AZ's Story

AssignmentZero

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Assignment's Story

Hmm..I changed my topic to read "AZ's Story (small update on p.10)" but when I click save the topic name still is "Assignment's Story."

Anyone know how to change this???

Thanks.

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Assignment's Story

hey buddy,

It's been a while. That's a damn massive shed there btw.

To be honest, I am also in shedding phase after a regrowth of almost a year ago. For my case, it shed for quite a while (almost a year), until recently that it gradually get lesser. The shedding seem to stop just like during my first regrowth. I'm hoping that it will start to grow again. *cross finger*

And I agree with you that minoxidil and Propecia do get their effects off after a year or so. I'll update my thread soon.

All the best budd

AssignmentZero

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: AZ's Story (1 month update p.10)

3 months on Xandrox 15%.

Hey everyone,

So I am on the 3-month mark with Xandrox 15% (not with finasteride) and I am still shedding. My hair is looking like crap and I am not seeing any regrowth.

I have decided to sell my second bottle of X15% on ebay. You can grab it here.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Xandrox-15-Minoxidil ... 240%3A1318

I spent about $125CAD on it total (including shipping and exchange). I am not looking to make any money here. I thought ebay was the best way to go.

I have ordered some Kirkland 5% minoxidil so I'm going to see how that goes. I'll keep this thread updated once I start that.

thenational

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: AZ's Story (3 month update on Xandrox15 p.13)

Its unfortunate you feel the need to sell your remaining bottle Considering you had such positive results with the minoxidil, would you not give the Xandrox more time. Perhaps finish the last bottle?Im sure you already know all this but, 4 to 6 months are also brackets for regrowth.

Either way i hope you find the best solution, you seem to have a great attitude towards hairloss which i'm compelled to say has inspired me to embrace what i have.

AssignmentZero

Established Member
Reaction score

thenational said:
Its unfortunate you feel the need to sell your remaining bottle Considering you had such positive results with the minoxidil, would you not give the Xandrox more time. Perhaps finish the last bottle?Im sure you already know all this but, 4 to 6 months are also brackets for regrowth.

Either way i hope you find the best solution, you seem to have a great attitude towards hairloss which i'm compelled to say has inspired me to embrace what i have.

Yes, normally I would give X15% at least 6 months but I've had regrowth before and there is no regrowth with X15%.

I can't even see any new tiny hairs growing in. All I see is the tiny hairs that keep on miniturizing and not getting stronger...and my hair looks its worst. I'm still shedding as well which is not a good sign.

I'm gonna give Kirkland 5% liquid a try. It came in today. Going to try 1-2mL twice a day...see how it goes.

K5% day one :)

ps1freak

Established Member
Reaction score

sorry to see what happened with you - i remember following your story since the beginning.

have you thought about upping the dosage on finasteride? the root of your problem isn't the time when you missed the applications of minoxidil, its probably the aggressiveness of your male pattern baldness setting in.

i think you'll have a better chance of recovery with a increase in finasteride.

either way, goodluck man!

AssignmentZero

Established Member
Reaction score

ps1freak said:
sorry to see what happened with you - i remember following your story since the beginning.

have you thought about upping the dosage on finasteride? the root of your problem isn't the time when you missed the applications of minoxidil, its probably the aggressiveness of your male pattern baldness setting in.

i think you'll have a better chance of recovery with a increase in finasteride.

either way, goodluck man!

Hmmmmmm....how much dosage are we talking about? I'm still on 1mg per day. Maybe 1.5mg/day?

If anything, finasteride has definitely slowed my male pattern baldness...but it didn't stop it.

h82bebald

Established Member
Reaction score

have you made any progress in the last couple of months? any pics?

AssignmentZero

Established Member
Reaction score

finfighter said:
Also you might want to consider, ordering Duasteride online, and giving that a shot.

Can anyone explain Dutas to me? I've heard of it over and over again but have never done the research. Maybe I'll do a little background research on this.

h82bebald said:
have you made any progress in the last couple of months? any pics?

No progress. Continued loss. I shave my head now at #4-6 (sides and top). It's looking pretty bad.

AssignmentZero

Established Member
Reaction score

Yeah..I think I'll pass on Dutas. I get my Proscar from a legit pharmacy. I highly doubt my derm will let me take Dutas. But nonetheless, without knowing long-term sides, I'll pass on it.

But do we really know long-term sides from finasteride??...I think I'm near the 3-year mark on finasteride and no sides to complain about :)

AssignmentZero

Established Member
Reaction score

finfighter said:
Yeah I know what you meen, I don't think that I would take Duasteride either, although I have considered it as a backup, if my finasteride ever stops working. In any case I'm scared of Duasteride because, A5R1 is found in the human brain, and its exact function in the brain is unknown. So it's kinda scary to think about suppressing an enzyme (A5R1) that is in your brain, without knowing it's function.

Agreed. Not going to try it.

Japanfour

Reaction score

finfighter said:
Yeah I know what you meen, I don't think that I would take Duasteride either, although I have considered it as a backup, if my finasteride ever stops working. In any case I'm scared of Duasteride because, A5R1 is found in the human brain, and its exact function in the brain is unknown. So it's kinda scary to think about suppressing an enzyme (A5R1) that is in your brain, without knowing it's function.

Irish, did you even read any of that? You make decisions so hap-haphazardly. Just because some random people benefited from dutasteride doesn't mean it's the right choice. From what I've heard, dutasteride does way more harm then good, and read the above, it does sound pretty scary.

AssignmentZero

Established Member
Reaction score

irishpride86 said:
It is already FDA aproved for 0.5 for prostate health and is in phase 3 in the U.S ... so its awaiting approval... but at your stage I would do it thats for damn sure.... its already being taken at that dose so side affects ARE known but are THE SAME to propecia... the diff between them isDutasteride inhibits both isoforms of 5-alpha reductase, while finasteride inhibits only one

GIVE IT A TRY !!!

Ryan

Umm...

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=53555

marc_t said:
Hi!

So yesterday I went to this other doctor and I was amazed about how much he knew about finasteride. First of all, he told me that he prescribed propecia to very many people and only one patient had a gyno problem and had to stop using finasteride. He then brought many books documenting finasteride and a lot of studies that have been done regarding side effects. He showed me studies where people in the placebo group had higher incidences of loss of libido and impotence and then he showed me a nocebo study, where people in the group that knew about the side effects had almost 5 times more incidences than the other group who didn't know anything about sides. Regarding the studies I showed him about mental sides, he said that in humans, only 5AR type 1 is present in the brain and spinal chord and the synthesis of neurosteroids takes place there. And absolutely no 5AR type 2 is present there (He showed me this in a medical book). He then explained to me that in 5AR type 1 the neurosteroid production dominates over the T->DHT conversion and in 5AR type 2 the T->DHT conversion not only dominates but it's actually almost the only thing happening that is of use to the tissues containing 5AR type 2. According to him, 5AR type 2 is present only in the prostate, hair follicles and skin and no neurosteroids are produced there. "Do think you need neurosteroids in the prostate :) ?" he asked me. Well I said no and was pleased to hear that finasteride only inhibits 5AR type 2 (which he also showed me in another book). Many of the studies I showed him were done on rodents and according to the Doctor, 5AR type 1 and 2 is inhibited EQUALLY in rodents with finasteride that's why there was a reduction in neurosteroids and he said: "This does in no way extrapolate to humans who need an extremely high dose of finasteride to inhibit 5AR type 1" (don't remember the number but it was high - hundreds of milligrams as far as I remember. Then he told me that there are some people who think they are smart and take dutasteride for hair loss and he is totally against this thinking these people are a bit crazy. It might be better for male pattern baldness but the sides are more extreme and on dutasteride you most probably will actually get more sides than on finasteride and also serious mental sides are possible. It is also not recommended because of a very long half life and because dutasteride hasn't been researched properly for male pattern baldness.

I think I'll pass on dutasteride.

amsch

Reaction score

irishpride86 said:
but heres the thing YOU ALL FAIL to see... dutasteride is ALREADY being used as a 0.5 mg for prostate health... so if ALL those popel who are using it at 0.5 MG don't have NEAR the side effects you guys fear and this med is still on the self then explain how you think 0.5 mg that is ALREADy in use will hurt you to the degree you think it will ?

Irishpride, after all you went through in the past months I don't think YOU shoud give ANYONE advises about hairloss drugs. Really!

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score

amsch said:
irishpride86 said:
but heres the thing YOU ALL FAIL to see... dutasteride is ALREADY being used as a 0.5 mg for prostate health... so if ALL those popel who are using it at 0.5 MG don't have NEAR the side effects you guys fear and this med is still on the self then explain how you think 0.5 mg that is ALREADy in use will hurt you to the degree you think it will ?

Irishpride, after all you went through in the past months I don't think YOU shoud give ANYONE advises about hairloss drugs. Really!

ohhhhh snap

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score

irishpride86 said:
well I got my advice form you guys and my hair has only gotten 10x worse while on propecia... so what the f*ck are you talking about ?

Your Doctor gave you your prescription for Propecia, not people on this forum so don't talk sh*t.
You f*****g asked for people's opinions on here all the them and they gave them, but we told you we weren't Doctors and couldn't conjure the answer to every single problem. Even your own Doctor couldn't explain your case, why the f*** are you blaming people on this forum for giving the logical answer, which is if you want to stop hair loss used a FDA approved hair loss drug.

Try thinking for yourself for once then, if your hair got ten times worse on propecia wouldn't the smart thing to do be stop taking it?! No-one is forcing you to take it.
f*** you need a smack in the head, people on here don't have to help you, you should be a little bit more appreciative of the people who have actually tried to help.

AssignmentZero

Established Member
Reaction score

Hey guys,

Maybe once dutasteride gets approved I will give it a shot, but right now, I am in a good place where I don't care that much about my hairloss. Yes, I wish I had a full head of hair but I don't so, I live with it.

I'm on finasteride right now which is the best medicine out there, so I really can't do any more.

On a lighter note, I have a date this Saturday with a 7.5/10, and she's fully seen my male pattern baldness. Just to let the other baldies out there know that there is hope for us...just have to try.

az

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score

AssignmentZero said:
On a lighter note, I have a date this Saturday with a 7.5/10, and she's fully seen my male pattern baldness. Just to let the other baldies out there know that there is hope for us...just have to try.

az

dude thats awesome!

just a question are you using min as well?

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Assignment's Story (Jan 2009 update - p.10)

AssignmentZero said:
What is going on HairLossTalk.com???

So as mentioned in a few posts above, in September 2007 I went on a 10-day vacation and didn't bring my foam. When I got back home, I started using the foam in the mornings and nights, pretty much everyday (I think I missed 3-4 applications in about 12 months).

However, about 3-4 months in, I noticed I started to shed. Didn't think much of it since it was probably b/c I missed 10 days of application while on vacation.

Low and behold however, this shed has now been going on for 1year+ (even while still applying the foam twice daily and taking proscar). This past month, it has been the worst shed since a long long time.

As you can see from the pics below taken today, I've lost all I regrew. The only reason I can think this occurred is becasue I didn't use the foam for 10 days as I don't think it would be due to anything else.

Here are some pics:

January 2009 - w/o Flash
Jan09-12.jpg

January 2009 - w/o Flash
Jan09-11.jpg

January 2009 - w/o Flash
Jan09-10.jpg

January 2009 - w/ Flash
Jan09-5.jpg

As you can see, I am back to square one, where I was when I wasn't using any meds for male pattern baldness.

So to you members, what is my next step? Obviously, the meds have lost their effect on my male pattern baldness. I really don't know why the meds don't want to work the second time around...? I am already on proscar so I can't add that to my regime. The only thing I can think of is getting some 12.5% or 15% minoxidil. I had great success with minoxidil before and it was the reason for my loss so maybe a higher concentration will work...???

I'm not too sure - what do you guys think?

Other than that...I still go out and get drunk with my friends and I play intramural basketball so I don't let male pattern baldness affect me at all. Does it suck? Of course it does because who wants to be 23-24 years old and balding...no one.

However, after going through male pattern baldness the "second" time (now) it really is a lot easier to handle. I've come to accept it and let it be. But still, if I can do something about it I will try..like anyone else on here would.

One piece of advise I can give to everyone - STAY ON YOUR MEDS LOL!!

AssignmentZero

I don't come on here often anymore so I don't check my inbox (but maybe now I will :]) If anyone wants to email me about anything at all feel free - mzebby@hotmail.com

Oh and what happened to dietcola...that kid was awesome.

I know this may have been a while ago man, but just looking through this thread and came across it. I am a young guy like you. How old are you exactly? I have been very lucky so far as my hair loss has been slow moving and it has been receeding at the sides. It looks like your hair loss has been rapid, which is unfortunate. But in another light, ironically perhaps easier then having hair loss happen more slowly, as it just stretches the frustration out.

For me, when I start diffusing noticibly then thats when I will really start buzzing down. I dont want that day to come, and maybe it wont but I know that as I am young and slowly balding that it looks very likely to be the next step. Its easy to say man but you come across as a positive guy and look healthy; I wouldnt worry to much about trying to save your hair now, you have a good face, so either let it be as it is or shave/buzz it down if you feel like it. In my opinion I basically think that you can no longer save your hair, its gotten to the point where you just have to accept that I think. If it doesnt bother you as it is then cool, if that was my situation I think I would definitly shave/buzz it down low and go for a neat look.

When I start diffusing I will definitly buzz/shave it low. Receeding right now is ok as I can buzz the sides really short and a little longer up top, and it can look quite tight for a few days after.

good luck dude.

AssignmentZero

Established Member
Reaction score

BodyDysmorphic said:
AssignmentZero said:

az

dude thats awesome!

just a question are you using min as well?

Yes I'm still on minoxidil. I went to X-15% for 3 months and saw no results so then I went to Kirkland for 2 months and just couldn't take how greasy it was, especially in the summer. So, now I'm back on foam and am expecting 0 results...but mind as well try - maybe maintenance but doubtful.

This morning I shaved my head. Well, not shaved but cut it nice and close with a trimmer. It doesn't look too good. I have a very round face and I need that little bit of hair on top so that it squares off my face...that's my conclusion.

However, it does feel very care free. And there is no other vindication than shaving your head and saying "yes, i am bald and i shave my hair."