Aplunk1's Story - (Pictures)

tomas99

Established Member
Reaction score
Has your hairline changed since you have started your treatment (in possitive or negative way)?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
It's had it bad spots, and it's had it's regrowth.

In all, I've probably regrown and thickened up a good part of my hairline. I'm happy with it, although it is a tad high, or "mature" would be the word for it.

Edit.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Quick photo update.
Getting close to 2.5 years on internals. Shedding a normal amount.

Front:
img2488tp8.jpg

Top:
IMG_2483.jpg

Crown:
IMG_2486.jpg

Right:
IMG_2482.jpg

Left:
IMG_2480.jpg

Aplunk1

Reaction score
So I go through the trouble of documenting and presenting my hairloss regimen to thousands of people, and I don't even get any comments on the late photos?

With over 14,000 views, surely someone must have something to say about my progress.

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
AFunk,
Congrats buddy on your progress . . it's looking way much better than your earlier pics. I'd say your temples are growing in nicely and your hair seems much more thicker. Keep it up man your going in the right direction!

-Pologuy

Sean68

Reaction score
it just looks the same to me mate. ive looked at your hlh website and
it doesnt look any different to me from the first few months of that which you
must be pleased with.

i really dont think you have anything to worry about. no one could say your
hair looks any worse than a couple of years ago. like you say your hairline
is a little higher than youd ideally like (join the club) but not to the point where its a flaw if you know what i mean and thats only going to get
better as you get a bit older as your hair will be more in keeping with that if you keep maintaining.

not the greatest wording in the world but im sure you get me. :) [/b]

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
whats up afunkster,
your hair looks fine..if i was you though i would trim the sides because they seem to be poofing out a bit,
and shave the sideburns on a lower number and make them not going into your chin- they only accentuate the hairline believe it or not. At least in my opinion, the neater the hair is the less noticeable any hair loss is. WHen the sides and sideburns are all long and shaggy looking is when it brings attention to the entire region.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Pologuy514,
Thanks buddy for the fast reply. I also believe that my temples are holding up pretty well. I'm thinking about adding 5% spironolactone lotion back into the mix, because that was the king of all treatments that regrew my hairline the best. Thanks again for the kind words.

Sean68,
thanks brother. I wish that I had better quality photos when I first started BOTH Propecia and Dutasteride. But still, I think that I've had some temple regrowth. You definitely hit the nail on the head-- I wish my hairline weren't so high, but what can I do? We can't all be Taugenichts. :lol: Thanks for words again mate.

JayB,
hah, you're so right. Yeah, I had bedhead on the day I took those photos, but I'm definitely going to trim the sides and the sideburns. I've noticed that they've been poofing out. I keep it all pretty short, for the most part, because when it grows out it becomes incredibly wavy and curly, even my facial hair. Good eye. Thanks magn.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Just a quick update:

After nearly 6 months of quitting dutasteride (for MONEY reasons), this is the worst shedding I have EVER experienced. My hair represents nothing like it does in the preceding photos on this page. My right temple is awful, with the recession going into the higher Norwood 2 stages. The crown, in particular, is diffusing. And lastly, my hair on the sides and back is quickly falling out, too.

My heart just dropped when, for the first time, I've had my hair long enough that I literally clogged the drain this morning. I managed to count 60+ hairs before I gave up. I was like a bear this morning.

Ehhhhh....

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
You quit dutasteride just for money?

What if you start losing hair again with finas?

Sorry, but I don't think it's worth to make that risk just to save up some money. I mean, if dutas was working for you. Or maybe you switched due of side effects.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Over time, it looks like you have gotten back density on top, looks good.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I was told by a highly respected poster to give it 2 months. It's already been 1 month of intense shedding, so maybe I'll give it another month.

If I had a nickle for everytime I've explained my reasons for quitting dutasteride, I would be a very rich man.

Over and over again, I've taken great patience to write about dutasteride experience... But still, I always get private messages and in-thread interrogations about it.

I need to include it in my signature.

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
The only reason I am reading in your profile and in your page is that you quit due of money reasons..

if you say there are reasonS, why are you not writing about them in public?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Quick update:

It's been over a week on Avodart, and I've noticed:

Disappearance of acne.
Overall skin improvements.
Some tiredness.

That's all for now-- I will be providing tons of pictures in a few days.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
it looks like u are getting a little of your density back. Keep at it man

Aplunk1

Reaction score
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/aplunk1/

Scroll all the way down to the 2 new galleries. One includes shots taken the day of beginning dutasteride, and the other shows shots todays, over 2 weeks after starting Avodart.

I'm having some normal shedding, but that's not related to Dutasteride, because I just started that over 2 weeks ago. Still, sucks hard seeing your hairs after a nice shower.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Great improvement!!!

purecontrol

Established Member
Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
I forgot to mention a big increase in the frequency of urination.

Have you noticed anything such as sore/hot/itchy niples? This can be an sign of higher estrogen levels.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
purecontrol said:
Aplunk1 said:
I forgot to mention a big increase in the frequency of urination.

Have you noticed anything such as sore/hot/itchy niples? This can be an sign of higher estrogen levels.

sensetive nipples wont be too good lol