Hi Cate,I have not had this experience, my scalp is not oily and no extra shedding as such. However, I am doing a host of other things. Can you isolate the shedding to the laser helmet? Or is it due to hormones etc? I have never heard of Lllt causing oily scalp... anyone else?
I'm glad your system works for you. Any chance the video is available in english? There are no english subtitles on it.
The multivit I take has iron in it, I take it religiously and I eat iron rich foods on a regular basis. One thing i could start doing is eat plenty more fruits while I take the multivit so that iron gets absorbed. I'm not sure I really want to be taking anymore pills.
As far as my diet goes, I eat all of the stuff on your list except the grasses and black seed oil.
I have started apple cider vinegar rinse and I want to do it for a month before commenting on the results. And about oiling, on the rare occasions i oil, I dont let it sit for more than an hour. I wash my hair 3 times/week. It worked without glitches until last summer.
Going to this hair specialist to do something for my hair has only messed it up.
The guy I went to is a practicing doctor, even with degrees I guess not everyone cares or knows enough.
Yes, I clicked on subtitles on YouTube and only Russian subtitles were available You know her name? I can look her up...
While there is some breakage hair I see (small and long), I know for a fact all those tiny hairs I'm shedding have a white bulb at the end, meaning they are telogen hairs. How do you use blackseed oil- just in salad dressings or do you cook with it?
I had sort of a eureka moment last night- a possible reason for scalp problems and lifeless hair. For the past 2 months, I've noticed my warm water smells like Calcium. Massachusetts is supposed to have better (only moderately hard water) water than other states, but I'm beginning to think the town I live in has been supplying f*#@ed up water for a while (man I really hate this place). Interestingly, I don't think water quality was an issue last year- I've been living here for 1.5 years. I have ordered a shower filter and I also plan to rinse my hair with distilled water. I'll add to this thread what the outcome is. I'm not however sure if mineral deposits in water lead to the kind of shedding i'm seeing. Even if the shower filter restores scalp health, its a huge win.
Ahhh very Interesting, there is a lot on the Long Hair Forum re types of water and how it affects hair. https://forums.longhaircommunity.co...70.1275930125.1551419260-907633227.1548916151 (You need to do a search for the threads). That may help you....
Her name is Anastasia Sidorova....she is pretty amazing..
I take black seed oil direct in the morning.. it doesn't taste nice.. but bearable.. a couple of tea spoons a day....https://www.stylecraze.com/articles/how-to-use-kalonji-black-seed-oil-for-hair-growth-baldness/#gref (I just take internally.)
Don't know if anyone is following this thread. I wanted to post an update for anyone interested.
1. My scalp is leaning more towards normal behavior and is slightly better now when compared to Dec-Jan-Feb. I had issues of scalp dryness/tightness on wash days followed by intense oiliness and itchiness. Increased shedding of hairs 1-2 inches long was also a problem. Now that its much warmer but also more humid in New England, I don't know if the moderate improvement is weather related.
I still shed tiny hairs, some days even 25-30 and still have some oiliness/itchiness, but its not as bad as before.
2. I traveled to Dallas in March where miraculously my hair felt almost normal. I did not have weird scalp issues and my hair seemed fuller. the water, may be?
3. I used Nature's gate shampoo in Dallas and its part of my routine now. Natures gate is good for scalp but doesn't volumize or thicken which I badly need. Also tried various other shampoos (ones I had before) but so far, none have really worked. The hunt for the perfect shampoo is still on.
4. I still do my ACV rinse and do a final rinse with distilled/canned water. Again, don't know how much these are helping. They can't harm my hair, so going to continue.
5. I have taken a break from the evil laser cap (which I believe is causing this hair cycling-> shedding of tiny hairs). I plan to not use it for a month at least and see if it helps the shedding. Honestly, might just return it and get my money back. Absolute POS.
6. While Nutrafol's magic has not kicked in (yet), I highly recommend their hair mineral analysis which is available at no extra cost at 3 months of the subscription. The 45 min consultation was thorough and made a lot of sense to me. The doctor opened my eyes to a lot of things I was doing wrong w.r.t my supplements and other habits and suggested a better supplement regimen. Particularly, upping Ferritin levels because i'm a vegetarian. While its a hard pill to swallow (pun intended) that there are women out there who don't give a s#*t about supplements/diet and have beautiful hair, I guess it might be useful to try.
7. I wash my hair every other day now and I seem to prefer it. My previous regimen was 3 days/week, now its 4 days. Not much of a difference but it helps my scalp greasiness and keeps my scalp cleaner.
8. Tested for PCOS, it came negative. Whew!
9. I ended up not using the shower filter because a) my apartment maintenance would not fix it for me b) If the shower filter messes up the water pressure or completely blocks the flow, I don't have another bathroom to shower in. I feel like I don't smell that calcium deposit in the water that much, but that's something out of my control.
I sincerely hope my hair would go back to what it was last summer. At this point, I don't even want thicker, beautiful hair, just want my old hair before I started these so called 'treatments'. I guess i would have to accept the fact that this is my life and try to find happiness.
Good update - thank you! I no longer use the laser cap either.. won't use it ever again. Finished. I take a range of herbs (which help), wash every two days, and am having great success with the Chinese 101 hair system.. (which is poo pooed on this site along with other non traditional treatments - but I understand the reasons). As well as that, positive thinking, positive affirmations are working wonders also.. so going good! So so so glad to hear you're on a good run with it all - what a relief! Xx