Anyone seeing Dr Rogers in the UK?

whiskey

Established Member
Reaction score
LC_Vega said:
did you get strip or fue ? How many grafts ?

hi whiskey, thanks for your reply.

i got strip done, as it seemed much more logical choice, 1700 grafts. 1200 in hairline the rest in the back crown area

i've got some thats fairly thick growth around the centre hairline and less thick around the right temple area, the left is not really showing anything yet.

If the area still looks thin, even though the transplanted hairs are growing, does this improve with time?? what was your hair like to compare at 5 months, and one year?

thanks LC

It sounds like your hair is growing around the same rate as mine did. For me there was a big big difference between 5 months and a year. At 5 months mine was a mixture of thin whispey hairs and stubble. By the year mark it had pretty much grown in, the stubble had grown out & the whispey hairs got thicker.
I know it's hard to be patient but the best thing to do is to try forget about it. Stop checking it in the mirror so much & try to get on with life. In a few months it'll all be worth it.
When you check it every day you don't actually notice the improvement. It's only afterwards when you think back to what it was like before that you notice the difference. It'd be great if it all grew straight away & we got that *wow* effect but unfortunately hair doesn't grow like that.

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
rutters said:
another great post m8..very useful. I'm not back at work till 27th so should be OK.

Regarding the stitches, did you ring your GP's practice for an appointment with a nurse to remove them?

thanks again

Yes I just called the local Practice - seems to be routine.

Latest for me on progress is that the "crusts" have largely gone and the grafts are still in position just a slight pinkiness about that area of my head. I reckon about 25 grafts fell away with crusts - I understand it's expected that will happen.

Nobody in the office has said a word - they wouldn't hold back if they thought I'd had something done - not in a nasty way but a bit of ribbing - in reality it's the last thing I've realised they would think of. No one but us really look that closely at our own scalps naturally enough!

I've come to realise the public are largely ignorant of such procedures certainly in the UK. 7-8 months ago I certainly was too.

Vega

Reaction score
I know it's hard to be patient but the best thing to do is to try forget about it. Stop checking it in the mirror so much & try to get on with life

thanks for the advice again whiskey, a few people have said, not to look at it, and just get on with things. im trying my best just to look at it once a week. Its maybe the most frustrating thing i've ever experienced, the will-it-grow, wont-it-grow waiting. i suppose once your hair has grown, with hindsight the second transplant is alot less stressfull. I think one of the problems i've got is that i wasn't totally bald in the area and many of the original hairs, are fine and whispy as well (as they are before they fall out due to male pattern baldness) so its hard to tell which are new hairs and which are doomed!

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
It's now 4 weeks after my 2000 grafts and I reckon this is the toughest part. Just went for first haircut since the surgery yesterday and it always looks at it's thinnest at this point. The graft hairs have been disappearing so everything's starting to look as it was before. Before this the grafts in the recedeing area made it look less bald. No shockloss problems at least as I thought I might have even less hair. No one has commented on my hair so I'm pleased my surgery remains undetected! And I know thats not because they're being polite - many of the people I know wouldn't be so subtle! :)

I suppose I'm at least one month closer to seeing the benefits.

Vega

Reaction score
my hair transplant with rogers was about 5 1/2 months ago now carter - its just now slowly starting to "kick in". I'd say its probably about at 30-40% of what the final result will be. so if your like me you probably now got a 4 month wait or so. Rogers is an excellent surgeon in every respect, and his staff are first rate. Guess you just have to grit your teeth and wait now.

i remember that stage when the hair transplant scabs were still there, they take along time for every single one to disapear. maybe as many as 3 months for ALL to disapear in my case. But you do get a slight impression of what the final result might look like.

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks LC

I certainly have faith in Dr R and that the results will come through. Last night I attended a wedding reception and It's always good to look your best at these things - it reminded me of why I went for the transplant in the first place, so has made me feel keener to see results.

whiskey

Established Member
Reaction score
I had the last of my 4 FUE sessions with Dr Rogers last week. The scabs are coming off now so the long wait is about to begin again for the fourth time. By Christmas they'll be asking me to be the new James Bond I bet you.
I'll sort of miss my little trips to Stratford. I'm going to go back down to let Dr Rogers take some final "after" shots once it's all grown out.

Good growth to you fellas. :)

pete24

Reaction score
ive got my visit coming up end of march.

I am booked in on a friday and going back to work the following wednesday. I know this is probably too soon but Dr rogers reckoned that becasue my recession wasnt that bad, I could cover up the scabs pretty well by brushing my hair forward.

Mine is only a fill in job. The line is still there, but its been thinning out from the front to about an inch in over the last 10 years.

He reckons my end result should look superb.

Hope so!!

whiskey

Established Member
Reaction score
pete24 said:
ive got my visit coming up end of march.

I am booked in on a friday and going back to work the following wednesday. I know this is probably too soon but Dr rogers reckoned that becasue my recession wasnt that bad, I could cover up the scabs pretty well by brushing my hair forward.

Mine is only a fill in job. The line is still there, but its been thinning out from the front to about an inch in over the last 10 years.

He reckons my end result should look superb.

Hope so!!

I had FUE on a Tuesday and was back at work on Wednesday. I grow my hair a bit longer so the donor and recipient sites will cover easily. I work for myself though so I have the added bonus of being able to wear a hat to work.

good luck.

G

my hair transplant with rogers was about 5 1/2 months ago now carter - its just now slowly starting to "kick in". I'd say its probably about at 30-40% of what the final result will be.

Vega
You are right on Parr mate - if not already get some MSM from Holland and Barrett as this weill help speed up growth!!

Whiskey - get some Aloe vera gel of the donor and recipient areas to speed up the healing amigo! all good!

Good growth to you both!!! :lol:
Regards
Spex

smalley

Reaction score
msm

Is msm what it is acutally called if i go in and ask for it ?. Also where is best to park when going to Dr Rogers for the day Stratford location.
Many thanks :D

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: msm

smalley said:
Is msm what it is acutally called if i go in and ask for it ?. Also where is best to park when going to Dr Rogers for the day Stratford location.

The car park is in the same street on the opposite side, just minutes away.

smalley

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply guys.
Spex you take 3000mg per day is that the daily limit as they come in 750mg. Would surgest i should take this amount after my hair transplant ?

G

Hi Smalley,

I still take MSM but not that amount due to the fact it makes my hair grow too quick :p I did take 3000mg via 4x750mg tablets just before and for approx 9/10 months post op. Some guys take more but 3000mg seems to be the average dose.

It without a doubt sped up the regrowth period. :lol:

I also applied Minoxodil 1 x a night to the recipient area which I feel also contibuted to the faster regrowth of the transplanted hairs.

I've had several hair transplant procedures and the last 900 FUE came though a great deal quicker IMO through taking / applying both these.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Spex

pete24

Reaction score
Re: msm

carter said:
smalley said:

The car park is in the same street on the opposite side, just minutes away.

but is the parking safe??

or is it some crappy multistorey??

Dont they have parking at the practice???

whiskey

Established Member
Reaction score
It's a public car park & it's bang opposite Dr Rogers.
Stratford is a quaint, old fashioned market town so there is hardly any street parking. None of the shops have parking either.
It's a very nice place so I'm sure your car will be safe.

pete24

Reaction score
thanks for that whiskey..
presumabley you can park for the whole day???

BTW...just a general question...

Im a Biker, how soon will I be able to wear a crash helmet???

2 weeks???

Vega

Reaction score
hi pete, from my experience, you should be able to wear it after two weeks, but i wouldn't if you can avoid it.

the scaring at the back of the head can be a bit tender for a while, and the grafts can be dislodged at that stage if alot of pressure is applied to them. i'd leave it a full month before putting any real pressure on the reciepient and scar areas.