Aplunk1's Story - (Pictures)

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Yes, I had a baldspot, around the size of a quarter. (lol, I was only 19!)

Once I began using Rogaine, that spot regrew. The Propecia might have helped it a little bit, but I attribute the bald-spot going away to the 5% minoxidil.

G

yeah nw2 i'd say. i'd say you're still maintaining. i bet the shedding will stop entirely soon. have you noticed any temple regrowth?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Slight temple regrowth... Although it's definitely hard to say about the hairline... I feel that the hairline goes through different shedding cycles than the hair on the mid-scalp and crown.

If I can get my insurance to cover my Avodart (I've never tried), then I'll stay on it for more years.

Next big update:

December - 1 year on Avodart, 13 Months on 5% Minoxidil

Aplunk1

Reaction score
IBM said:
Clearly your hair is better than last time your post your pics.

Thanks, my friend...

I still lose lots of hair... although, I guess it's normal to lose between 20-100 hairs daily.

It just sucks when I see hair from the hairline falling out... on books, papers, the Rogaine applicator, etc... I never noticed my hair falling out on my textbooks and whatnot before I was 18.

I'm having a shitfit today because I happened to brush out about 40 hairs just combing my hair... They all went onto my white t-shirt... Last time I wear another white tee.

Felk

Reaction score
Dude i think you've pretty much eliminated any signs of hair loss...

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Thanks, Felk.

I'm having a bit of trouble with the hairline and shedded hairs... Although, I still think that I'm maintaining...

I'm definitely considering getting all of it back with Armani within 12-18 months.

G

aplunk how do youa void the smell of minoxidil with spironolactone if you apply both at night?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
JayMan said:
aplunk how do youa void the smell of minoxidil with spironolactone if you apply both at night?

I never got the smell... and if I did, it didn't smell very much at all.

I currently don't use 5% spironolactone any more... I lost my last bottle and have yet to replace it.

G

Aplunk1 said:
JayMan said:

I never got the smell... and if I did, it didn't smell very much at all.

I currently don't use 5% spironolactone any more... I lost my last bottle and have yet to replace it.

ah, i see.

do you find that it worked well for you in maintaining your hairline and temples? when you applied it, did you apply it actually on the hairline or did you apply it right below where the hair was growing on the hairline and temples?

and which in your opinion has been more effective for you, folligen or minoxidil?

and what shampoo do you use on your non-nizoral and non-tsal days?

thanks.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I think that 5% spironolactone (Dr. Lee's), in combination with 5% minoxidil and copper peptide serum is the single BEST combination of treatments to regrow your hairline.

Messy, but very effective.

I applied the topical spironolactone (and the other treatments) directly below the hairline and temples, and then worked it into the hairline and temples.

Folligen or minoxidil?

Minoxidil. By far a more effective treatment.

I don't think Folligen is worth much.

I rotate Head and Shoulder's on my off-days.

G

thanks.

do you still alternate nizoral 1% and 2% shampoo like it says in your regimen? if so, why?

G

I'd say you have significant bitemporal recession and are a Norwood 2, same as before.

Can you take pics of your hairline and temples with the hair combed back rather than forward so we can get a better look?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I thought I'd just chime in to let you know that shedding has gone down greatly.

Over the past few weeks, I've noticed a normal amount of shedding-- It's been very small, maybe less than 10 hairs daily? They come mostly from the temples/hairline.

But nonetheless, I'm excited. It seems that there is more temple regrowth (!!!!), which is really impacting the way I feel about my hair.

bilbobaggins

Established Member
Reaction score
afternoon,

during your inital shed did you experience some temporal recession...my temples are definately worse than when i first started the treatment but i think the my hair is thickening now and i'm possibly getting some regrowth, not sure about the temples though.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
bilbobaggins said:
afternoon,

during your inital shed did you experience some temporal recession...my temples are definately worse than when i first started the treatment but i think the my hair is thickening now and i'm possibly getting some regrowth, not sure about the temples though.

I do go through random shedding cycles, to this day, on the temples, temple points, hairline, top, crown, etc... It's not a matter of actual recession; it actually just appears to be thinning a little more, then the regrowth comes, and it grows in thicker.

Have you noticed actual recession, or just thinning?

bilbobaggins

Established Member
Reaction score
possibly (hopefully) just thinning, just seems more noticable at the temples or crown though. i'm in month 7 and i'm sure my hair is thickening (although i don't want to put the mockers on it). I can grow it out now and it feels much thicker...

i never had a bald spot at the crown but i was thinning, now i can feel more hair there i think although its still too early for significant growth i guess.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I'd just like to give you guys a little update.

It's been over 3 months since I've switched to Proscar.

I was on Avodart (once daily) for over 14 months, with great success. And before that, I was taking Propecia for 10.5 months.

I've been in the anti-hairloss game since January 2005, and researched it even before then! Which leads me to give a few pointers out to the N00Bs :p :

The Treatments WORK. Give them time. Ride out the first- and second-year sheds. Hair regrows back! Treat your body well!

The Big 3 are your best chances. Always research the PROVEN medicines first, then branch out if you must.

Take Pictures.

Have Patience.

I've maintained and regrown a better, fuller head of hair. Great coverage. Sure, the hairline is a bit higher than I want, but that's why I'm looking into Dr. Armani... possibly :p

Drop me a line, all you NOOBS! Haha, just kidding.

Much love
Aplunk