Anyone seeing Dr Rogers in the UK?

Mahair

Established Member
Reaction score
Yea keep spraying your head that otta do it. Bull$hit. do you like scars and an unnatural look? If you do your fine.

michael barry

Reaction score
Mahair,

If you want your posts to gain some traction............you need to post links to pictures of what youre talking about. Saying youve seen many bad transplants are not going to cut it with 21 year olds losing their hair that have not ever seen a bad transplant.

But one picture of one is worth a thousand words. http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... D%26sa%3DN

A pic like that repair job there lets men know that bad work can be done (so it will be done by some docs, just human nature), but MORE importantly, getting plugs when young does not account for how far they might bald. Propecia sees a slowing of baldness over the years, but you will bald to where you were going to bald to. You'll proboably just get there in about 20 or so MORE years than it would have took. That first picture is a prime example of a guy who does not have enough donor hair to fill in that huge bald spot. If a guy is left with 40,000 wreath hairs, he cannot fill the space that 100,000 hairs used to fill unless its drastically thin (and awful looking in good light).

Mahair, find some good pics, your points will hit home much more.

Vega

Reaction score
i just had my second session done with dr rogers - again no problems,
his staff are friendly and he is a top class surgeon.
im now 8 months post op, from the first hair transplant and a few days from the second.

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
good to hear from you again LC - I was reading your earlier posts saying it takes about 5.5 months to see results.

I was reassured by that as at 3.5 months I'm flagging a bit.

I think I'll take Spex's advice and get some MSM at Holland and Barrett :)

Vega

Reaction score
carter - yes dont panic yet! its still very, very early days for you.
at 3.5 months i was panicking like mad, it does come through, but
not really until 5 months (or even 6) can you begin to see what
you might expect.
From month 7 onwards, it starts to become more realistic hair,
thicker and then you relax.

at 4 months, you might get an incling of whats to come, but
nothing substantial. its a very trying time,
full of upsets and highs :)

i think the most reassuring thing i could tell you, is that i've gone
back for a second session, and i wouldn't have done that if i didnt
think it worked. plus if you read rogers guest book, most of the
people in there were 2nd, and third time sessions too, so relax,
i cant see any reason why you should be any different?

Im sure in 3 or 4 months time, you'll be telling someone else in your
position now, the same thing im telling you :)

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks LC - I appreciate the comments! Plus do you think it's worth giving MSM a try or is that just for the feel good factor?

Thanks again!

G

MSM certainly helps speed up growth. I know a number of guys that take it and as a result have seen good growth early on.
All the best!
Spex

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
gillenator said:
Did you try minoxidil to jump start the grafts?

I'd returned to it again in the last two weeks. I stopped using back in October last year after seeing Dr Rogers. I asked his view on it as I was only using it in evenings and got the impression it was perhaps a waste of time.

I was only using Monoxidil in the eveings as from what I understand you are supposed to make sure your scalp is fully dry about 1 hour after washing hair. I didn't fancy getting up that early or applying it at the office...I've always wondered just how effective it realy is.

G

Maybe you can try a blow dryer to speed up the time to dry your scalp before you apply the minoxidil in the morning.

I want to share something interesting with you. Whenever I converse with any patient regarding the inefficiency of any medication, the first question I will ask them is, "Are you taking the drug as prescribed?" You would be amazed at how many do not, or do not know. This is especially true of guys who forget taking Propecia or do not take it as prescribed because taking the drug is elective. It's not something they have to take to sustain their health like a diabetic for example.

I have noticed over the years that a very high percent of patients who do not take or apply meds as prescribed, have inefficient results. The dosage and application criteria is often determined as a result of the research conducted and the cumulative patient reactions and responses in the clinical trials.

You may not notice any differences even after following the directions on the meds, but you will never know if you will respond favorably unless you do so, no offense. The correct dosage "and" application can make all of the difference in the world. :)

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
Fair comment Gill - I'll continue as recommended :)

Now having just hit 4 months I can feel stronger hairs coming through in comparison to the original thinning ones. Still not making an impact on my appearance but I'm looking forward to my hairline getting better defined again and my hair getting less transparent.

I think the next couple of months should be interesting. I haven't felt it's been worth taking any pictures so far - I think I'll be happy to have the next set when I see Dr Rogers for my 6 month progress check.

I'm due a haircut again next week, when I went last time, 6 weeks ago, the guy cutting my hair said to me in reference to the front that "it was still growing" totally unprompted. I didn't respond...just acted indifferently. I was curious if he figured out I've had work done - I still percieve hair transplants are uncommon.

If anyone asks I'm just saying I was taking medication - I don't think it's good to be too honest except with the closest of friends.

G

Carter,

Just wait until you get between the six and nine month mark. That's when the new growth really starts kicking in. Now, when you hit fourteen months post-op, and you have haircuts along the way, something very cool happens. You not only have the full growth but you will also develop matured caliper to the hairs. In other words there will be fully matured terminal hair which produces the optimal visual end result.

Yeah, my take on the haircut thing is that he probably noticed your scar but did not directly say so because he's no doubt seen a few. But that would have probably been the case for really anyone that soon after their procedure. Just think how cool it will be when he starts cutting your hair once it all grows in. :hairy:

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
gilenator,
any chance of msm speeding up the growth cycle of transplanted hairs?
thanks.

Vega

Reaction score
i still havent lost many of the transplanted grafts from nearly 3 weeks ago. Im starting to think that they may just grow straight off, this didnt happen to me last time, by 3 weeks they had all pretty much fallen out. has anyone out there experienced direct growth straight away, without the shedding process??

G

LC,

That's because the recipient incisions are much tinier and less invasive, especially lateral slit incisions. On my last hair transplant I would say that about 60% took off and continued to grow. BUT, eventually all the hair follicules will re-cycle so it's a matter of time before they too will enter telogen and you will lose and then regrow the transplanted hair again.

tech,

To my understanding MSM will not affect nor advance the cycling of hair follicules but once the new hairs start growing in anagen, MSM will speed the growth of the hair cylinders.

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm pleased to report at 4.5 months I'm starting to see the results coming through - its a nice feeling! :)

G

Hey Carter, just wait until you hit the nine month plus mark post-op!

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to resurrect this thread as I do want to know how everyone else is getting on as well as an update on my progress. It's now 7 months since I had my 2000 grafts completed. I still have new fine hairs coming through but it is a very gradual process and I'm hoping there's a lot more to come yet. I had to reschedule my 6 month follow up visit to Dr R. for early October. When I get the next set of photos I plan to put them up for a comparison with the pre-op pics. I'm hoping the end result will be that my scalp won't be showing from the front. Certainly I'm not making any judgements for at least another couple of months.

whiskey

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Carter

My hair keeps coming through and getting thicker even well after the year mark. I'm 6 months out from my 4th & final FUE session & I still have a few bits of stubble poking through. From past experience I know that it will be thickening until after Christmas.

In the near future I'm going to a hair salon for the first time ever to get a proper cut & to get it lightened. Once that's happened my hair journey will be finished (for now & hopefully for a good while).