AZ's Story

AssignmentZero

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok. I did it. This morning I cut 1/5th of a proscar pill and took it with breakfast. I feel fine and am not worried about anything. I've also taken my daily dose of MSM (3000mg).

This weekend I'll start the minoxidil and take monthly pics.

:D

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Your skin looks less healthy in the latest photos from the glances I've taken at them. Get plenty of nutrients.

Good luck with everything.

AssignmentZero

Established Member
Reaction score
Applied my very first minoxidil application a few minutes ago. I'm going to have to work on my trigger finger as I think I used more than 1/2 cap full, although I did apply all over my head.

Here is how I applied it. The bolder white lines is where I put the foam on and then the white slahes are where I spread it around.

Anyone have any feedback?

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n276/mzebby/minoxidil.jpg

Thanks!

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
photobucket has a resize option somewhere man. glad to see you have started your full regimen, i hope your initial shed isn't too drastic or discouraging. just make sure to massage that foam into your scalp with your fingers until it's pretty dry. you may also want to tilt your head back slightly to avoid it running down your face, which it will do occasionally!

cubeall

Reaction score
Hey, man. I'm new to the forum and just wanted to wish you luck with your results.

hasselbeckfan8

Reaction score
I'm new to all of this. I should've investigated this website a long time ago. My hair looked like yours about two years ago. I'm pretty bald now. You'll have a much better chance than me. PS. Don't lose hope! I never had as good of hair as you do!

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
AssignmentZero,
Hey I to am new to the forum. I had a full head of hair like your past pictures as of about a year and a half ago. I dyed my hair and a bunch of it fell out and it kinda made my hair a weird texture but i'm around the same stage as you. I hope every day it grows back to how it was before I dyed it. I only take finasteride, msm, and nizoral right now though and I lose about 4-5 a hairs a day. I used foam for about 2 months but it wasn't worth all the hassle to me at least. Let me know how your foam treatment works out. I wish you the best of luck with your treatments and keep us posted.

-Pologuy

AssignmentZero

Established Member
Reaction score
UPDATE!!!!!!! WITH PICS!!!!!! June 18, 2007

HEY EVERYONE!!!!!

Well, it has been roughly 3 months since I started treatment and I think everything is going well.

I still follow my regimen except that I no longer take MSM religiously. I probably will stop consuming it all together soon.

Rogaine: I still apply it twice daily and it's so easy to do. I do however miss 2-5 applications per month just for being too drunk and 1) sleeping over at a friends house or 2) too drunk to put it on when I get home :p

Proscar: I take 1mg every night. I used to take it in the morning but I "thought" I had brain fog so now taking it at night makes me not think of brain fog during the day. NO SIDES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are the pics. Please comment. As far as I can tell, so far so good!!! Please note that all these pics were taken right after I got a haircut. Also, I couldn't get all pics to be from the exact same angle so I just did my best. I know it's hard to compare some.

TOP - MARCH 2007
Top-March2007-1.jpg

TOP WITH FLASH - MARCH 2007
Topwithflash-March2007-1.jpg

TOP - APRIL 2007
Top-April2007.jpg

TOP WITH FLASH - APRIL 2007
Topwithflash-April282007.jpg

TOP - MAY 2007
Top-May2007.jpg

TOP - JUNE 18, 2007
Top-June182007.jpg

TOP WITH FLASH - JUNE 18, 2007
Topwithflash-June182007.jpg

Megadeth

Established Member
Reaction score
re

Your pre-male pattern baldness pics look a lot like my current hair, except I have a little more diffuse thinning on the right temple and crown. Your progress gives me hope. Thanks!

blee7370

Reaction score
Hi...

Progress looks great man..
Is it possible to get some better shots of the front and maybe a front on? :)
Its just a little difficult to tell how its filled in towards that region.. I'd like to see how the hair line has changed and all.

Overall looks great from the pictures you provided though..

Pretty soon you should post in the success stories section :)

Also, how was shedding etc?

Wash n' Gone

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks vastly improved to me - better than some of the success story pics on the site. The improvement from April was quite marked. Congrats and keep it up :hairy:

Death

Reaction score
Looks better to me and have you ever thought of haveing a shaved head cuz i think it might look better

and dont drink to much man you might have a fucked up liver later in life with drinking , propecia , and all

also I hope more luck for you cuz i know it sucks to hav male pattern baldness early and i thought i had it bad but you bet me sadly , but if you shave it like i sad you might be better off

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re: UPDATE!!!!!!! WITH PICS!!!!!! June 18, 2007

AssignmentZero said:
HEY EVERYONE!!!!!

Well, it has been roughly 3 months since I started treatment and I think everything is going well.

I still follow my regimen except that I no longer take MSM religiously. I probably will stop consuming it all together soon.

Rogaine: I still apply it twice daily and it's so easy to do. I do however miss 2-5 applications per month just for being too drunk and 1) sleeping over at a friends house or 2) too drunk to put it on when I get home :p

Proscar: I take 1mg every night. I used to take it in the morning but I "thought" I had brain fog so now taking it at night makes me not think of brain fog during the day. NO SIDES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are the pics. Please comment. As far as I can tell, so far so good!!! Please note that all these pics were taken right after I got a haircut. Also, I couldn't get all pics to be from the exact same angle so I just did my best. I know it's hard to compare some.

TOP - MARCH 2007
Top-March2007-1.jpg

TOP WITH FLASH - MARCH 2007
Topwithflash-March2007-1.jpg

TOP - APRIL 2007
Top-April2007.jpg

TOP WITH FLASH - APRIL 2007
Topwithflash-April282007.jpg

TOP - MAY 2007
Top-May2007.jpg

TOP - JUNE 18, 2007
Top-June182007.jpg

TOP WITH FLASH - JUNE 18, 2007
Topwithflash-June182007.jpg

Wow what a come back...

I see one month into the treatment your hair looked really bad, but it's MUCH better at the present stage. I am happy for you bro, hope it gets better and better!

bustabucket

Established Member
Reaction score
That is nothing short of amazing.