At What Point Would You Say Goodbye To This Forum??

Chromedome1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quote me where I said minor hairloss is just as bad as nw7

Nope , never said that. Of course it's not as bad. What I DID say is that any type of hairloss is a problem . Perhaps minor is less of a problem but that doesn't invalidate our issues. What you are saying is literally the equivalent of me saying the starving children in Africa cliche. "Why do you care about nw7? At least your not starving in Africa!"

I am speaking from personal experience because that's all I can go from , that's all anyone can go form. Hair loss has effected me greatly and caused tons of anxiety and panic. You can say I'm just mentally "weak" but that's a pretty bs and lazy answer. The fact is my minor hairloss HAS affected me. I have no doubt nw7 would affect me even more, but either way it's hairloss issues.
It really does invalidate your so-called issues if it's to the point that the average person can't point it out. If slight, barely noticeable hair loss has affected you this much, then you're in for a rude awakening when/if actual hair loss begins.

Baldingat188

Reaction score
It really does invalidate your so-called issues if it's to the point that the average person can't point it out. If slight, barely noticeable hair loss has affected you this much, then you're in for a rude awakening when/if actual hair loss begins.

Naw , I'm screwed when my hairloss progresses. Suicide or hair piece prisoner come to mind .

cocohot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Don't think I can attract one at this point. They want fullheads with perfect body

Any 90 year old who owns his house and has no kids or wife, get him to leave you the house in the will and you are now a millionaire :)

Like what? IDK every time I try something it turns out I end up even more Fkd

Any of them, you could just take mdma or cocaine, I'm sure doctors have recommended some proper metabolism boosters if the only reason you're not taking drugs that cure your baldness is weight gain? Seems an easy problem to solve.

cocohot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No dude it's not at all

The only issue is metabolism? What did your doctor say when you told him about the weight gain? If I could take medicine that cured my baldness that slowed my metabolism down I would eat less food, exercise more and take stimulants. There must be something pas?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
i guess well see in a few years if its bullshit or not

but i think its more a money issue. if this sh*t does come out its gonna expensive as f***
@sunchyme1, don't worry mate. I will work out a buy one get one free deal. You will get the free one.

Calchas

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The difference is HairLossTalk.com takes up time.
With one page posts,surely it does!:)
@buckthorn was right about you Wolf...You try to be helpful and devote your time for everyone here.
Btw,can you post or PM me some pics...I really like to know how everyone looks like in here for some reason.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think your case might be similar to mine. You developed an addiction to hair loss in general even though you're cured basically and have a solid future plan. It can happen when you experience something traumatic. I know of people who became drs due to hair loss or went into this field. I guess there's a healthy way to build on this and a way not to - becoming involved in the field is productive and a passion. Forum should be a few jokes here and there and to monitor up coming treatments or transplant results now and then. But it shouldn't define you in life. I understand those with serious hair loss who lost a chunk of their life and have other issues to be on here as they need support which is different.

I know we both have this addiction in the same way because I used to be on youtube watching videos of surgery and hair treatment and I'd see your username :D I saw dante too and maybe swing, definitely hellouser.

Most regular people eventually take a break as it becomes repetitive and a waste of time, especially impact section, rest is more mainstream. More important if you plan on keeping an active social life. I look back and I've lost hours on here. I mean even if I remained active socially and there for my friends, this still took up some time. I'm also dealing with mod stuff! This is the feedback I got from people closest to me. That I was missing out on their company somewhat and support, adventures. People said I had become obsessed with hair. I know some guys on here will say "fullheads don't get it" but they are right, I had an unnecessary addiction. My ex said "okay you were losing hair and didn't know what to do, but now it's all the opposite so move on." I think you fall in this bracket of addiction but can break the cycle and just make small visits here. You'll adapt once you try it.

Like I wrote earlier, I love the people I'm close to on here and will keep in touch over PM or if anyone contacts me for help. But you have to be careful not be consumed by a forum. Mine isn't even a case of the "negativity consumes me" since it doesn't apply to me and I'm pretty strong. It's more, I don't think this is productive.

This weekend I spent it away initially with a girl and then with around 10 people. I realised a few things even more. I really have a full head of thick hair. Even when I removed my hat (was raining) my hair was thick even compared to non baldies. I was offered a discount by a Derm Clinic for my friends because of "who I am and it's a gift" in her words and now we're getting along on whatsapp. Going to a new mall and they knew people who knew others, I was forming bonds like nothing. I want to live freely basically.

I'm enjoying everything like I was before and after hair loss. The difference is HairLossTalk.com takes up time. Time away makes you realise it's actually the same old discussions on repeat mode.

I'm sure you have your own goals. I want to expand my reach through my career via social media on a certain platform: more journals, videos, advice. Also a travelling vlog, maybe on Insta. Spend time with people in my life more and meet more people through them. I already do this but want to take it all to a higher level.

I agree, especially on the productivity front. I've been lazy here but potentially Youtube on hairloss among other things would be a much more useful outlet I've been wanting to do for a long while. I tend to think it would be possible to make a forum to disrupt or provide another alternative to hairestorationetwork and monetise that, of course a lot of work involved and but I'm sure most can see there's room and desire for a better alternative and even most people and surgeons using that forum would agree. Forgetting about it entirely and focusing on more interesting things would be good too lmao.

Planning on blocking the website until my transplant in the next week or so, update that every few months and then at that point can avoid it entirely.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sharing how I look anymore but there's an avvy of my hair after finasteride and surgery. Some members have seen me previously. Thanks for the complement, I did help a lot more in the early days, thousands of old posts all gone when the forum moved. I'm burnt out now though.

In real life I get complemented on my hair but just standard stuff like "great hair" or "it's thick" from guys and girls. 2 complements meant the most to me though. From two girls with hair loss on here as they know the struggle and are Norwood spotters.

Joan said my hair looked so thick now and hairline perfect, among more detailed analysis. Evil Locks just said "dat hairline" over PM.

Good luck with your transplant, not that you need it! Same surgeon? Lowering the hairline and temple closure if I remember rightly? It makes a huge difference having a thick strong hairline.

Haha I can see you monetising something for sure and succeeding. That's so you!

Another 2500 with Koray, also to hit the crown which was previously untouched. Mainly for the feeling that I’ve genuinely expended all reasonable effort to max out the situation and a sense of closure.

I told a recent medicine grad on the weekend I’d had a hair transplant in istanbul just to guage a reaction and he genuinely didn’t believe me so my current situation can’t be too bad.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I agree, especially on the productivity front. I've been lazy here but potentially Youtube on hairloss among other things would be a much more useful outlet I've been wanting to do for a long while. I tend to think it would be possible to make a forum to disrupt or provide another alternative to hairestorationetwork and monetise that, of course a lot of work involved and but I'm sure most can see there's room and desire for a better alternative and even most people and surgeons using that forum would agree. Forgetting about it entirely and focusing on more interesting things would be good too lmao.

Planning on blocking the website until my transplant in the next week or so, update that every few months and then at that point can avoid it entirely.
@JeanLucBB, I hope you do Youtube videos. Would love to hear your aussie accent. Bet you have a cool voice. Wished I had an aussie or British accent.

cocohot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi mate, good to see you keeping an eye on things here now and then. It will be good for many members of the forum, especially those in their youth where baldness is toughest. But I have a full thick head following finasteride with a transplant. Sure I could do with more, but that truly is just hair greed, i'm cured. I'm in my early 30s and want to focus more on different aspects of my life like I was before I came on here. Otherwise I'm just wasting my time talking about something with little impact on me now. It's a pointless repetitive addiction: hair discussion and aesthetics. I know what is what for decades. I'll keep checking though and I'm sure I'll hear about hair treatments if they come out.

You can't have transplants? I think I remember you said you don't have enough donor for good hair. That is really a bitter pill to swallow. It's all about maintenance unfortunately with hair transplants merely supplementing in most cases. I've rarely looked into the new treatment section and relied on mainly what works: as I knew it would be sufficient if I started early enough.

This is sig worthy. Hits you like a fcukin ton of bricks.

View attachment 80769

Ok, but log back on just once in a few years time if tsuji makes a breakthrough and it's in the news. That's what I'm going to do. Good luck with everything.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive started coming less and less, and when I do I try to type less and less. Its a great forum and can be seriously funny but its mostly become the same nonsense over and over. Sometimes I find myself reading something and swear I left a comment but then realize its just a new post with identical content.

I think I finally also had my nervous breakdown, hair transplant and sort of semi accepted my fate until I can really get the procedure to end all procedures.

Honestly the time I could spend here whining would be so much more worthwhile doing "something" about it. I keep pushing that hair treatments need to be covered under medical. Id rather see a bunch of us get together and push for this than be here complaining

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As soon as possible. This forum has become an addiction. No offense, I like you guys, but it's just frustrating interectating on this forum. You always come across interesting threads about new ideas, but nobody can have definitive information, so you realize you just wasted time. f***, as if hair loss was not enough, reading about all these BDD stories with women and dates made me doubt about my looks in general.
A forum where people are depressed as f*** and talk about suicide, people obsessed over their looks as if it was oxygen, desperation by having to witness new delayings instead of new treatments, fanatic incelism, entire threads created for analyzing meticulously celebrities' hair loss , but come on guys , this forum must have some flaws too

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually I think Stan x requested a ban so he wouldn't be on here as much. Xander is tough to say but I believe he is trying to leave the online communties beheind and grow his personal relationships through extension and obligation of his character. He mentioned many times of being on the cusp of a new mindset and , I may add it is quite rare to observe legimate character development in real life so I raise my glass to him everyday I see him vacant from hairlosstalk.com - and I think it should serve as a reminder to all of us that change is possible even if you are "far gone".
:D :D :D

@CopeForLife