Apple Cider Vinegar

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
acvfan said:
Thanks, Squeegee, for uploading the photos. Sorry they are so huge. Everything in the marked area is new growth. I was pure slick chrome dome in that region, and now there are hairs everywhere. The spot is decreasing every week. The rest of my hair that would never grow long is now growing like crazy. My wife cuts my hair with a trimmer; she noticed an increased volume of hair on the floor. Plus, it has gotten really soft and shiny. I'll keep posting new photos every month or so for documentation. I'm glad I was "encouraged" by the fellow posters to show the proof.

Big pictures are fine! We can see the positive results really well! We cannot denied it!

Hate2LoseIt

Established Member
Reaction score
So this ACV is the allmighty cure to my balding, huh.

staredown.gif

*goes online and places order for 2 gallons of apple cider vinegar*

acvfan

Reaction score
Give it a try! I hope you got some that was organic raw unfiltered. That's what I'm using. Just be consistent and patient. Get someone to take a before photo; I wish I had.

acvfan

Reaction score
Give it a try! I hope you got some that was organic raw unfiltered. That's what I'm using. Just be consistent and patient. Get someone to take a before photo; I wish I had.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
OK.. ACV is contain a lot of anti-inflammatory salicylate!The short chain fatty acids (acetic acid, butyric acid and propionic acid) all have decent anti-inflammatory properties. They have been successfully used to treat inflammatory bowel disease in a double-blind study. Vinegar is rich in acetic acid. ACV is Rich in Alpha-hydroxy acids. It is also a powerful diuretic which help Edema .. Naturally fermented vinegar contains peptides (short protein fragments) that inhibit angoitensin converting enzyme, which is associated with high blood pressure. In studies on hypertensive rats, vinegar reduces blood pressure to more normal values. Distilled vinegar lacks these peptides. The acetic acid boost the production of choline which help the absorption at the cell level of magnesium and potassium.. :punk: ACV also help for weight loss , Detox and balance blood glucose level.

Maelstrom

Established Member
Reaction score
I recently got some braggs ACV because I thought it might help with my skin.

My God, this stuff is foul!! Even diluted in blackcurrant squash a teaspoon of it is just disgusting.

:puke:

How many teaspoons a day are you guys taking? Assuming you're all managing to keep this stuff down...

acvfan

Reaction score
Add a couple of tablespoons to water or orange juice several times a day. Thanks for the info, Squeegee. But listen- this is non-hair related. My buddy (the native american one with the freakishly-thick-snow-white hair) (who is also a physical wreck due to high blood pressure and cholesterol) started using the acv exactly one week ago. I saw him this morning- he was beside himself. He lost 12 pounds in one week! He states the acv is helping him with digestion and feeling full with less food. This motivated me to weigh again- I'm down to 162 from 183 when I started last August.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What's up guys! Tony Montana here...

I just bought myself a 2 jugs of Organic unfiltered AVC. I will keep you all posted.

I haven't posted here in a while, my hair has held up pretty well with just Propecia. It's starting to thin up front now. (6 years strong on propecia)

I will give this AVC a try for a few months.

Hope everyone is doing well!

To the guy who posted that AVC is foul and put the icons of the smiley faces puking. That was freaking HILLLARIOUS! I don't know why, but that has me busting up!

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Maelstrom said:
I recently got some braggs ACV because I thought it might help with my skin.

My God, this stuff is foul!! Even diluted in blackcurrant squash a teaspoon of it is just disgusting.

:puke:

How many teaspoons a day are you guys taking? Assuming you're all managing to keep this stuff down...

Man I am taking down a full glass of wine twice a day! You should see my face after! Priceless! Just the smell itself is f*****g disgusting! :puke:

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Brasileirao said:

I just bought myself a 2 jugs of Organic unfiltered AVC. I will keep you all posted.

I haven't posted here in a while, my hair has held up pretty well with just Propecia. It's starting to thin up front now. (6 years strong on propecia)

To the guy who posted that AVC is foul and put the icons of the smiley faces puking. That was freaking HILLLARIOUS! I don't know why, but that has me busting up!

Good job! Welcome to the club! Take that sh*t steady and report results! We should start taking pictures also to make it more legit..

fight_the_power

Reaction score
I'm taking it like the OP suggested using vitamin water to dilute the ACV. It's the only way I can get it down. I think the acidity can actually burn your esophagus so you should dilute it. It also helps with the taste.

Maelstrom

Established Member
Reaction score
Brasileirao said:

Hi Tony.

Glad I made someone smile today anyway. :)

Does it make any difference when you are taking it? E.g. Is it better to take it on an empty stomach before a meal or after a meal?

Is just once a day enough? Please tell me it's enough...I don't think I could drink this battery acid more than once a day!

Like Squeegee, my face must be sooo contorted after swigging this down. :shock:

The things we do for our hair, eh?

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Maelstrom said:
Hi Tony.

Glad I made someone smile today anyway. :)

Does it make any difference when you are taking it? E.g. Is it better to take it on an empty stomach before a meal or after a meal?

Is just once a day enough? Please tell me it's enough...I don't think I could drink this battery acid more than once a day!

Like Squeegee, my face must be sooo contorted after swigging this down. :shock:

The things we do for our hair, eh?

I'm taking it 2 times daily right now. I add 2 tablespoons to an 8 oz glass of water first thing in the morning and then do the same thing at lunch time. I'm thinking about adding a 3rd night time dose but not sure if it will be too much.

My morning dose is on an empty stomach. (prior to breakfast)
My afternoon dose is on a full stomach. (after lunch)

Hope this helps.

Yeah, I agree, if someone said eating crap with a cup of piss would restore our hair I'm pretty sure people would be...well...you know... :punk:

Petchsky

Reaction score
Tony Montana, bang bang..

I like the taste of ACV, but it does make me cough after downing it neat. What worries me is if it erodes teeth??..anyone...drinking it through a straw may be a bit much.

EDIT: Just found this,

"There are many ways to take ACV. The standard ACV cocktail is simply one to two tablespoons of raw ACV with one to two tablespoons of raw honey in a glass of water up to three times daily. Ted from Earthclinic.com recommends taking two tbsp of ACV with some baking soda in a large glass of water 1-3 times a day for five days and then taking two days off. He recommends this solution to manage the PH level in your body without becoming too acidic from the ACV. Other people use ACV to rinse their hair, wash their face, add it to their bath or they use it for enemas or douches. The easiest way to incorporate ACV into your routine is to use ACV and oil in lieu of store bought salad dressings."

Question Answered: "The only real drawback to be aware of when drinking undiluted vinegar is that the acid can be harsh on your teeth and may begin to destroy tooth enamel. To avoid damaging your dental enamel, dilute the vinegar in water, drink your ACV cocktail within five to ten minutes to minimize time spent in contact with your teeth, add baking soda to help neutralize the acid, rinse with plain water"

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the pics and info acvfan!!

Did you say you were also getting hairs on your hairline up front too??

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
ACV seems to improve endothelial dysfunctions and balance Aldosterone .. Which both are big contributors to Hair Loss.

Hoppi

Reaction score
It was recommended to me to mix a small amount of this with urine and DMSO to make a topical, so I thought what the hey I may as well start drinking ACV too!

I drunk some for the first time downstairs and was like "omg it's HORRIBLE!" lol

I'm sure it's fine when you start mixing it in other flavoured things though (with water it's still pretty harsh!!)

acvfan

Reaction score
Wow, guys, what awesome info! And yes, I am getting hair on the front hair line to grow back as well, even in this weird little space right at the front that wouldn't grow anything. I'll include a photo of that next time.

Hoppi

Reaction score
idontwanttobebalding said:
Most ACV sites suggest using it as an anti-inflamatory topical (like for gout)....I can't seem to bring myself to put urine on my head...maybe that's me though ! :)

haha I know what you mean. I mean this is one of the main reasons I never did it before even though it was being recommended to me by someone who has gotten on top of their hair loss using natural means, and claims urine worked also. And that video I posted in the urine therapy thread. I was just put off because I was like "ewwww!". But like, right now I just want something to work and I have VERY little cash, and ACV and urine are two things which I keep hearing over and over again, and they are both cheap or free lol

OH! Btw is this ACV ok? This is the one I bought in town:

http://dev.aspall.co.uk/products/vinega ... -7-28.html

Cheers ma dudes! ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.