Anyone used minoxidilmax.com?

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Shift said:
From the link:

Subject: your message to Minoxidilmax
On the contrary, I think the Ebay feedback is the most truthful and unbiased proof, because they are real feedbacks left from real people. We had 5.0 out 5.0 in the category of "item as described" since December, 2009. No one else who sells hair loss product has or had 5.0 out of 5.0 in the category of "item as described", not even for one single day. How many days have we been on this ranking? It is over 400 days. Please be advised this ranking is not from one, two, or even 100 people; it is a result of over 2000 real people!!!

I don't know if there is any better proof than that. I am sorry. Do you think if I tell you that we are legit and our products manufactured in GMP certified facility will convince you more about the quality of our products? Do you think the quality/effectiveness of the product is proportional to the quality of the website? Then you really should go online and buy some "natural herb" hair loss products.
Thanks,
LG

Hi Shift,

Yes thats a small part of the whole link... do you feel Ebay feedback is a good way of judging the safety of a product?

Do you feel the tone of their response is that of a reputable company?

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
Ok so get it tested....

How would we do this?

Using their own testing kit? Would that not show positive results regardless? It is their own testing kit after all.

Or is there another way of doing the testing?

What are your thoughts on the link?

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
ajax said:
finfighter said:
Ok so get it tested....

How would we do this?

Using their own testing kit? Would that not show positive results regardless? It is their own testing kit after all.

Or is there another way of doing the testing?

What are your thoughts on the link?

From the link I don't see a reason not to use their product.

Find a chemist to analyze the product.

I dont think most people on here would know a chemist to test their product in all fairness.

It seems that my concerns and those on The Bald Truth aren't realised here, not sure why but fair enough.

Perosnally I'd rather avoid them, they dont come across as a very trustworthy company in my eyes

JWM

Reaction score
I doubt MinoxidilMax will do a minoxidil and Retin-a product. Retin-a is a prescription product. Lee and Klein get (got!) away with it because of consultations. I'll be you MMax uses RETINOL instead of Retin-a.

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
JWM said:
I doubt MinoxidilMax will do a minoxidil and Retin-a product. Retin-a is a prescription product. Lee and Klein get (got!) away with it because of consultations. I'll be you MMax uses RETINOL instead of Retin-a.

What's the difference? I always thought they were the same thing?

JWM

Reaction score
NO WAY. Retinol is Retin-a's baby sister--and even that's giving too much credit IMO. Trust me, you want retin-a/Tretinoin, NOT Retinol.

JWM

Reaction score
Sad truth:

We lost a VERY heplful supplier of hair loss meds when we lost the good Dr. Lee.

FDA = _________ (fill in the blank)

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
JWM said:
NO WAY. Retinol is Retin-a's baby sister--and even that's giving too much credit IMO. Trust me, you want retin-a/Tretinoin, NOT Retinol.

Thanks for the info!

I am using Shaltop (3% minoxidil + tretinoin) since Dr Lee's sad demise, but as its only 3% minoxidil i've been looking at 5% alternatives... some had Retinol which I presumed was the same thing... so you've save me from making a mistake there! :bravo:

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
All I care about at the moment is fast drying and low PPG.

Cassin you may be interested in this product which I just noticed has appeared on biovea/agestop etc:
MINOXIDIL 5% SPECTRAL.MX5 (Low Alcohol Formula)

Can't seem to find any more information about it on the web though, even on the DS Laboratories site. But you could maybe email them to find out about it. I'd probably trust DS over these random companies tbh.

EDIT: As I was placing an order anyway and this stuff is pretty cheap I tagged 2 bottles of the stuff onto my order. Will post how I get on with it. I don't really get irritation from PPG products but I should be able to compare it to Kirkland and Rxgaine in terms of drying time/greasiness/flaking. :)

slacker86

Reaction score
So what's the general consensus on minoxidil max from those that have used their products? Very tempted. Nearly been a year off the minoxidil now due to irritation. Have tried rogain, spectral dnc and foam with no success. My hair is less full than it was 10 months into minoxidil (irritation came out of nowhere), though recently appears to be improving after a disastrous shed 6 or 7 months after minoxidil cessation.

Ted Stryker

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a lab which can test the strength of their solutions? If we all chipped in and paid for a lab test I'm sure it wouldn't be too expensive. I'm beginning to have my doubts about this company. After Dr. Lee crashed and burned I had to switch and I've lost ground in the last few months. I can't say that it is due to this company's products but I would like to make sure they're legit.

On a side note, I contacted a compounding pharmacy and they replied that the price for 60 ml of 5% minoxidil is $49 (+$5 for every additive) and $69 (+$5 for every additive) for 12.5%. I know this pharmacy is legit but the prices are really high. So we're screwed either way. Thank you FDA for making our lives even more miserable!!!

Shift

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
Got it...took 4 days...came from Maryland.

Packing and instructions are far more professional than Dr Lees.

We'll see how it goes.

Any impressions about time to dry that it takes. I know it's too early to talk about any effectivnes.

Cassin

Reaction score
Shift said:
Cassin said:
Got it...took 4 days...came from Maryland.

Packing and instructions are far more professional than Dr Lees.

We'll see how it goes.

Any impressions about time to dry that it takes. I know it's too early to talk about any effectivnes.

Haven't used it yet but I will this weekend.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
I use their essegen -5% NO PG. Best minoxidil ive used and that includes nanominox.

Clean, fast dying and not too greasy.

Fast shipment, great communication. Very professional all over.

I've also used their lipogain stuff. It's excellent too but i cant tolerate the PG. I might have a spare bottle knocking about i could probably sell one cheap to someone in the UK for a 10er or whatever if they wanted to trial it.

lazman

Reaction score
i have lost ground too. nothing compares to dr. lee's No PG version that i have been on for years with great success. since i cant find a decent PG free version that works well since dr.lee is out. I might go with the foam. im thinking about trying genhair though

longhair1983

Established Member
Reaction score
Does genhair have any product similar to Dr lee' xandrox-5 without PG? Is it in USA? I hate to buy stuff outside USA. The shipping time is so unpredictable.

WarLord

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a lab which can test the strength of their solutions? If we all chipped in and paid for a lab test I'm sure it wouldn't be too expensive. I'm beginning to have my doubts about this company. After Dr. Lee crashed and burned I had to switch and I've lost ground in the last few months. I can't say that it is due to this company's products but I would like to make sure they're legit.

On a side note, I contacted a compounding pharmacy and they replied that the price for 60 ml of 5% minoxidil is $49 (+$5 for every additive) and $69 (+$5 for every additive) for 12.5%. I know this pharmacy is legit but the prices are really high. So we're screwed either way. Thank you FDA for making our lives even more miserable!!!

Damn! I just found out that these laboratories
http://www.arlok.com/samples.asp
can do it for 150 USD only.

Why has nobody bothered to test it so far? It is irritating to live in such an uncertainty!

HPotter_66_hp

Reaction score
Agree with Warlord

Yes, I agree with Warlord, we all can chip in 20 bucks to let it be tested by that laboratory. Allthough I am from the netherlands, I can pay someone by paypal.

Warlord, we can also suggest this in an other forum..I am reading more forums with this sugestion.

Minox_Baby

Established Member
Reaction score
I just thought I would give you a heads up on MinoxidilMax.com

In a sentence - the biggest mistake I ever made.

I got really bad sides from MinoxidilMax 5% PG free. Previously I had been using Kirkland 5% and Dr Lee's PG free 5% for 8 years with no problems at all.

Sides I ended up with:-

Facial Rosacea
Bad dark circles under my eyes.

Sides I had during use:-

Kidney Pains
Heart Problems
Low blood pressure

At the height of these problems I walked into A&E last summer due to dizzyness at work and heart pains. Luckily I was ok.

I have also become very depressed because of what it has done to my face and eyes. A fit and healthy 33 year old shouldn't look like this. It has really hacked me off.

Also, why the hell did the FDA have to bust Dr Lee? I mean he made the best minoxidil in the world.

Get this:

7 years of Dr Lee minoxidil - no sides.
12 months of Minoxidil Max - sides within a few months of use.

I know I can't prove anything conclusive about this but it is a bit of a coincidence to say the least.

I've got a feeling that 15% was put into a 5% bottle. Or either it was laced with something toxic. Either way all I know was it was rat poison. It probably made in China or India with no QC at all. I know on the website it doesn't state that its made in the USA does it?

Now you know why they refuse to answer questions on product safety (manufacturing process etc.)

Please be wary of this company.