Bald father - son having full head of hair

amrod

Established Member
Reaction score
my dad is in his mid 50's and has a NW2 and my hair has been going down the shitter since age 15. hilarious.

pacinom

Reaction score
macimate said:
Can anybody show me some famous people or just people in general who has a full head of hair even though the father is bald?
or the other way around, father with full head of hair, with a bald son?
talking bald i mean NW4+

I dont think that its very common..

but for example Orlando Bloom..

FOR THE RECORD....

That is NOT Orlando Blooms genetic Father. His Mom slept with someone else to produce Orlando. Read up wikipedia or google search on his biography.
This puts things in perspective.

I agree on Hrithik Roshan. He is lucky. Apparently his maternal granddad has all this hair even now.

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
^lmao. Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised since male pattern is supposedly, mostly an x-gene trait anyway...f*ckers.

elvis123

Established Member
Reaction score
pacinom said:
macimate said:
Can anybody show me some famous people or just people in general who has a full head of hair even though the father is bald?
talking bald i mean NW4+

FOR THE RECORD....

That is NOT Orlando Blooms genetic Father. His Mom slept with someone else to produce Orlando. Read up wikipedia or google search on his biography.

I agree on Hrithik Roshan. He is lucky. Apparently his maternal granddad has all this hair even now.

How can you read something and still get it wrong???

"During his childhood, Bloom was told that his father was his mother's husband, South African-born Jewish anti-Apartheid novelist Harry Saul Bloom; but when he was thirteen (nine years after Harry's death), Bloom's mother revealed to him that his biological father was actually Colin Stone, his mother's partner and family friend.[7] Stone, the principal of the Concorde International language school,[8] was made Orlando Bloom's legal guardian after Harry Bloom's death."

His real father is still alive, I don't know if it is him in the picture but his fake father died when he was a little kid.

icdalite

Established Member
Reaction score
Here's another bollywood star. Fardeen khan and his father Feroze Khan

[attachment=2:3upya221]feroze.jpg[/attachment:3upya221] [attachment=1:3upya221]fardeen06.jpg[/attachment:3upya221]

Below Fardeen and his actor buddy Salman (who has had some work done on his hair, not in this pic )

[attachment=0:3upya221]fardeen khan.jpg[/attachment:3upya221]

Attachments

• feroze.jpg
    feroze.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 1,923
  • fardeen06.jpg
    fardeen06.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 363
  • fardeen khan.jpg
    fardeen khan.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 651

Flavio

Established Member
Reaction score
I could show you pictures of my brother (33 y.o.). He has a full head of hair, whereas our father (sixty something) is bald.

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
All this may go to show that baldness is indeed mostly an x-gene trait.

I'd like to look at the males on the mom side of all the guys with hair in this topic.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
icdalite said:
Here's another bollywood star. Fardeen khan and his father Feroze Khan

[attachment=2:2osimdmy]feroze.jpg[/attachment:2osimdmy] [attachment=1:2osimdmy]fardeen06.jpg[/attachment:2osimdmy]

Below Fardeen and his actor buddy Salman (who has had some work done on his hair, not in this pic )

[attachment=0:2osimdmy]fardeen khan.jpg[/attachment:2osimdmy]

Kind of looks like Sly Stallone...
Whats up with his eyes?

pacinom

Reaction score
elvis123 said:
pacinom said:
macimate said:
talking bald i mean NW4+

FOR THE RECORD....

How can you read something and still get it wrong???

"During his childhood, Bloom was told that his father was his mother's husband, South African-born Jewish anti-Apartheid novelist Harry Saul Bloom; but when he was thirteen (nine years after Harry's death), Bloom's mother revealed to him that his biological father was actually Colin Stone, his mother's partner and family friend.[7] Stone, the principal of the Concorde International language school,[8] was made Orlando Bloom's legal guardian after Harry Bloom's death."

His real father is still alive, I don't know if it is him in the picture but his fake father died when he was a little kid.

OK. My point was the man standing next to him is NOT his biological father.

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
pacinom said:
OK. My point was the man standing next to him is NOT his biological father.

And again you would be wrong.

That is Colin Stone standing next to him in the picture, more importantly known as Orlando's biological father.

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
I was about to post something here but some would probably have found it annoying. I'll try to stop being emo about my thinning hair.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in my late teens and my dad has had this slightly receded corners look since his twenties at the latest, but otherwise a full thick head of black hair. He is now 47 and it hasn't changed. At 19, I have a similarly shaped hairline, although not quite as receded, BUT have naturally higher forehead. In spite of my dad's hair, I just have a real hard time believing I'm not going to lose a large amount of hair.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Both my maternal granddad and my father have receded hairlines and a lot of thinning. My dad has no bald spot but has thinned across the top all the way to the vertex, he has very little left. My granddad is a super diffuse NW6, even his "bald spot" still has some whispy hairs left on it.

My uncle on my dad's side is nearing 60 and has only thinned a little in the hairline area. He still has virtually all of his hair. He had two sons (my cousins). The oldest one is 31 and is a perfect NW1. The younger one is 28 and he has thinning just like my dad's--diffuse across the top, no real "bald spot". Basically a NW4-a.

kejan

Established Member
Reaction score
My father has thickish hair, he's Norwood 5 but the hair grown out is reasonably thick.
My brother is a NW0 with nice hair too.
I'm 3 years younger than him at 28 with diffuse, NW3.

I think it's genetics and luck.

Ewen McGregor, I wonder if he just has a mature hairline or if he had some work and top some pills. He had a NW2 in Trainspotting which was 16 years ago.

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I hear David Beckams fathers hair is very thin and his hair seems to look good. Also I hear Tom Brady's father is bald (could be wrong...never saw pics of either one's father) and Tom has nice thick hair. Good for them:)

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Me and my brother are both a good 20 years ahead of our father with our hairloss, f*****g sucks.

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/scie ... ather.html

Scientists have debunked the myth that one in 10 children are illegimate without their legal father's knowledge, saying the real figure is closer to one in 25.

Statistically that would seem less than the official reported side effects of propecia, yet when anybody comes on here and can't work out why there's no hair loss in there family it all goes quiet :whistle:

the_dude

Reaction score
Well, my father is completely bald, as are all the men on his side of the family. On my mother's side both her father of 75 and her brother of 40 have full heads of hair. Me and my brother still have nice hair (although i'm a little paranoid about my right temple), but we're only 20-22 years old. Would be very interesting to see how our hair will do in a few years time. If we keep our hair there has to be some truth about baldness being X-linked.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Maybe this vid can help explain how genes are inherited:

[youtube:23vns7i4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q_EB-hemUo[/youtube:23vns7i4]

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone watches Pawn Stars?
The old dude doesn't even have a mature hairline, his son is pretty bald and his grandson appears to be doing fine in the hair department

A little thing for the ones who don't want to have kids because of their baldness to think about for a while

I would laugh my *** out if its proven that Albert of Monaco only grew bald because of Grace Kelly