superman looks a bit uglier than before. Paraphrasing, but she said that she couldn't quite put a finger on what it is.

It's the f*cking hair. Nothing else has changed except for the hair. His skin and weight looks the same as before. He's a strong NW2.5 now (sometimes it looks better, sometimes worse). I thought 2.5NW isn't bad enough for anyone to notice...

I'm NW3 and hat prisoner. Fml.

Chromio

Reaction score
Haha yeah I saw the trailer and noticed that too. Even with his hair loss though I think he makes a good superman. On a side note, not too sure how many people watch Hell on Wheels but I just got into the show on netflix and let me tell you Anson Mount has an unreal head of hair. I'd sell my soul for locks like that lol

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
one of the comments was "is henry cavill getting bald?" lol

and lol at the reply to it: "that's testosterone baby!"

looks crazy though . . . . it could be great or it could bomb. i don't see it being anything in the middle because of how many characters and set pieces there are

i'm a big fan of the animated comic films and shows though thats easier to do than live action

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
People aren't explicitly conscious of low levels of hair loss really, but subconsciously they do notice. They may not see it as baldness, but they can tell something doesn't quite look right... Up to around 2.5. Once it gets to 3 and beyond people start becoming consciously aware of baldness.

Think about Superman though, is that he was always supposed to be NW2/2.5. Look at the old comics and cartoons. Superman isn't supposed to have a perfect hairline. Odd for an immortal all powerful god.

- - - Updated - - -

well maybe just the 90s cartoon...

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Agree with the 2 guys above. Welcome back Vepr. Up to thick Norwood 2.5/3 it shouldn't have a negative impact on your life. I was a Norwood 1 up to 24 and since then 2.5 at 30. I haven't noticed a single change whether I show the recession/hide it. I'm sure some people notice of course but so what, it's dismissed in their minds overall due to not being minor.

Once Jude Law became a 3 and started thinning out a bit, requiring him him to buzz, people noticed. Also celebrities are way more scrutinised.

xetudor

Established Member
Reaction score
He makes a perfect Superman as I've always imagined Superman to be have some recession.

resu

Reaction score
Not even Superman can fight the evil that is male pattern baldness.

resu

Reaction score
Baldness took away any potential old man's appeal from him, not even he shaves it off.

jude-law.jpg

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
why doesnt he get a hair transplant, he has the money and it looks like great donor. Boggles me.

resu

Reaction score
He said that it didn't bothered him, he wants to be a tough guy.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Henry Cavill's career is going to be over if he continues balding.... John Travolta, anyone?

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
why doesnt he get a hair transplant, he has the money and it looks like great donor. Boggles me.

You can see how good he looks even as a thick Norwood 2-3 styled, then see the change afterwards when it advanced and thinned out. He could do nothing, buzz looked crap, grown out too. I personally think he doesn't get a hair transplant as he got sides on finasteride. But it's still confusing! He has a slow pattern, he is older, good donor, still fair amount of hair left, money - everything right for a hair transplant. Maybe he just don't give a ****.

Cavill still looks good and has many fans, but if he loses ground with further recession and thinning, he will be in trouble too.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Funny the difference between Jude Law and Calum Best (B-list celebrity here in the UK).

Jude seems to be someone who's accepting it, whereas Calum has now had 3 hair transplants in a fairly short period totalling £18,000:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...0-hair-transplant-says-won-t-rule-fourth.html

The funny thing is he actually looks decent with it shaved. I think I'd "just shave it bro" if I was him, with the strong jaw and stubble, but then I guess if you've got a bottomless pit of cash...

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes Calum looks good, seen it before. I don't really feel sorry for these guys either way including Jude Law. They have many options to maintain a fullish aesthetic head of hair and are blessed with less aggressive genes, probably only some areas are very DHT sensitive. In some ways it represents your average balding guy, I suppose I fall into that category and many others on here. Which is why I don't feel this is a nightmare or expect sympathy.

Only 16% of 80-90 year olds have advanced male pattern baldness, usually the final pattern is "forming" by your late 20s. These are the guys I feel bad for, or those that can't take meds/don't respond due to aggressive genes, poor donor hair, advanced loss e.t.c. It's out of their control completely and at an early age.

These celebrities have it on easy mode. Having seen the stories on here and on youtube, these guys are the real fighters.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I agree. Both of them are naturally very good looking as well and could pull off a shaved head.

I really feel for people who experience aggressive hairloss in their teens. I'm 25 and it feels like the end of the world, and its much worse than experiencing it in your 30s, when you're more than likely done with partying/festivals/travelling and are more settled, possibly in a long term relationship too. And your peers will be more likely to be balding too. But at least I made it through school/college/Uni. The stigma attached to it at that age, when literally everyone else is NW0....

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
funny thing Ben is actually wearing a piece

IA2015

Established Member
Reaction score
He styles it better in real life im sure. The style in the movie does him no justice and looks god awful though.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
funny thing Ben is actually wearing a piece

What? No way!

- - - Updated - - -

This was mentioned in another forum: The Rock would make a great Lex Luthor (with some voice coaching).
2edqr1i.jpg
An Nw2 God, beaten by a mere bald mortal man.