Bald father - son having full head of hair

M

macimate

Can anybody show me some famous people or just people in general who has a full head of hair even though the father is bald?
or the other way around, father with full head of hair, with a bald son?
talking bald i mean NW4+

I dont think that its very common..

but for example Orlando Bloom..

Attachments

• orl.jpg
    orl.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 5,026

hhj1247

Established Member
Reaction score
His hair might have actually grown that fast. I highly doubt he wears a system, but it could be the case. I like to think every good looking male on tv might be wearing a wig. We really don't know in all actuality; so many of them do it and wear super expensive systems that it would be impossible for us to really know everyone who is wearing a piece and not wearing one. We can only speculate.

But I think in this case Bloom is just a super-being with hair that grows very fast, full, and beautiful. Maybe that DHT will kick in later on in his life :)

s.a.f

Reaction score
In 25 yrs time Orlando could have the same hair as his father, perhaps his father had good hair at 30. Or maybe he follows his mothers side for hair genetics.
Ps How can you be completly sure of the accuracy of the dates of those photos? Aug 23rd could just be the date it was submitted to IMDB.[attachment=0:3djq7yma]0_61_jagger_father.jpg[/attachment:3djq7yma]

Here's a better example. :shock:

Attachments

• 0_61_jagger_father.jpg
    0_61_jagger_father.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 8,931

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
So far, I am an example. My father was pretty much completely bald in his 20's, and I still have pretty much a full head of hair as well as my older brother. We are both older than Orlando Bloom.

Obsidian

Reaction score
My Grandpa was bald by his late 20's and his son (my uncle) didn't start losing in till his 40's.

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
My dad's 61 and has a better head of hair than I do, and I'm 20. :sobbing:

Apparently I follow my mother's side of genes consisting of guys who lose most of their hair in their 20's.

Currently seeing what min and finasteride will do for me. If I get worse...it's hair replacement time.

And I mean Jesus...so what if the old fart is bald but your still young self isn't? At least it makes sense, and at least they can be comfortable with it. Just about no young man will be comfortable with being worse than his dad when his dad is three times his age.

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score
every single one of my immediate friends have horeshoe bald fathers. I am still to this day the only one who is dealing with any type of hair loss out of all us and my dad has his hair.

Hair loss skips generations i think moreso than doesnt

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
I think hair loss shouldn't f*cking exist as a "naturally occurring" process.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
My Father is 64 with a full head of head (although he dyes it). My Grandfather on my Mother's side is 94 with a full NW0 head of grey hair and yet all my younger brothers are NW3's or worse.

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Ps How can you be completly sure of the accuracy of the dates of those photos? Aug 23rd could just be the date it was submitted to IMDB

Because they are pics from the event labeled 'Trump And Nakheel Introduce Trump Tower Dubai', which took place on the 23rd of August, so yeah. The dates on IMDB for a photo aren't for submission date, they are date of the photo, and if you don't know it you are meant to leave it blank.

You've gotta wonder with cases like yours PropeciaJunkie whether maybe hairloss does have more to do with then just genes. I'm not usually one to conspire theories etc, I am a pretty firm believer it is all down to genes, but with your heritage showing no signs of it, yet your current day family all showing evidence of hairloss maybe modern diet and things can effect it?
Just seems so weird to me that your father/grandfather would show no signs, but all this generation of your family do...

ali777

Reaction score
My dad has really nice hair for his age too...

My forehead and hair looks like my uncle's hair, so I can see where the genes are coming from. Apparently, I look like my grandfather :dunno:

icdalite

Established Member
Reaction score
Here's another example.

Hrithik roshan is an Indian Celebrity (bollywood). His father Rakesh roshan is slick bald. Son is showing no signs of balding, infact, he is growing it longer in some movies. I though up some more examples in the past but can't remember now.

[attachment=1:391vk47j]10look.jpg[/attachment:391vk47j]

[attachment=0:391vk47j]Hrithik_Roshan.jpg[/attachment:391vk47j]

Attachments

• 10look.jpg
    10look.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,636
  • Hrithik_Roshan.jpg
    Hrithik_Roshan.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 2,494

s.a.f

Reaction score
2 words - Genetic lottery.

Obsidian

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, there was a picture of Ewan McGregor with his Dad and his Dad was a NW5/6 and he is still a NW2-2.5 in his late 30's.

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
The people who posted examples do not happen to be implying baldness is inherited only and/or mainly from the mother are they? :dunno: Just checking.

s.a.f

Reaction score
No I dont think so.
Also I've seen many cases of balding guys with older brothers who have no hairloss.