Anyone here hide his hair system from her wife or gf for years?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really can't identify with people who are terrified of being spotted, especially by someoene they're intimate with. I understand the feeling you guys have, but I don't experience it.

As a matter of fact, I like wearing a toupee because it coincides perfectly w/ my vain personality.

What's more, unless you have some epic piece you maintain like it's your job, people are going to know. Everyone here says, "Oh, no one pays to these things but you."

BS they don't! People are extraordinarily attentive to appearance. There are obese everywhere in the US. What percentage of them get called out on it to their face?

Just having something respectable-looking on your head & you'll be fine.

II.

The only concern I have is someone destroying my piece out of malice.

jimlad

Established Member
Reaction score
I really can't identify with people who are terrified of being spotted, especially by someoene they're intimate with. I understand the feeling you guys have, but I don't experience it.

As a matter of fact, I like wearing a toupee because it coincides perfectly w/ my vain personality.

What's more, unless you have some epic piece you maintain like it's your job, people are going to know. Everyone here says, "Oh, no one pays to these things but you."

BS they don't! People are extraordinarily attentive to appearance. There are obese everywhere in the US. What percentage of them get called out on it to their face?

Just having something respectable-looking on your head & you'll be fine.

II.

The only concern I have is someone destroying my piece out of malice.
Sorry, but this just isn't true, and I've practically had it proven to me today. I think only yesterday I would have seen some truth in this, but two events have made me think otherwise.

1) My housemate, who is a very kind and conscientious person, just offered to cut my hair for me. If he suspected I wore a wig he would have DEFINITELY avoided the topic completely.

2) I just saw my own mother who casually mentioned how lucky I am to have her hair genes and not my dad's. Again, if you knew my mum, you'd know that she isn't going to say something like that unless she's completely oblivious.

I don't have a partner, and haven't had a serious relationship in the time I've worn, but I live with other people, and my family don't know that I wear. It's pretty crazy really! I actually didn't think it would be this seamless - if I'd realised, I would probably have come clean straight away. As it turned out, I was expecting someone else to bring it up, so I just never did, and now I'm fully living the lie!

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used to hear about this back in the day about toupees. Eh, I think that I can virtually always spot systems but I do nothing but look at people's hair when in public. Any actor or anchorman where you cannot see the frontal hairline is wearing a system. The guy on Mad About You was wearing a system. Maybe they are better now. I am not at all against just stating that I notice. Most can tell I am wearing a wig but the stigma is less for females for some reason, maybe because some times we just wear them on special occasions. My hair was looking so much better that I ditched the wig for a while but then I noticed that my hairline was still giving me away plus I look adorable in the wig and it gives me the long hair I always wanted.

threadkilla

My Regimen
Reaction score
What you say may be true...however I have friends who if they had so much as an inkling that I wore would rip the piss out of me mercilessly

PaulMac

Reaction score
Interesting! Did you live together and did you wear a hair system when you first started dating her? How did she find out, and did it put her off in any way?

We didn't initially live together but do now.

I got the system around 2 years into dating her and she was very encouraging of it. She does like a "manly man" in many ways, but someone just perusing whatever makes them happy and trying to look good shouldn't really be a turnoff!

The biggest turnoff was not looking forward to how long and often the system would take to clean and rebond!

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I could not fathom hiding something like this from someone that I am in a close and intimate relationship with. If I were the other partner, I would be furious... and immediately wonder what else is being hidden from me.