Asmed - Norwood 5/6 Pattern - My hair transplant Journey Has Began... Asmed/dr. Koray Erdogan

Phoenix07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
DxJa95.jpg

Phoenix07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, it seems I am not being able to get further thickening of my hair, possibly this is the max results I can get.
It a huge improvement from my starting point no doubt. I recover my hairline and I now have a frame to my face, but the hair is still quite diffuse on the mid scalp and crown.
My current regimen for at least the last 3 months is:
2.5mg proscar everyday
0.5mg dutasteride Mondays, Wednesday's and Friday's
5% minoxidil liquid 2x/day
Nizoral cream (not the shampoo) 2% 3x/week

In the past I also tried (as an extra to my regular regimen): medroxyprogesterone + azelaic acid + minoxidil from belgravia
Alpha estradiol 0.5% topical
Castor oil
Stemoxydine
Etc..
I've noticed no improvements or further thickening with these added to my regular regimen

I'm really keen now to go and have a FUE, wonder if Erdogan still believes I need 5000 grafts, but I'm also getting the urge to try a final NUCLEAR route just to see if I can recover a bit more...
@bridgeburn thread is amazing and I wonder if I should add to my current regimen
Spironolactone 100mg 2x/day
17 beta estradiol topical at 0.5% maybe 2x a week
(Yes I am fully aware of the potential side effects, i can always stop if I start getting any).
Opinions please?
Good luck everybody

Just to remember

Starting point Jan 2016

yzT2Di.jpg

August 2018
DxJa95.jpg

a2g0UX.jpg

8BMuG2.jpg

Last edited:

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The amount of hair that you've regained is absolutely amazing. I am pretty sure that 1 or 2 FUEs would add a great amount of volume and probably density. You are a poster child for hair restoration man!

I'm also amazed of the amount of chemicals that you are ingesting and smearing. You must have incredible genes to be able to tolerate all these. You are also very dedicated! Keeps us posted and keep up the good job! (Honestly I think you should kinda stick to where you are now as far as chemicals go but hey, it's your body and your choice!)

Phoenix07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well lets up on the ante...
z4ddeB.jpg

Spironolactone 100mg to Be added from today
Will start 50mg morning, 50 mg at night

Phoenix07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, ive been on finasteride and dutasteride (and i Will still continue).
Dutasteride is an inhibitor of the enzyme 5 alpha-reductase type I and II responsible for the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Finasteride only blocks the Type II form of the enzyme (which is the one thought to be prevalent in the scalp, but there are some ideas that type II also plays some role). So, I take both

As far as i understand spironolactone is supposed to bind to receptors in the scalp’s tissues, effectively the DHT from accumulating by arriving there first. Spironolactone prevents hair loss in two distinctly different ways. First, by acting as a blocker. Second, by inhibiting 5aR.
Spironolactone has been found in some studies to increase levels of estradiol and estrogen (good for hair growth).
So, my aim here is to both block as much as possible the receptors or bind them avoiding as much damage from dht as possible and raise a bit the levels of estradiol for a better environment for hair growth.
Thats the idea..
Side effects, i am aware and vigilant

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
That minoxidil’d forehead tho damn :/

Still, great results sir.
It really is a sick joke, you need dht/collagen for good skin and on the flip slide it chokes your hair. By what mechanism does minoxidil regrow hair, do you know? Potassium channels? Is there any natural thing that can do the same job without wrecking havoc on collagen formation?

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude! Again, I am truly impressed with the amount of regrowth (as well as the amount of chemicals you're using/tolerating). So you had no sides from the finasteride/dutasteride so far? Good luck with the addition in treatment and do keeps us posted on your progress! Hopefully no sides for you!

Phoenix07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nobody knows for sure how minoxidil works
A theory... vasodilation
another theory... opening the potassium channels

In theory castor oil its said to work similar to minoxidil and im on that too.. lol
Every night i also apply a mix of aloevera pure gel + castor Oil + tee tree oil + nizoral 2% cream. (Supposed to have anti inflammatory effects also), then 30min later i apply minoxidil 5%
Cant say i see more regrowth but my scalp feels smoother so i keep using it also

Phoenix07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude! Again, I am truly impressed with the amount of regrowth (as well as the amount of chemicals you're using/tolerating). So you had no sides from the finasteride/dutasteride so far? Good luck with the addition in treatment and do keeps us posted on your progress! Hopefully no sides for you!
Honestly, no sides, thats why i’m upping the ante to see if i get more regrowth. My crown is the most difficult are to get regrowth. I got the hairline back to frame the face but quite thin on the vertex and crown

Phoenix07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A few months of spironolactone now, then if no results last upping of the ante will be topical estradiol.
Will not use CPA or biculotamide.
Final step hair transplant

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you have that typical finasteride shed when you started? And did you shed hairs from your donor area?