Anyone seeing Dr Rogers in the UK?

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
Hiya Whiskey - good to hear from you again.

I can feel the hairs are stronger that are growing and I do notice new ones appearing...I had a routine photo taken about a month ago and was disappointed as my scalp was still showing through but I guess thats because the new hair is still thin at this point. I guess as I've probably said before the good aspect of the gradual improvement is that everyone around you doesn't notice any dramatic change either.

Psychologically I feel more confident knowing I'm moving in the right direction. I'm quite keen though to see the end result and how it fills out and to see if I get a growth surge at all over the 7-9 month stage...

Anyway good luck - sounds like it's all working out for you, being further down the line you'll have a better idea what to expect from previous results. It sounds like it's given you a psychological boost too! :)

maol2006

Reaction score
Just thought I'd chip in and say I had 2000 grafts to the front and top with Dr Rogers in early April. Reported back after 18 weeks, when it seemed that my growth was more typical of 14 weeks. 'Wispy' was a fair categorisation. Get the sense from your posts that you may also be a relatively slow grower.

As for MSM, I've been using it since the end of May. If you're ham-fisted like me then it increases fingernail splintering, if nothing else.

And the initial procedure? I'd say there's nothing to worry about if anyone is contemplating the same. No swelling afterwards -- but perhaps I was just lucky. Then there's the joy of smashing a psychological barrier.

G

Everyone grows at different rates and growth takes time. Growth spurts can come in at various months and then a phase of maturing will take place.

You need to be patient and allow the grow to mature and establish :)
Good growth to all!!!!

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that Spex - I'm still taking one MSM pill a day - I'm not sure if it's having an effect but it makes me feel that I could be getting a boost.

I do know that I'm moving in the right direction and feeling better for it. :)

Vega

Reaction score
good to hear how things are going with you guys,

im 12 months post op - and also 4 months post op on the second procedure (both with rogers)

my experience has told me that the second procedure looks alot better than the first one, i've got growth at the 4 month stage, which i didnt in the first procedure, however, at 12 months i have to say the first procedure is still slightly better than satisfactory. Also i know what im looking for now.

I think its from month 9 onwards you start to get the results, probably because the hairs start to get longer and cover more scalp. (but also you begin to accept the results you have got and look to the positive). At month 12, the transplanted hairs are like normal hairs, thick and full of colour.

i think its been worth every penny, i would do it all again, i remember how low and upset i was before, and now i've got more or less decent hair. Finasteride helps alot too.

smalley

Reaction score
I had 500 fue do in march and began dutasteride in december. I think dutasteride has done me well and the fues are kicking in, i think due to the timing conflict its hard to tell, however ive got grade 3 hair cut with a little toppik and it looks great cant tell im losing hair know.
In short im happy as can be for the cost i paid for the surgery and hope more hair may grow in the following months to come.
Ps how the hell do you apply Dermatch ?
Wish you all the success ive had :D

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd give an update to say I saw Doctor Rogers back in October and have arranged to get another 1500 grafts this January. I've definitely seen an improvement since the first 2000 grafts back in Jan last year and I'm hoping this further transplant will thicken up my hair sufficiently so that my scalp won't show at all when my hair's dry.

So hows everybody else getting on? :)

Vega

Reaction score
haven't followed this thread for a while, but as dr Rogers appears to be going through a difficult time at the moment i thought it would be appropriate to offer some support for him. As a former patient who is almost 2 years, 2 procedures and 3500 grafts down the road, i have to say my life is completely changed. It thanks largely to his excellent, honest work, which has also been accompanied by a change in my personal attitude towards life. When male pattern baldness is no longer a problem life becomes alot more relaxing.

I think sorting your hair out can give a person a massive amount of confidence in their ability to solve other problems that may arise in life.

hair transplant is definately something i'd recommend, and dr rogers is definately a surgeon i'd recommend. I have no regrets in the process at all.

How is everyone else doing? perhaps they might also like to offer him some support.

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
It's great to hear from you again Vega. Fantastic news that your hair transplant work has made you feel so much better about life. Issues over hairloss are no longer on my mind and I feel my life has that feel good factor again! :)

Following the two procedures I've discussed in this thread I've started to really see the overall effects in the last few months. I found the first procedure of 1800 grafts showed some difference but the impact has been much better with the second 2000 grafts. I'm not sure but I think when the second procedure was done it may have slowed down overall progress with more temporary shockloss. I would say 18 months after the first procedure I'm starting to feel much more satisfied. From my experience I think it will be another 12 months to see the full results from both procedures. At that stage I'd be pleased to have pictures taken to support Dr R's work.

It was from the favourable comments made on this board that I first decided to meet with Dr R and I similarly have no regrets whatsoever.

I too would recommend Dr Rogers without hesitation. My personal experience of both him and his staff has been without fault.

maol2006

Reaction score
I can only say that in my experience a Rogers strip transplant does what it says on the tin. I have two fairly modest transplants of 1850 and 1367 grafts from Apr 2006 and Nov 2006 and the second [crown] one is now slowly maturing and reducing the scepticism that I had.

This thing has blown up at an unfortunate time as I’m due to go back for a third procedure to finish things off. On the other hand, thanks to the previous work, I’m feeling a lot more relaxed about things than I was 18 months ago.

I’ve said before that Dr Rogers has been a good person to deal with -- in fact I’ve found him straighter than about 85% of the people that I’ve been dealing with in certain non-hair transplant related areas of late. :-x That’s my experience and I’m not going to spin round and say something different now.

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
I attempted to defend Dr Rogers on a forum called "Hair Loss Help" and have been locked out by the moderator there which I find totally unexpected and incredible. I cannot post to defend myself against the mud slinging being thrown at me subsequently.

The main criticism is the fact that I don't wish to show pictures until I am satisfied that I see the full results. I find it frustrating but I'm not being bullied by a moderator. I hasten to add I was not abusive in anyway, I did question the accusations being made against Dr Rogers.

From my experience on here we have a group of genuine posters and I'll carry on posting here. It saddens me that as a genuine poster I have been treated no better than a common criminal by a moderator on that forum for expressing reasoned views.

Just reading the latest comments of the moderator on that HLH forum I've been branded a liar - I really don't understand how that came about? I am heartened to see some people coming to my defence. It's frustrating watching someone assassinate my character in this way without the ability to defend myself.

Once again I reiterate I find this forum a good place to be and in two years of posting I've never had a problem with a moderator.

maol2006

Reaction score
Thought I'd go back on HairLossHelp for a last swipe at Farrel. His post had said he would ban me if I told lies. Perhaps he "knew" that in advance, because I was refused permission to log in. Seems that he revealed a little bit more of his true colours there.

Incidentally, have you noticed the 'wavery' nature of some of Haggis' signatures that clutter our screen? He seems a bit unsure if his procedure was 10 or 11 years ago and if he was 19 or 20 at the time. [Bet he goes and changes it now.] Of course, we would be jumped on if anything we said about times could be called in question. :cry:

Anyway, feast yer eyes on this: :)

http://stophairlossnow.ipbhost.com/inde ... topic=2778

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
I think a doctor should be judged by his screwups rather than his successes. There are several people who have told their stories and shown pics of Roger's poor work. Although there are a couple posters who claim good results, I have not seen pictues, so how can we verify that they are not shills? Even if Roger's patients had good results, the examples of the people he screwed up are what he should be judged by. I have never seen anybody complain about the doctors generally regarded as the top in the U.S. and Canada, H&W, Rahal, Armani, etc.

I would never go to Rogers.

maol2006

Reaction score
"There are several people who have told their stories"

mmmm, Rumpelstiltskin?

But I'm not a "Rogers shill". There may be issues with his FUE. I don't know, because I was never remotely interested in researching FUE.

I noticed someone had harsh words to say about Dr Martinick recently, although most of the earlier stuff I'd read about her was pretty positive.

Whatever people think about doctors let's try to qualify and consider things a bit? I know that opinions about Rogers have veered all over the place. "He's great...no, he's average...he's f***ing garbage..wait, he just posted some pics!...".

Putting "The Muppet Show" critics online doesn't really help yer average punter make a good decision.

haggis

Reaction score
maol2006 said:
Incidentally, have you noticed the 'wavery' nature of some of Haggis' signatures that clutter our screen? He seems a bit unsure if his procedure was 10 or 11 years ago and if he was 19 or 20 at the time. [Bet he goes and changes it now.] Of course, we would be jumped on if anything we said about times could be called in question. :cry:

Anyway, feast yer eyes on this: :)

http://stophairlossnow.ipbhost.com/inde ... topic=2778

My first hair transplant with rogers was 1997 when i was 19 and the second was 1998 when i was 20. All my pictures are genuine examples of rogers work.
Where are your pictures? most people that have a good result have no problem showing others. :roll:

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
It's great to see Dr Roger's explanation of what happened - as I expected it's been an incident well overblown.

Back on that HLH forum moderator Farrell has now stated I don't post from Glasgow but in fact London! He appears to doing anything he can to discredit me. I'm trying not to take it personally but it's frustrating to watch.

It's good to see that some posters there have considered I was legitimate. I don't think there's anything wrong with me choosing to show my results when I'm ready to do so - naive as I've been accused because I want to wait for the final results 2 years 6 months after the first procedure. I feel there's so much intense pressure to decry work done in the UK. As was said with one poster, it's intimidating and I totally agree - it's not a comfortable board on which to post positive news on procedures in the UK. Also I think we perhaps also have a different culture in the UK - surgery like this is I believe may be considered a much more intimate thing and I feel it would be damaging to present results to people looking to criticise and rubbish the surgery we have paid for.

I get the feeling from Farrell's unwarranted backlash towards me that he is happy to ban UK posters who attempt to support UK work as it's of no interest whatsoever for him being based in the States however I would like to think this is not the case.

If the ban was removed due to this apparent misunderstanding of my intentions I would be happy to return to that board and continue to voice my genuine views.