Balding DURING puberty and not after.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
P

Yeah, I'm sorry for asking too many questions. But I just wanted to have some perspectives to disprove the notion that male pattern baldness is a sign that puberty is over lol.
Actually, no.

Male pattern baldness should be listed as a disease, especially as inherited/genetical, because the x-chromose expresses a highly sensitive AR, through which the follicles "die" by an androgen induced cascade event.

It can happen everytime, it's a snowball process.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some fortunate ones have hairlines that mature during puberty and then stops after, but some continue to lose after, or actually suffer aggressive loss during puberty. It also depends on your starting point too. If you're a NW0 at 10 then you probably won't be bald in high school like the kid who is NW2 at 10.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
View attachment 157784

My current hairline

View attachment 157785

My vertex (fresh out from the shower, dried)

View attachment 157786

Throughout the day.
Has your hair density always been lower than average even when you were alot younger? You do have fine caliber hair and low density now which sometimes fools people into thinking they are diffusely thinning especially if you compare yourself to someone who has uber thick above average density like people with jet black hair who are latino or from the Middle East. I found an old photo of my hair when I was really young and was totally suprised that I had lower than average density (and fine caliber hair) all my life and never knew it.

HeatVision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think its because of record high test in your body that will never be matched again. My highest test point was at 18, and that was age I lost my hairline. After 2 years my hair is still the same. This just further proves that DHT IS NOT THE ONLY THING THAT MAKES AA HAPPEN in the first place.
Wait, 2 years after. When did you start using finasteride?

HeatVision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has your hair density always been lower than average even when you were alot younger? You do have fine caliber hair and low density now which sometimes fools people into thinking they are diffusely thinning especially if you compare yourself to someone who has uber thick above average density like people with jet black hair who are latino or from the Middle East. I found an old photo of my hair when I was really young and was totally suprised that I had lower than average density (and fine caliber hair) all my life and never knew it.
Hey, Doctor. Good to see you here. We are both thyroid disease sufferers. How are you dealing with yours and the hair loss that comes with it?
January 8th
You were stable at the time you started finasteride? What norwood were you when you began use of finasteride?

nicoandgello

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, Doctor. Good to see you here. We are both thyroid disease sufferers. How are you dealing with yours and the hair loss that comes with it?

You were stable at the time you started finasteride? What norwood were you when you began use of finasteride?
Yeah I was stable for 2 years after initial agressive lose. I'm NW1.5 on the left and 2.5 on the right.

nicoandgello

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, going back to the topic of puberty. Were you still growing during the time you lost some hair?
A little yeah, but I dont think growing in height has much to do with test when its in normal levels. Eunuchs grew taller than average men when they had very low test.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

Didn't want to derail the thread. Check your PM.

HeatVision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A little yeah, but I dont think growing in height has much to do with test when its in normal levels. Eunuchs grew taller than average men when they had very low test.
Oh yeah, but high E levels can stunt growth. Was just asking to eliminate correlations.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is a pity that testosterone has not been measured on the scalp, the levels would be very similar after 3 years and without a distinction between the sexes. It should be noted that the pilosebacea unit can make its own hormones from cholesterol. Let's see if a laboratory can check it.
ivai9wc866y31.png

It's still a slow process, anyways its very aggressive because it started at such an early age.
The multifactorial process of common alopecia is usually a slow process in the early stages, and it accelerates and becomes more irreversible over time.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had normal density as a kid. My crown and top is almost gone, density-wise, and I can feel it with my blank hands. In photos you can't see it very well, but in rl it looks really shitty and flat, and scalp is seen-through from everywhere. It's really annoying.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I had normal density as a kid. My crown and top is almost gone, density-wise, and I can feel it with my blank hands. In photos you can't see it very well, but in rl it looks really shitty and flat, and scalp is seen-through from everywhere. It's really annoying.
I agree. Photos are deceiving. My hair looks so much better in photos or if I was using FaceTime. In person, it looks similar to yours.