Apparently Tsuji has started clinical trials

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol

Total invested in it so far is around US$ 4.4 millions.

“The initial hair follicle regeneration clinical trial invested about 500 million yen. If the results are confirmed, I want to spend an additional 1 billion to 1.5 billion yen to gradually increase the number of trials.”

“Cost is about 50 million yen until the first 100 people. If it becomes 10,000, it will be reduced to 25 million yen, and after that, it will be reduced to 15 million yen. The more users there are, the more likely the cost is. reduce.”

Link to the article: https://inf.news/en/science/160051c60a9cc925f5c1cba615504fdc.html

Link to the HC2020 commentary about it: https://www.hairlosscure2020.com/riken-fundraising-for-regenerative-medicine/

I hope we get more details about it, it will be so nice if Tsuji actually pulls the miracle here.

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, his price ranges are actually reasonable now too. Wait for the first 10k rich people to get cured then get a thick mane for ~230k usd. I think his previous figure was around the 700k range.

Caillou

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, his price ranges are actually reasonable now too. Wait for the first 10k rich people to get cured then get a thick mane for ~230k usd. I think his previous figure was around the 700k range.
Still expensive as f***. I doubt hair has as much value as the kidney which is sold for a similar price

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Those cells are very expensive to manufacture, not to mention the whole procedure, so it’s not like Tsuji is getting greedy.

Also, the prices will fall down. The most important variable at this stage is finding out on humans if the stuff works or not

kingjohn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this is probably the single biggest news ever in terms of actual progression of a "functional cure" to market

remember japans laws for such treatments are extremely favorable, allowing transition to market after phase ii trials if enough safety/efficacy is shown... add to that wanting the press for being the "first cure for balding" to market could make this available in ~2023-4 for the extremely wealthy (unless a breakthrough in scalability/mass marketing happens before then) and will only get cheaper thereafter

rejoice brothers

Caillou

My Regimen
Reaction score
this is probably the single biggest news ever in terms of actual progression of a "functional cure" to market

remember japans laws for such treatments are extremely favorable, allowing transition to market after phase ii trials if enough safety/efficacy is shown... add to that wanting the press for being the "first cure for balding" to market could make this available in ~2023-4 for the extremely wealthy (unless a breakthrough in scalability/mass marketing happens before then) and will only get cheaper thereafter

rejoice brothers
Hooray! Only 15-20 years left before i can have enough money to have a fullhead of hair again!

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is great news! It does sound like they have the money invested for the first clinical trial, so they should begin next year. Ironic that you of all people found this @werefckd Still think Tsuji is a joke and that Stemson will be first?

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is great news! It does sound like they have the money invested for the first clinical trial, so they should begin next year. Ironic that you of all people found this @werefckd Still think Tsuji is a joke and that Stemson will be first?
It may me because of the ambiguity caused by the translation, but I got the impression that he already started the trials? Or maybe it’s just wishful thinking on my part lol

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
It may me because of the ambiguity caused by the translation, but I got the impression that he already started the trials? Or maybe it’s just wishful thinking on my part lol
They already had regulatory approval prior to getting the money so that's possible.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Interesting part from the interview:

"It's just that there is a big problem left at this time. Hair, eyebrows, birthing hair and other parts of the hair, remember the body plan (design drawing at the time of ontogenesis) of its own generation process, in other words, remember its own hair quality And the hair cycle. However, the dermal papilla cells derived from the cultured and increased mesenchymal stem cells did not replicate their effects. That is to say, they were born in a state of losing'memory'."

It is said that in order to regenerate normal hair, it is necessary to maintain all the memories of the hair papilla from epithelial stem cells and mesenchymal stem cells, and the pigment stem cells that color the hair.

As a result, we finally reproduced the culture medium in the same environment as the location of each stem cell, and tried it, and successfully increased the follicle primordium with memory. Moreover, since the number has reached 100 times in 20 days, practical use is in sight. Nevertheless, in order to solve this problem, it had to spend 7 years. "

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dr.Tsuji can’t be joke, because he is working in one of the top 5 Japan universities. But, in the end he must prove his technology and concept on human heads. Human and mice are not same.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting part from the interview:

"It's just that there is a big problem left at this time. Hair, eyebrows, birthing hair and other parts of the hair, remember the body plan (design drawing at the time of ontogenesis) of its own generation process, in other words, remember its own hair quality And the hair cycle. However, the dermal papilla cells derived from the cultured and increased mesenchymal stem cells did not replicate their effects. That is to say, they were born in a state of losing'memory'."

It is said that in order to regenerate normal hair, it is necessary to maintain all the memories of the hair papilla from epithelial stem cells and mesenchymal stem cells, and the pigment stem cells that color the hair.

As a result, we finally reproduced the culture medium in the same environment as the location of each stem cell, and tried it, and successfully increased the follicle primordium with memory. Moreover, since the number has reached 100 times in 20 days, practical use is in sight. Nevertheless, in order to solve this problem, it had to spend 7 years. "
Does this mean it took 7 years to solve this specific problem.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol

Total invested in it so far is around US$ 4.4 millions.

“The initial hair follicle regeneration clinical trial invested about 500 million yen. If the results are confirmed, I want to spend an additional 1 billion to 1.5 billion yen to gradually increase the number of trials.”

“Cost is about 50 million yen until the first 100 people. If it becomes 10,000, it will be reduced to 25 million yen, and after that, it will be reduced to 15 million yen. The more users there are, the more likely the cost is. reduce.”

Link to the article: https://inf.news/en/science/160051c60a9cc925f5c1cba615504fdc.html

Link to the HC2020 commentary about it: https://www.hairlosscure2020.com/riken-fundraising-for-regenerative-medicine/

I hope we get more details about it, it will be so nice if Tsuji actually pulls the miracle here.
I still dont see where is the part of the “clinical trails Started” ?

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tsuji is not dead and the price for beauty, beauty is and will be high, now just wait for positive results, many new things on the horizon, we are entering a very good time for humanity, no one will give us a cure for 50k $ forget about it

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tsuji, lots of talk but nothing to show. Have no faith in this one, especially with such an amateurish approach and no real money behind the project.
if they prove effective on people, it will be a big success anyway

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sure, if. But even then, it's probably 10+ years away and maybe even longer for the average man being able to afford it.

Wouldn't put any hope in it, Tsuji won't save anyone here.
everyone wants beauty for a few dollars, this is impossible, if his treatment works, baldness will be history

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sure, if. But even then, it's probably 10+ years away and maybe even longer for the average man being able to afford it.

Wouldn't put any hope in it, Tsuji won't save anyone here.
I think you’re right. I’m anticipating intercytex the second. The next generation sure are lucky!