Anyone taking 10mg or more daily of oral minoxidil?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you get any side affects from taking oral castor oil?
He will answer I am sure but the main side effect for me was gastric distress even from low amounts. Now I just put some on the tip of my finger a few times a week but I have been using it topically a lot. No sides there except it is a chore to get out of one's hair. You really need to be able to dunk your head a lot to get it out unless you shampoo it out but to me, that sort of takes away a lot of the benefits in terms of not stripping hair bare in a female context.

Janey

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any of you use a scalp massager tool in the shower?

I have just started using one but am noticing im losing a lot more hair with it while i shower.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any of you use a scalp massager tool in the shower?

I have just started using one but am noticing im losing a lot more hair with it while i shower.
did you get huge hypertrichosis from oral min 5 mg?
Me the only side which bother me is unwanted body hair. I have been on 1.25 mg for 35 days and i get longer belly hair/ even on shouler/ lower back and that sucks a lot... i hope they willl not grow until they reach 10 cm..

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Me the only side which bother me is unwanted body hair. I have been on 1.25 mg for 35 days and i get longer belly hair/ even on shouler/ lower back and that sucks a lot... i hope they willl not grow until they reach 10 cm..
not huge just slightly noticeable but im not very hairy anyway so it was alright

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score

Never had any issues with unwanted body hair, had no hair on chest or back before i started, still don't. I honestly for some strange reason think im not that a great responder to oral minoxidil, especially when compared to that guy who recently made the thread who has hair everywhere, no idea why im not responding well though, i take 10mg loniten same as him, have done for ages now. My temples aren't perfect but of no real concern, it is my crown that is bad. I honestly think i have some form of scarring alopecia on a specific area of my crown.

Lurker otto

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys what do you use for water retention??
Dandelion root dont do anything for me, and i dont want to use spironolactone.
I was thinking in taurine. Any ideas?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys what do you use for water retention??
Dandelion root dont do anything for me, and i dont want to use spironolactone.
I was thinking in taurine. Any ideas?

If dandelion root didn't work you are going to need to use a prescribed medication, how bad is your water retention? what dosage of oral min are you on?

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If dandelion root didn't work you are going to need to use a prescribed medication, how bad is your water retention? what dosage of oral min are you on?
what natural diuretics would you recommend? m face looks puffy af rn on oral min hopefully it will improve . thankns

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
what natural diuretics would you recommend? m face looks puffy af rn on oral min hopefully it will improve . thankns
usually people
who suffer from a bloated face just take half of the oral
minoxidil they used to take and bloating is gone...

Lurker otto

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im on 11mg oral minoxidil. Its not súper bad, but my face is a little Bloated. The thing is that i cant get dandelion root supps, only dandelion leafs. The diuretic effect is in the roots? Maybe i can get the whole plant and make a tea.
Whats hawthorn? How do you take it?

Hairstani

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cranberry extract. Can be bought for relatively cheap in powder form, or in capsules. Supposedly should also have positive benefits for kidneys.

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im on 11mg oral minoxidil. Its not súper bad, but my face is a little Bloated. The thing is that i cant get dandelion root supps, only dandelion leafs. The diuretic effect is in the roots? Maybe i can get the whole plant and make a tea.
Whats hawthorn? How do you take it?

any regrowth on 11mg? more hair, not more face of course^^

Lurker otto

My Regimen
Reaction score
any regrowth on 11mg? more hair, not more face of course^^
I was on 5mg for a year with okey results, but i want to regrow some hair in the hairline so i upped the dose. Its been 3 months so to early to tell, i hope i can get some regrowth at the 6 month mark.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Never had any issues with unwanted body hair, had no hair on chest or back before i started, still don't. I honestly for some strange reason think im not that a great responder to oral minoxidil, especially when compared to that guy who recently made the thread who has hair everywhere, no idea why im not responding well though, i take 10mg loniten same as him, have done for ages now. My temples aren't perfect but of no real concern, it is my crown that is bad. I honestly think i have some form of scarring alopecia on a specific area of my crown.
really no unwanted hair anywhere? that is lucky! how long have you been on it?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was on 5mg for a year with okey results, but i want to regrow some hair in the hairline so i upped the dose. Its been 3 months so to early to tell, i hope i can get some regrowth at the 6 month mark.
did you get unwanted body hair from such masive dosage?

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
thx! im still on 5mg and only for a month now... just because that is what people seem to tale without any further issues, while regrowing hair...
in case i am not satisfied, i can just up the dose...

quite sure that more body hair happens to people who are somehow hairy anyway, but i dont think that people who arent grow black hair under their feet all of a sudden... if there is anything i dont like its body hair, chest hair being the worst... but for regrowth on the head, i take that risk any day... worst case is shaving it off...