Anyone taking 10mg or more daily of oral minoxidil?

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on 5mg daily and thinking to up to 10mg due to not seeing sufficient results. However i am well aware of the dangers around using oral minoxidil so wanted to reach out to anyone who is currently taking 10mg or more daily.

rapper dude

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on 5mg daily and thinking to up to 10mg due to not seeing sufficient results. However i am well aware of the dangers around using oral minoxidil so wanted to reach out to anyone who is currently taking 10mg or more daily.
How did you get it and where?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think RYSteve93 is the resident expert on oral min and he/they might be on tonight. He was using large amounts with HRT like me and reporting excellent regrowth. He likes to be called, "mate" so he must be Aussie:)

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I take 365mg once per year
Yeah. I tried that and believe it or not, it only works if you spread it out, at least no more than every couple of days. Some people have had issues after drinking an entire bottle with becoming were-wolf-like everywhere.

Here enjoy this pic of Auntie and I am only being tongue in cheek like the previous poster. I don't recommend more than 5 mg but some sources state 10mg is safe too. I think splitting the dose is likely to minimize issues from higher amounts like my 12.5mg morning and evening:)

1620011144478.png

Last edited:

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I take 10mg at night, been taking mostly that for a good while now, you should be fine, i have had blood pressure taken during that time along with ECG etc everything was fine. I would just bump it up from 5mg to 10mg and give it 6 to 12 months.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I take 10mg at night, been taking mostly that for a good while now, you should be fine, i have had blood pressure taken during that time along with ECG etc everything was fine. I would just bump it up from 5mg to 10mg and give it 6 to 12 months.
Thanks Derelict. I really have appreciated your help. I think I asked you to convert Loniten mg's to ml's and you gave me the number. I was trying to help someone earlier calculate how much two percent and I was doing all of the math but math sort of makes my head hurt and I have so much else going on in there:)

he_who_dares_wins

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any particular reason you take it at night and not in the morning?
I'm taking it in the morning and it makes me feel tired. Tried taking it at night and I couldn't sleep that well.

Reciprocity

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah. I tried that and believe it or not, it only works if you spread it out, at least no more than every couple of days. Some people have had issues after drinking an entire bottle with becoming were-wolf-like everywhere.

Here enjoy this pic of Auntie and I am only being tongue in cheek like the previous poster. I don't recommend more than 5 mg but some sources state 10mg is safe too. I think splitting the dose is likely to minimize issues from higher amounts like my 12.5mg morning and evening:)

View attachment 161522

We've been over this before. This guy's regime was extreme but he was in fact not on oral minoxidil.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
We've been over this before. This guy's regime was extreme but he was in fact not on oral minoxidil.
You make it sound as though you are annoyed. Please provide a reference for your statement that he was not on oral min. I do have a good memory but I don't particularly remember you at all. I'm sorry.

It's all hearsay to me but then you explain the bizarre undergrowth below the hairline. That seems to be hypertrichosis. None of Bridge's meds cause that except oral minoxidil, nor any of mine which are similar to Bridge's. I find it hard to understand why people would have wanted to look like that. That is worse than being bald. Not to mention that I never said Antydhtor was using oral min in any of the above posts although it is not an unreasonable inference on your part.

Last edited:

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had mine prescribed by a dermatologist so i just get it from the chemist.

Haha yeah RYsteve and i spoke a few times, I am English but we both live in Australia so its easier for us to get oral minoxidil here. Last time i spoke to him he said he had pretty much achieved the results he wanted so wasn't using this forum much anymore.

I think ill give the 10mg daily a go and see how it is. I have heard splitting the dosage so 5mg twice a day helps to reduce the likelihood of side affects but i don't know it it then also affects the efficacy?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had mine prescribed by a dermatologist so i just get it from the chemist.

Haha yeah RYsteve and i spoke a few times, I am English but we both live in Australia so its easier for us to get oral minoxidil here. Last time i spoke to him he said he had pretty much achieved the results he wanted so wasn't using this forum much anymore.

I think ill give the 10mg daily a go and see how it is. I have heard splitting the dosage so 5mg twice a day helps to reduce the likelihood of side affects but i don't know it it then also affects the efficacy?
Yes, he PM'ed me and was very courteous. I love anyone using HRT who is "just in it for the hair: That's how we all start off <laughs diabolically>

You know I think that the sides for me max'ed out at 5mg. They didn't seem to get worse at the higher doses, for me namely scratchier beard growth.

Lurker otto

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi! Im in the same position. I been on 5mg daily for a year with some results. I bump it from 5 mg to 10mg, two and a half months ago. For now i just got more body hair.
Do you think i can see progress When i hit the 6 month mark with 10mg daily? Or even the 12 month mark?

Sorry for my english

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi! Im in the same position. I been on 5mg daily for a year with some results. I bump it from 5 mg to 10mg, two and a half months ago. For now i just got more body hair.
Do you think i can see progress When i hit the 6 month mark with 10mg daily? Or even the 12 month mark?

Sorry for my english

Yeah, give the 10mg oral minoxidil 6-12 months, may i suggest oral castor oil in combination with oral minoxidil? 5 or 10ml in the morning. I find it works much better than i thought it would and works well with oral minoxidil, don't worry about your english.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, give the 10mg oral minoxidil 6-12 months, may i suggest oral castor oil in combination with oral minoxidil? 5 or 10ml in the morning. I find it works much better than i thought it would and works well with oral minoxidil, don't worry about your english.
man sorry to bother you but i'm especifically looking to get some eyebrows and eyelashes hypertrichosis ( as i'm loosing both badly) what would be the recommended dosage of oral min for that ? i started at 1.25 then 2.5 and had weird cardiac sides my resting resting went 15/20 bpm higher than what it is usually so decided to stop but i'm planning to try again. thanks

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, he PM'ed me and was very courteous. I love anyone using HRT who is "just in it for the hair: That's how we all start off <laughs diabolically>

You know I think that the sides for me max'ed out at 5mg. They didn't seem to get worse at the higher doses, for me namely scratchier beard growth.
are you still using minoxidil on your eyelashes and if so did you notice results? I see in the pic you posted from the other user uing hrt drugs than he manage o get some nice eyebrows gains do you think it' s due to the 16% minoxidil usage or is that percentage useless in comparaison o using oral min . thanks and sorry for my questions

Lurker otto

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the response!
Yes, i used castor oil but for a short period of time. 2-3 ML with foods was the only way for me to tolerate it. May be if i spread the dose into 2-3 ML twice a day i can tolerate it better?
How many months for you to see results from oral castor oil?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
man sorry to bother you but i'm especifically looking to get some eyebrows and eyelashes hypertrichosis ( as i'm loosing both badly) what would be the recommended dosage of oral min for that ? i started at 1.25 then 2.5 and had weird cardiac sides my resting resting went 15/20 bpm higher than what it is usually so decided to stop but i'm planning to try again. thanks

Im honestly not sure, seems you don't tolerate oral minoxidil that well, while 2.5mg is effective, 5mg was shown to be much more effective with a solid safety profile. Try taking oral castor oil if you can, my eyelashes and eyebrows have thickened up quite a bit with a combination of castor oil and oral min. Another thing you could try is MSM, 2 or 3g with 1g vitamin C.

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the response!
Yes, i used castor oil but for a short period of time. 2-3 ML with foods was the only way for me to tolerate it. May be if i spread the dose into 2-3 ML twice a day i can tolerate it better?
How many months for you to see results from oral castor oil?
Did you get any side affects from taking oral castor oil?