bald= ugly? depends on your overall facial and skull strectrue.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Get real. Do you really think men go to the gym 'for themselves'? Don't be so naive.

Gyms became popular for men when pressure was placed on them to look good. Before TV and a media obsessed with youth and beauty indoctrinated our youth hardly any men went to the gym.

Thanks for reinforcing my point anyway. Our culture has a lookist ideology. IF you don't look good then your life is going to be hell . Especially for a young guy.

I didnt prove your point at all lol if you think every man is vain then i feel sorry for you.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
I think Beckham is balding but he has shaved his head in the past and has a good head shape lol so he has nowt to worry about. plus it never did bruce willis any harm with the ladies
wink.png

he had to put up with Demi Moore :puke: all those years. He could have done much better if he had hair

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just shaved my head as well. It got to the point that I was having to use too much nanogen. Besides nanogen doesn't give you volume, so the best you can hope for is flat hair that shows no scalp, depending on how much you lost.

I use a 0.5 guard and yes you can tell that I'm balding and yes I was depressed as hell but I'm starting to get over it slowly.

Luckily I do have prominent cheekbones and jaw line plus I'm dark skinned. I also have an NW1 hairline but lot's of thinning on top.

If anything I think I look younger. Thin, wispy hair can age both men and women.

broadcaster

Reaction score
This is garbage meant for Fantasy Island. I work with a bald guy who is tanned and works out. I wonder why he wastes the time because he looks horrible due to his baldness. Girls don't pay him any attention, but they do to skinny or fatter guys with no tan and a full head of hair.

Man, you are so emmersed in negativity and self centeredness regarding your balding that you harshly judge your balding brothers like that.

You have no idea how many balding friends I have in their EARLY twenties who have literally smoking hott girlfriends. My friend Alex has a 10/10 blonde and he has a receding hairline.

Hell im not the most attractive dude by ANY means but I dont do too bad either!

It's all about confidence. Dress nice. Have a killer smile. Charm, wit, good sense of humor. OUTSHINE the other men. It's possible

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
obese, bald, short - important, but ultimately the biggest dealbreaker with women is........ $$$$$$$$$$

broadcaster

Reaction score
WELL since my sister and her friends are over at my brothers place I decided to conduct a little small experiment

I just asked my sister and her friends (all 21 years old, i mean, theyre pretty hott by my standards...not my sister of course thats weird haha)

I asked them if they would prefer a guy they thought was hott to become fat or bald, and they ALL said that "bald is hott if youre already handsome. Fat is just fat and not attractive"

Honestly when will you guys get it in your heads! It's not the death sentence like you think it is. BUT if youre going bald, do NOT let yourself go in ANY other way. You need the assets

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
let's remember that bald is very different to 'shaved head'.

I suspect the girls were referring to guys with a full head of hair who then shave it right down. That's often considered 'sexy' and 'rugged' among some women who are attracted to the masculine look. But a Norwood 7 who shaves his hair right down is almost always seen as ugly and old even if he was 'already handsome' before male pattern baldness

Jockson

Established Member
Reaction score
^ This is true. Hairline makes all the difference even if it's just a slight shadow. You don't even need pronounced masculine facial features to pull off the shaved NW1 look. It is also why so many women say they don't mind a bald head without even lying about it. They just don't know the actual difference and think of shaved down NW1s as "bald".

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
You guys can ponder all you want but from my experience hair or the lack of it plays a very small part of the equation in all aspects of your life. The most important thing is "what comes out of your mouth" and how successful you become in life. If you are conceited,narcissistic, boring, selfish, negative and have hit all genetic lotteries, you still are not going to attract a big crowd. You will tend to attract people just like yourself and that can get "ugly". From my experience, height seems play a much larger role for people in life than hair. Weight does too. Hair and hair color( ie gray hair) helps give an idea about someone's age more than anything. We associate losing hair with getting older i.e. age.

The bottom line is stop concentrating on what women want in YOU but what you want in WOMEN. Although I did have low self esteem, ironically I did most of the rejecting all my life. I never had a problem attracting women, it was I had a problem attracting women with emotional stability and the ability to engage in intelligent conversations that are deep and nonjudgemental. And if they were overweight or chunky and not petite, they got rejected no matter what. I think weight is something that can be controlled. Losing hair is very hard to control.

For you young guys who think you need hair to form a relationship with a women, you are wrong. Oh, and if you want sex, go to the bars and wait until a hot girl has a few drinks in her and then go for it. If you she wants a one night stand and you are charming, funny and confident, you will get your one night stand as long as she has enough alcohol in her to alter all her normal limiting beliefs that you think she has( i.e. she will only be with an alpha male). Now getting back to relationships, if you think they are picnic in the park or a fairy tale happily ever after, you are living in a fantasy world. If relationships were so wonderful, divorce would be non existent. The only relationships that will work are those with great communication,trust, honesty, the ability to engage in intelligent and deep nonjudgmental conversations and never lack creativity in the "bedroom". If you can find all those things and think hair is your key to find it, than you are delusional. Does hair=a happy relationship? You be the judge.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
You have to know the loss to recognize the difference between the two realities. While not absolute, the discrepancies can be felt... when the confidence, wit, charm and intelligence you champion aren't enough to crack the hard shell of their conditioned sensibilities and their heads quickly turn the other way before anything can even be said.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I would not want to be with someone who has conditioned sensibilities so my head would quickly turn the other way too. I think I get what your saying UCM but sometimes your "bitterness" slightly conditions you. I am attracted to women who are unconventional so with that said, they most likely would listen to you.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
The most important thing is "what comes out of your mouth" and how successful you become in life.
....From my experience, height seems play a much larger role for people in life than hair.

I agree. Part of the reason I hate myself (girly voice, medium height).

I have been cultivating a badass look. I have partly succeeded, one my friends spoke to a another guy he we were meeting, who had never seen me before. Dude said I looked tough ... until he heard my voice.

Anyone remember the scene from Grown ups where the ladies are drooling over a guy at the park, and then he starts speaking in a girly voice?

Last week I had a dream in which the upshot was that I looked better as a girl.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I would not want to be with someone who has conditioned sensibilities so my head would quickly turn the other way too. I think I get what your saying UCM but sometimes your "bitterness" slightly conditions you. I am attracted to women who are unconventional so with that said, they most likely would listen to you.

But you have conditioned sensibilities too... can't bring yourself to date an overweight girl? We are all conditioned. To not be conditioned means to not be influenced by any outside stimulus and unless your a monk in exile or in a coma, that ain't happening house. I've been conditioned to be bitter from years of enduring prejudice and abuse from a baldist society.

I know you like to give advice here and people respect you as some kind of guru but there is no advice you can give me or anyone else here who is actually bald because you haven't walked a mile in our shoes. I can appreciate your sympathy but I cannot take your advice. Considering how insecure you are over your hair already, I can only imagine how much harder hit you would be if you were in our nw5boat. You don't like the way you look now? If you were "made ugly" by male pattern baldness the way I or Seb or Dudemon have then chances are you would loose all previous composure and perspective and if not, just wait until you step outside and see for yourself how the world treats bald guys. It will open your eyes and challenge your faith in the "inherent goodness of people".

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
But you have conditioned sensibilities too... can't bring yourself to date an overweight girl? We are all conditioned. To not be conditioned means to not be influenced by any outside stimulus and unless your a monk in exile or in a coma, that ain't happening house. I've been conditioned to be bitter from years of enduring prejudice and abuse from a baldist society.

I know you like to give advice here and people respect you as some kind of guru but there is no advice you can give me or anyone else here who is actually bald because you haven't walked a mile in our shoes. I can appreciate your sympathy but I cannot take your advice. Considering how insecure you are over your hair already, I can only imagine how much harder hit you would be if you were in our nw5boat. You don't like the way you look now? If you were "made ugly" by male pattern baldness the way I or Seb or Dudemon have then chances are you would loose all previous composure and perspective and if not, just wait until you step outside and see for yourself how the world treats bald guys. It will open your eyes and challenge your faith in the "inherent goodness of people".
UCM, you are correct. I could not deal with it so I would do something about it. I would find all possible options even if it meant a hair piece. Seeing what Rahal has done for so many high NWs would give me lots of hope. If there were no possible options I would have no choice but to accept it. My dad has been bald all his life (started at 16) and he would refute you totally. My dad is very open with our family. He was well respected all his life with no ridicule about his baldness. He still has never experienced any such things as you have. I asked him many times about his baldness. My dad is so outgoing and friendly that everyone enjoys being around him. Obviously, he projected something you never did. And I have never my whole life witness an episode like you have with any guy bald. The only ridicule I have seen in my life was based on acne, weight(too skinny or too fat) and height(shortness). I don't need to be bald to see our world is full of hate, jealousy, and negativity.
As far as attraction, my attraction is not based on conditioned sensibilities. I am very good friends with obese women. I have no problem going out with them and if they were motivated to get more fit, I would welcome that. Obesity is something that stems from a mental disorder and sometimes a metabolic disorder but rarely. Baldness is not a mental disorder. I am sure we have certain "conditions" on the type of person we are attracted to but its not going to stop me from talking to someone or getting to know them better. In your above statement, you are implying baldness is a deal killer even to strike up a conversation. I totally disagree on that one. That was my point.

As far as a guru, I am far from that and never want to be even considered one. My advice is just "open advice" for anyone who cares. I welcome anyone to ignore it if they feel it seems unsound. I just try to help people stay positive here. Obviously, that is something you would never consider and I accept that. If baldness was so bad, your wife would have never chosen to reunite with you and your child would despise you because you are bald. You just had some bad experiences in life so you carry it with you and won't let it go. People can be cruel but when they mock you its because they feel you have power over them. I don't walk up to teens and say "hi zit face". Or walk up to fat people and say "hi fatty". I have enough self respect to know that is wrong. I still find it hard to believe total strangers mocked you for being bald but I am sure it happened if you said it. However, I think you may have given them "a look" to provoke it. I can't see stranger calling you a baldy if you smiled to him and say hi how are you doing? or Even just a smile and a nod.

Another

Reaction score
Because balding and bald are two different things. They mean bald, not balding. A guy with a shaved/buzzed NW1 is fine. But a balding guy with a shaved/buzzed horseshoe is not.

seb

Reaction score
So, What one has to do to avoid ridicule/insults is too force smile and ask them how their days been, or say the same boring, generic thing everyones says, "bit hot isnt it!". In other words, bow down to social protocol, or forever be a walking laughing stock.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
^I've tried that too. Kill them with kindness method. The result is they fake polite to your face holding back their laughter until you are a safe five feet away from them until lols at your expense ensues. There is nothing you can do or say to deflect the hate other than cover up the source of the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

... And House, say what you will about overweight women but if this were the Rubenesque period, you would be hot for porkers.

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
@UCFman, if you say people are laughing you, it may be a problem with your confidence, not the fact that you're bald.
Of course, being bald affects your confidence.

seb

Reaction score
@UCFman, if you say people are laughing you, it may be a problem with your confidence, not the fact that you're bald.
Of course, being bald affects your confidence.

If I walked around with confidence ie with my shoulders back, head up, chest out, I would be percieved as arrogant. "oh look at him, with his big bald head and goatee, he thinks hes so big!"

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is the problem! You shouldn't give a **** on how those stupid people consider or perceive you.
If a person consider you don't value anything only because you have a bald head, he is retarded!
And a retard is just a retard, no matter how much hair he has!!

Don't consider how others see you or what others think about you that important!!
Yes, being bald and having confidence is great, you send them the message "look, you stupid retards, i have a big bald head and i don;t care".
And why the f*** should you care on what a completely stranger loser think about you????
You must do all the efforts to change this.
why be a bald man with no confidence?? How does this exactly help you?? Isn't it better if you are bald and with confidence??

Yes, you can be BIG even if you have a NW7 bald head! There are presidents, prime-ministers, scientists, university teachers with NW7 bald heads!!!

Of course, i don't know where you work, but, if walking around with a bald head bothers you that most, why not simply geting a nice and comfortable CAP and put it on! How simple is that!!!!!