Bald By 19 Deepest Sadness I Ever Had

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
With your level of hair loss at your age I think you should forget about treatments, especially seeing as finasteride gave you severe side-effects. You should either go sly or look into getting a hair system. You have very good facial aesthetics and I think you'd be able to pull off the shaved look quite well.

Last edited:

ElTioLaBota

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@flyermen Hey dude, im sorry to hear about your story.. i thought i had it bad at 20 with NW2 - NW2.5.. You CAN get your hair back, but it might cause side effects.. get on 0.5mg dutasteride and 10mg oral minoxidil ( loniten ) that should cause some crazy regrowth for you, friend. By the way, you look good with a buzz cut! You have a good head shape and great face ( no homo )
You can have hair if you really want it. Good luck!
Bro not everyone is as acrazy as you and decides to take high pressure blood drugs at the age of 19 xd. Well i might be wrong cause here there is ppl tjat take female hormomes and castrating drugs so...

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro not everyone is as acrazy as you and decides to take high pressure blood drugs at the age of 19 xd. Well i might be wrong cause here there is ppl tjat take female hormomes and castrating drugs so...

Especially when he had sides on finasteride, going on dutasteride would be even worse

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Especially when he had sides on finasteride, going on dutasteride would be even worse
Sorey i didnt realise he got side effects. SMP, hair systems or sly are his only options then.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral minoxidil is risky stuff indeed. I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to try it. It works by lowering blood pressure, not raising it. I think it is just the mtf transsexuals on these forums who take the female hormones and castrating stuff.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral minoxidil is risky stuff indeed. I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to try it. It works by lowering blood pressure, not raising it. I think it is just the mtf transsexuals on these forums who take the female hormones and castrating stuff.
Pretty much, but there are exceptions like @folfoxorack, @IdealForehead and @bridgeburn. True norwood heroes.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
What treatments do these three guys use?
Cyproterone, Bicalutamide and Enzalutamide to name a few.. ive been on Spironolactone myself, great for skin but the ED was crippling and the shed horrendous. Hardcore anti androgens aren't a big deal in my opinion, at least they wont kill you like an aspirin might.

Last edited:

Roses

Established Member
Reaction score
gutted for ya dude... that is super aggressive though! if you grow it out and use fibers do you not reckon you could hold out?

hows your diet/ fitness level i know it generally makes no difference but can affect severity - ive been slowly losing it for about 10 years
Your regimen, is it working? I'm on finasteride and minoxidil. 10 years in you must have experience?

biddybomb

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you have good facial aesthetics and extremely good eyes no homo. It sucks you went bald early but I don't think you will have trouble attracting girls if you hit the gym and run masculine bald guy with pretty eyes game.

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cyproterone, Bicalutamide and Enzalutamide to name a few.. ive been on Spironolactone myself, great for skin but the ED was crippling and the shed horrendous. Hardcore anti androgens aren't a big deal in my opinion, at least they wont kill you like an aspirin might.

Man it is just bullshit that some of us have to go on these crazy super duper antiandrogens just to maybe hold onto some of our bum fluff while other guys with great genes can use steroids and still have thick Chad hair. I hope that one day soon they will have Crispr gene editing or at least something to turn off the androgen receptors in the scalp or at the very f*****g least figure out how to clone the androgen resistant horseshoe hairs so we don't have to go through all this BS of taking a cocktail of anti-androgens and a bunch of topical solutions. f*** Male Pattern Baldness.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man it is just bullshit that some of us have to go on these crazy super duper antiandrogens just to maybe hold onto some of our bum fluff while other guys with great genes can use steroids and still have thick Chad hair. I hope that one day soon they will have Crispr gene editing or at least something to turn off the androgen receptors in the scalp or at the very f*****g least figure out how to clone the androgen resistant horseshoe hairs so we don't have to go through all this BS of taking a cocktail of anti-androgens and a bunch of topical solutions. f*** Male Pattern Baldness.
Preach it, brother. I have a friend who has been using roids for 2 or 3 years and has a thick, wavy NW1! It is incredibly unfair.. i think we will have hair cloning by 2030 maybe 2040. That will be the only 'cure'.

shookwun

Reaction score
your one of the few who can make it,

focus on you own personal development. i reckon once you get into a relationship as a baldy, that will help soothe any doubt.

its important that you be persistent and dont become withdrawn.

I was at a party last night and there was 2 slick twenty somethings, and both had girlfriends. Made me realise that, i'ts a battle but its not lost. these guys were about a 4-5 and you are a 7 in your given state.

Quickstrike

Established Member
Reaction score
flyermen, are there any other men in your family that are bald?

How was your dads / uncles / grandfathers hair when they were your age?

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@flyermen Hey dude, im sorry to hear about your story.. i thought i had it bad at 20 with NW2 - NW2.5.. You CAN get your hair back, but it might cause side effects.. get on 0.5mg dutasteride and 10mg oral minoxidil ( loniten ) that should cause some crazy regrowth for you, friend. By the way, you look good with a buzz cut! You have a good head shape and great face ( no homo )
You can have hair if you really want it. Good luck!
Brush I saw the picture of your hair, it's nowhere near as bad as you make it out to be, the real aggressive cases are cases like his and mine

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Brush I saw the picture of your hair, it's nowhere near as bad as you make it out to be, the real aggressive cases are cases like his and mine
Its just as bad as i said it is, the pics you saw did not justify the depth of my recession due to poor camera quality. Even still, im on oral minoxidil which has improved my hair since i started and during this treatment is when i took the pics.. Ive never seen your hair but flyermen does have it alot worse than me and i only want to help, he is a good looking guy and i feel for him. I will try to upload better pics tomorrow.

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its just as bad as i said it is, the pics you saw did not justify the depth of my recession due to poor camera quality. Even still, im on oral minoxidil which has improved my hair since i started and during this treatment is when i took the pics.. Ive never seen your hair but flyermen does have it alot worse than me and i only want to help, he is a good looking guy and i feel for him. I will try to upload better pics tomorrow.
Yeah sorry if I sounded rude in that post, I've just been having a rough f*****g day cuz all my friends got a nice haircut on the same day while I'm here with wispy thin nw3, FML

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah sorry if I sounded rude in that post, I've just been having a rough f*****g day cuz all my friends got a nice haircut on the same day while I'm here with wispy thin nw3, FML

This sh*t can drive me pretty crazy aswell, you can see on this forum how baldness can really affect people, it's not good

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear man, i hate seeing my friends with good cuts too, notably when they slag you for going bald. hair loss is tough, especially with diffuse thinning.. ive actually uploaded better pics of my situation, i dont have general thinning but despite the worse light i feel it represents what im trying to show a bit better.

science_d

Established Member
Reaction score
I think that is the hardest thing that i had in my whole life . i feel shame,i dont want to see anyone or to talk .i feel like sh*t,i am young .i feel old and ugly.i feel like i am not attractive anymore.i used to have alot of girls in my past 2 years with full head of hair.i was using minoxidill for 3 years and i was stupid i stopped using it.from nw2 to nw4 or worse.i dont like to hang out anymore or to do something,i feel very deep sadness .i feel like i lost my life and the only one with that curse i was beautiful ,happy,kind.that curse took away everything from me.how am i supposed to be happy?..always people were looking at me with kind smile .giving me compliments about my eyes or at my hair .i cant feel like that i will be happy anymore i just cant stop crying just cant.now i feel like the ugly sad and old friend.i tried propecia i had very bad side effects i cant use anything

Sorry for your troubles bro. It looks like you still do have some good hair coverage on a large portion of your head though. I wouldn't give up all hope yet or immediately give up. I suggest you try to MAINTAIN the hair coverage you currently have, then after a year or so, it might stabilize and you can consider a hair transplant for the temples if you really want that. Here are some ideas for maintaining what you currently have, because you DO have some hair coverage still on the top:

1) Use minoxidil.

2) I know you said you have bad effects from finasteride, but have you tried a smaller dose? (Even a 0.2mg dose, which is 1/5th of a 1mg Propecia pill, has been shown to have some effect). Skip this step if you don't want to deal with the side effects.

3) Use 2% ketoconazole shampoo, which is supposed to have some effect on slowing down the cause of hair loss, DHT.

4) This is optional and controversial, but you could also try low-level laser therapy, like a laser cap, which may help.

You have to be patient and be consistent for at least 6 months before you can properly judge whether or not a method is working. Who knows, you might get lucky and using one or more of the methods above (ideally at least 3 of them) could help. Also, in the meantime, using hair fibers like Toppik or Caboki definitely does make your hair look thicker.

I am not promising any of it will work, but it's at least worth giving it a shot so you'll know for sure. If doing all of the above consistently for a year doesn't help at all (stop or slow down the hair loss, at least), then you can re-assess your options then. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!