Anyone seeing Dr Rogers in the UK?

Vega

Reaction score
Vega
You are right on Parr mate - if not already get some MSM from Holland and Barrett as this weill help speed up growth!!

cheers for advice spex, gonna go to town today and get some

smalley

Reaction score
Well had my surgery done at Dr Rogers and it went better than i thought. The staff were great and made you feel at ease, which i think is the biggest problem to many suffering male pattern baldness, is the discomfort of actually doing it.
The car park is on opposite side of street and is manned so cars are safe.
If it was not for this site and some others i would probably suffered in silence.
Roll on 6 months :D

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
Best of luck with the results smalley - I say roll on 4.5 months for me :)

How many grafts did you have done?

smalley

Reaction score
I had 500 done to thicken upstairs a little. Im on dutasteride coming upto 3 months to which i have seen slight visual improvement, so i may get another 500 done depending on how the dutasteride works given 1 year.
So far so good no problems all, no fues have come out no swelling the only thing was the night of the surgery the donor area was a little tender and by morning that was comfortable again.

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
It's harder than I thought at times being in the phase between the surgery and the result. Sometimes I'm OK with it knowing I just need to be patient but other times when I'm at social events I just wish I could get to the result! I guess I left getting surgery until I reached the stage where it was getting me down so it's natural to get a bit impatient waiting.

Vega

Reaction score
i think the waiting it hardest bit of all carter - much harder than the op itself

the way i've managed to stop looking 24 hours a day in the mirror is set myself 2 week deadlines, when i take a set of photos of my progress. Until the next 2 weeks come along, im not allowed to do anything, i cover the transplant area with mane hairspray so i cant see whats going on then just wait until 2 weeks later when i check progress again.

smalley

Reaction score
Im hoping the shaved part will kick in faster to cover donor area. What will suck is going through summer with out the growth, you know sat having a BBQ with friends and end up facing into the sun DOH!.
At least we will reap the benifits given time.
:D

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys - much appreciated! I've still not told anyone I had the surgery done so it is good to share thoughts.

I'm ok with routine day to day - just those social occasions where you want to look your best are tricky. Plus I need to get my photo taken for a business website and I'm trying to put it off for 6 months.

But i'd agree the waiting is harder than the op - I'll be taking more photos shortly as I approach 2 months. :)

smalley

Reaction score
How long is it before donor area feels normal ? as its still a little tender still. So far no shock loss and no fues come out.

G

Smalley,

It appears you had your procedure in the first week of March so the donor area should feel much better after thirty days or so post-op and I'm referring to the "tenderness" in the area. The redness should also be greatly dissipated. Potential shockloss usually transpires three weeks or so post-op but more common in the recipient area than the donor zone. These are all averages and as you probably already know, there are variances between patients reagarding shockloss, the healing process, and even the growth.

Glad to hear you had a nice experience with your procedure and happy growth! :D

pete24

Reaction score
im in for my procedure this week and getting a bit nervous!!!

i am taking about 5 days off work..Hoping I dont get too much scabbing etc.

Got my aloe gel, and MSM.

What about arneca?? any experiences?

G

You may want to consider a topical post-op spray enriched with copper-peptide to advance the healing process or saline applications. Ask your doctor about it and best wishes to you.

Vega

Reaction score
pete - dont worry, dr rogers is a top class surgeon. If its more comfortable for you, remember you can have the strip taken out lying down, or in a sitting position.

G

You will be fine with Rogers don't worry. 5 days might be pushing it. Is he intending to shave the recipient area? What size surgery/type surgery are you having?

If its a small FUE session then you will possible get away with it mate!

7/10 days the magority of the redness will have subsided.
All the best!

pete24

Reaction score
ok ...had the treatment done on friday.

Really impressed with Dr Rogers and his staff. Felt very relaxed through the whole procedure. The local stings a little, but that is about it.

Back of the head was sore and throbbing a little for a couple of days.
but Im really pleased that my recipient site its quite well concealed by my hair.

You need to look quite hard to see the red pin prick-scabs. They are still there of course, but seem to be looking less obvious. I think ill get away with work on Weds.!!

Now I just cant wait for the hair to grow through!!!

Thanks again for the advice guys.

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
10 weeks but no sign of progress yet as expected of course. At the moment it feels like I had nothing done. Haven't taken any pics since the originals before the transplant as there is nothing to show. Still 10 weeks closer to a result... :) I'm hoping I'll start to benefit in the summer months...

smalley

Reaction score
Im at 5 week and still have a lot of fues still which as now stopped growing and is short. What next ? will they fall out and regrow as the current fues are maybe grade 1 or 2.

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
smalley said:
Im at 5 week and still have a lot of fues still which as now stopped growing and is short. What next ? will they fall out and regrow as the current fues are maybe grade 1 or 2.

I'm not quite sure what you mean. I do know for me the expression on the Pink Panther seems appropriate at the moment! :)