Balding DURING puberty and not after.

HeatVision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
While I myself am not a victim of this, I hear this is extremely common. Who here had experienced this? Were you early bloomers? Or did you develop in a normal timeframe that didn't coincide with worse hair loss? Tell your stories down below.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am balding since puberty begun. Got widow peaks / maturing hair line when I was 13.

I can't remember how my juvenile hairline looked like, but in photos it looked like it was fused to my eyebrows, lol.

And now I am balding on the top and crown, lost more than 50% density and will definitely be totally bald in 3-4 years.

I am 17 years old now. F this sh*t. Puberty made me look ugly, while others have got a goddamn blow-up. I-... I want to be 10 years old again. :(

HeatVision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am balding since puberty begun. Got widow peaks / maturing hair line when I was 13.

I can't remember how my juvenile hairline looked like, but in photos it looked like it was fused to my eyebrows, lol.

And now I am balding on the top and crown, lost more than 50% density and will definitely be totally bald in 3-4 years.

I am 17 years old now. F this sh*t. Puberty made me look ugly, while others have got a goddamn blow-up. I-... I want to be 10 years old again. :(
Were you an early bloomer? At this age do you think you're still growing?

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Were you an early bloomer? At this age do you think you're still growing?
No. I am not growing for 1+ year. And yes, I am an early bloomer. I was able to grow a full beard by the age of 15.

Pls kill me. f*** androgens.

Edit: should have been taking Dutasteride when I was 15/16 lol

HeatVision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No. I am not growing for 1+ year. And yes, I am an early bloomer. I was able to grow a full beard by the age of 15.

Pls kill me. f*** androgens.

Edit: should have been taking Dutasteride when I was 15/16 lol
So you started losing hair at 13 and stopped growing at 16. Very interesting parallels.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
20210225_081238.jpg

My current hairline

20210218_104607.jpg

My vertex (fresh out from the shower, dried)

20210224_101207.jpg

Throughout the day.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
20210225_081256.jpg

When you zoom in you can clearly see the miniaturized hairs I lost when puberty begun back then.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah. We're not talking about NW6 at 16 lmao. But we're talking more NW2ish guys in the middle of puberty. Mature hairlines is just mild male pattern baldness at NW1/2.
Hmm, can’t say I’ve heard of that being extremely common during puberty, I thought the whole mature hairline stuff was supposed to happen in your late teens-20s. For me I feel like my hair got thicker and better during puberty, but then it started rapidly deteriorating after it ended at 15-16.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
It would seem your hairline didn't move much but diffuse thinning took over. You're at around NW2 still hairline wise.
I just want to have normal hair like all the other teenies in my life. It sucks going to school or to public and seeing everyone with great hair, only me, a genetic defect, being ugly. XD

HeatVision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm, can’t say I’ve heard of that being extremely common during puberty, I thought the whole mature hairline stuff was supposed to happen in your late teens-20s. For me I feel like my hair got thicker and better during puberty, but then it started rapidly deteriorating after it ended at 15-16.
In Reddit there are so many stories. None of them are from tressless. A lot of them are from either r/bald or r/malehairadvice. I literally saw a guy who was NW3 at 16 and still grew in height until he was 19. He literally had weiner shaped hairline that he shaved off. Only to discover 11 years later that he was still a thick NW3.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
So you started growth at what age and stopped at 16? Was it just one massive spurt that coincided with severe hairline recession?
My hairline got receded before I even started heavily growing.

And I don’t grow anymore, I have 177/178cm's.

Planning to do a nuclear protocol to regrow my lost hair, and possibly, reversing shitty puberty lol

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
In Reddit there are so many stories. None of them are from tressless. A lot of them are from either r/bald or r/malehairadvice. I literally saw a guy who was NW3 at 16 and still grew in height until he was 19. He literally had weiner shaped hairline that he shaved off. Only to discover 11 years later that he was still a thick NW3.
Yeah everyone is different. Its a genetic trait. I will be in a few years a full blown NW7, yey.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
And people say you will go always go slick bald in a matter of years if you start balding young. Idk if that’s true really.

HeatVision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
P
Yeah everyone is different. Its a genetic trait. I will be in a few years a full blown NW7, yey.
Yeah, I'm sorry for asking too many questions. But I just wanted to have some perspectives to disprove the notion that male pattern baldness is a sign that puberty is over lol.

HeatVision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And people say you will go always go slick bald in a matter of years if you start balding young. Idk if that’s true really.
That's not really true, or objectively true at least. The likelihood of it happening is high, but usually you can look at other factors rather than age/level of puberty to see how bad a person will bald. For those who bald super fast at a young age, they usually have several if not all male members of their family bald to an NW4+. There was another guy in a pomade sub who I met who suddenly jumped from NW0 to 2 when he turned 17. He is now almost 26 with the same hair.