Baldcafe, The New Sly Bald Guys Forums.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't out of respect for their privacy but I have no reason to make this up. But I agree it's exceedingly rare. I went to a large public University for college and out of the thousands of young men on campus and in the city, I could only count on one hand the number of Norwood 5's and 6's in their early twenties. This is like 4 / 25,000+, so a staggering minority.
Those were only the ones who were confident enough to go to college while bald .

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just to put the whole thing in perspective. Do you guys think us on this hairloss fourm care more or less about our hair than the counterpart who's balding/shaved and not on this site? Clearly, a lot more. What about the active users from 2/3+ years ago who havent logged on since? Did they just commit suicide? Lol.

I was at a social event yesterday and I cant tell you the amount of bald people I saw with ur dome’s shaved just walking around with their wifes/girlfriends. What do you say to them? “Yo dude you’re bald and ugly and you need to just stop. Stop going to work, get an account on HairLossTalk.com and start regrowing your hair cuz its just not working out man”. Lmao, they will prob laugh their *** off at you.

When you broaden your perspective to outside of this forum and the select negative videos some retards post on here, you truely realize how many people just dont give a f*** and still live a very good life.

But hey man, its the worst thing every bro Id rather not have legs or arms. :rolleyes:

-G-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I decided to do some actual research, I think the online success rate is highly inflated for guys for those who are average with hair (of course why would we care).

I only bring this up, because, if you think the success rate is 80 and it drops to 10 then yes that is huge. But if you original success rate was already 20 and it dropped to 10...is it really that big?

https://www.swipehelper.com/2020/03...any-likes-do-equally-attractive-profiles-get/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Tinder/comments/7rxzra/data_analysis_1000_swipes_as_a_hot_guy_low_effort/

https://www.smh.com.au/opinion/why-...emale profile had,of the most desirable mates.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-a...ng-right-blindly-but-also-not-being-too-picky

https://www.google.ca/search?safe=o...Ewi3yvyjmOnrAhXKXc0KHW3BBD44ChDh1QMIDQ&uact=5

whatintheworld

Reaction score
I decided to do some actual research, I think the online success rate is highly inflated for guys for those who are average with hair (of course why would we care).

I only bring this up, because, if you think the success rate is 80 and it drops to 10 then yes that is huge. But if you original success rate was already 20 and it dropped to 10...is it really that big?

https://www.swipehelper.com/2020/03...any-likes-do-equally-attractive-profiles-get/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Tinder/comments/7rxzra/data_analysis_1000_swipes_as_a_hot_guy_low_effort/

https://www.smh.com.au/opinion/why-tinder-makes-us-act-in-genderstereotypical-ways-20170215-gud3we.html#:~:text=While the female profile had,of the most desirable mates.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-a...ng-right-blindly-but-also-not-being-too-picky

https://www.google.ca/search?safe=o...Ewi3yvyjmOnrAhXKXc0KHW3BBD44ChDh1QMIDQ&uact=5

I wasn't even really referencing Tinder, that app is flawed for many reasons.

And well sure you are right, if you weren't really getting a lot of interest with a full head of hair, you probably had some other issues you needed to fix, and losing your hair wouldn't really matter anyway.

You'll never really find an accurate study of someone trying this with a full head of hair, and slick bald. It would just be a messed up and demoralizing exercise. But nevertheless if you do find it, it would be interesting to see what happened.

If you really wanted to test it on yourself, use photoshop to give yourself a shaved head (with no hairline, that's the important part...) and see what results you get.

-G-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wasn't even really referencing Tinder, that app is flawed for many reasons.

And well sure you are right, if you weren't really getting a lot of interest with a full head of hair, you probably had some other issues you needed to fix, and losing your hair wouldn't really matter anyway.

You'll never really find an accurate study of someone trying this with a full head of hair, and slick bald. It would just be a messed up and demoralizing exercise. But nevertheless if you do find it, it would be interesting to see what happened.

If you really wanted to test it on yourself, use photoshop to give yourself a shaved head (with no hairline, that's the important part...) and see what results you get.

I have actually shaved my head before and was at a 2.5-3 Norwood didn't post pictures but I did have dates and some, oddly the younger two, didn't mind it or care for it. I personally thought it was bad *** (being Indian), it was definitely a villain look hahaha. They get the second hottest girls. hahaha.

If I am bored, I will try again (I do still have a few shaved head pictures).

whatintheworld

Reaction score
I have actually shaved my head before and was at a 2.5-3 Norwood didn't post pictures but I did have dates and some, oddly the younger two, didn't mind it or care for it. I personally thought it was bad *** (being Indian), it was definitely a villain look hahaha. They get the second hottest girls. hahaha.

If I am bored, I will try again (I do still have a few shaved head pictures).

Doesn't count, a shaved head Norwood 2 can look cool. When I was Norwood 2 and had thick hair I buzzed it all the way down and it looked badass.

Take away the hairline outline and leave only the horshoe outline lol

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just to put the whole thing in perspective. Do you guys think us on this hairloss fourm care more or less about our hair than the counterpart who's balding/shaved and not on this site? Clearly, a lot more. What about the active users from 2/3+ years ago who havent logged on since? Did they just commit suicide? Lol.

I was at a social event yesterday and I cant tell you the amount of bald people I saw with ur dome’s shaved just walking around with their wifes/girlfriends. What do you say to them? “Yo dude you’re bald and ugly and you need to just stop. Stop going to work, get an account on HairLossTalk.com and start regrowing your hair cuz its just not working out man”. Lmao, they will prob laugh their *** off at you.

When you broaden your perspective to outside of this forum and the select negative videos some retards post on here, you truely realize how many people just dont give a f*** and still live a very good life.

But hey man, its the worst thing every bro Id rather not have legs or arms. :rolleyes:
One of the guys I described is like that he is very normie. Posted a picture of his horseshoe grown out and then a picture of him shaved just as a joke

but he still was handicapped by his hair loss when it came to finding a girlfriend. His girlfriend is old looking and I would definitely not be satisfied with her. But he is also 5'6 and skinny so, not sure how much is just from being scrawny and how much is from being bald. I don't know though I've seen some full head scrawny guys that got attractive girls

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
This conversation is pretty abstract, as I don't believe anyone here is willing to run an experiment of shaving their head and quantifying the responses from women versus having a full head of hair (if you currently don't have one, let's say you were to wear an undetectable, perfect hair piece for the sake of the experiment).

Let's say, with your perfect Norwood 1 hair piece and the best haircut you could get, your hypothetical positive response ratio with 100 women was 80/100.

These are my opinions as to what varying degrees of baldness would do to your outcome, if you kept all other factors about yourself the same, and if we assume your age is 18-28, talking to women in the same age bracket.

Perfectly dense hair with some hairline recession -> either stay the same or maybe slightly drop down to 75/100. Most people are not Norwood spotters and some hairline recession, in general, doesn't matter at all. Many hairstyles are still possible and you are still in the binary categorization of "guy with hair". Some hairline recession even looks good on men, better than a perfectly straight Norwood 1 in some situations.

Normal hairline and midscalp density but badly balding crown -> 65-70ish/100. Most of our interactions are face to face, and I don't think that it would be that big of a deal. You can run some combover tricks with concealer to compensate for this, but I do think that it's enough of an anomaly that some women will be turned off by it, but not that many. This is assuming the diameter of the bald spot isn't that big too.

Full on bald, so Norwood 6 range, and a shaved head with horsehoe outline -> 20/100 if not lower. This to me would be the biggest blow and I have only a handful of personal anecdotes I can think of who were unfortunate to go fully bald in their early twenties. One guy was a model looking guy who stopped posting any pictures of himself on social media, the other became a hat prisoner but was otherwise a really good looking guy as well.

So again, these are my opinions, which sort of confirm that for most guys on this site due to their low Norwood status, hair loss really isn't that big of an impediment as they claim. It's more so an excuse and convenient crutch to use for other problems they have.
What do you think the ratio would be for guys whom are badly receding and thinning, but still far from slick bald? Something similar to Jack Nicholson in "The Shining" (assuming a better haircut):
jack2.jpg
jack1.jpg

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you think the ratio would be for guys whom are badly receding and thinning, but still far from slick bald? Something similar to Jack Nicholson in "The Shining" (assuming a better haircut):
View attachment 149817View attachment 149818
Depends on the guy's age, face and pics

If he's in his late 30's, good face like Jack Nicholson and good pics (smiling, nice backgrounds, not making creepy/annoying facial expressions like in those pics).. he'd probably do fine tbh

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
We get it, trust me. Some of us just realize there’s very little that can be done past minoxidil and finasteride.

Just because you’d hate being bald doesnt mean you can’t live a happy life being bald.

Finasteride and minoxidil are definitely the most imortant meds to get on, but there are other avenues to explore if they either fail completely or don't give significant results, and if you really care about your hair, you are going to explore them. Im thinking of people like pegasus, bridgeburn etc

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride and minoxidil are definitely the most imortant meds to get on, but there are other avenues to explore if they either fail completely or don't give significant results, and if you really care about your hair, you are going to explore them. Im thinking of people like pegasus, bridgeburn etc
Are those the users who transitioned to female? I HEAVILY doubt it was all about hair lol.

I find hair REALLY important, so I'm about to get my 3rd transplant. And I'll probably get the 4th in 3-4 years.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re right. However, unlike Finasteride or Minoxidil, those avenues are not sustainable. Bridgeburn used feminizing compounds (many of us will not consider this). Pegasus has said his costs were somewhere around $1000/month at peak times and he too has dropped certain meds due to them not being sustainable.

Like I said... “past minoxidil and finasteride there’s very little that can be done”.

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
We get it, trust me. Some of us just realize there’s very little that can be done past minoxidil and finasteride.

Just because you’d hate being bald doesnt mean you can’t live a happy life being bald.
Yeah that's not my point. I get that some woman like bald guys. You can still get ladies bald. Yeah. But I'd say for the majority it isn't only about women. It's something fromt he inside. It's deeper than that.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah that's not my point. I get that some woman like bald guys. You can still get ladies bald. Yeah. But I'd say for the majority it isn't only about women. It's something fromt he inside. It's deeper than that.
Yea I’d agree. It definitely is to someone who hasn't lost like all yet like you and I. However, if you’ve been bald for 10+ years u think you’re going care anymore, doubt it.