Anyone here hide his hair system from her wife or gf for years?

mjpg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a gf for 10 years and she knows about it but i hear stories about people getting married or something never telling to his wife about his hairs sistem for 10+ years with out notice how is that even possible? Anyone like this here?

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seems Iike it would be a source of stress. Plus going into a relationship lying about it is cause for concern. It would be hard to trust someone with anything if they do that

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My girlfriend used to help wash and re-bond my hair system every week!

Interesting! Did you live together and did you wear a hair system when you first started dating her? How did she find out, and did it put her off in any way?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you DON'T live with the person/people you date, and you're not planning on living together, then in my opinion you don't need to tell them, and nor do you have any obligation to. I'm personally not comfortable telling anyone who meets me in real life about my hair system, but everyone has to decide for themselves whether they're open about it or not.

However it's a different matter when you live with a partner and you're in a long term relationship. You'd have to tell your partner about it well beforehand, otherwise it's going to lead to stress and other problems later on down the line. If you live together, there's no way you could realistically hide it for an extended period of time.

Me? I much prefer living alone and dating casually, so it's not really been any issue so far. But if I ever do get into something more serious and long term, I might think again about telling them.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
can tell us more?
It really just never came up. I was so used to having it I didn't obsess thinking about it. I figured if she asked, I would not lie about it. I guess it must look real.

hair4meTomorrow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One thing to be aware of is when you stop wearing due to irritation. I've not worn for months now. Really I had to have two months off due to some bad irritation at the hairline.

Bit difficult to hide at that point

threadkilla

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been wearing for over 10 years...my partner only realised after 2 yrs or so and even then she is not sure...never seen me bald...go and get hair trimmed every 6/7 weeks or so...missus asks does it hurt...she is not sure what they do and has never really been curious...her father is bald and says i should go natural and shave it all off..but knows i would never do that so doesnt press the point...

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Been wearing for over 10 years...my partner only realised after 2 yrs or so and even then she is not sure...never seen me bald...go and get hair trimmed every 6/7 weeks or so...missus asks does it hurt...she is not sure what they do and has never really been curious...her father is bald and says i should go natural and shave it all off..but knows i would never do that so doesnt press the point...
So what's the word you use to describe her what it is? Wig, hair system, hairpiece?

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Wow, so do you live together? It must be difficult hiding a hair system if you live together.

threadkilla

My Regimen
Reaction score
So what's the word you use to describe her what it is? Wig, hair system, hairpiece?
When I first had it fitted she just said your hair looks nice...even now its all voodoo to her..she knows something happens but is not really curious....if it looked ridiculous then she would pipe up...guess its a mark of how successful it is...only time she has flagged it up was last year during lockdown and it had faded and needed recolouring...we just call it hair...coz thats what it is as use a real hair based system

Fanjeera

Reaction score
When I first had it fitted she just said your hair looks nice...even now its all voodoo to her..she knows something happens but is not really curious....if it looked ridiculous then she would pipe up...guess its a mark of how successful it is...only time she has flagged it up was last year during lockdown and it had faded and needed recolouring...we just call it hair...coz thats what it is as use a real hair based system
Hmm. So maybe I should go like this "I have to tell you something: I wear hair. So please do not touch it!"

threadkilla

My Regimen
Reaction score
Arf!

Transition wasnt that dramatic...I have always had hair...used to use spray on...but was fighting a losing battle..made the plunge and bit the bullet to have a piece fitted...was scary as it meant shaving off on top what i had left...the only one to see myself without hair is myself and hairstylist..