anyone here contemplate suicide over hair loss?

Captain Obvious

Established Member
Reaction score
I never honestly contemplated suicide, but I did think a lot about my mortality and death. In the end I always figure I'm going to die some day anyway, so I might as well wait it out.

What sucks is that being horseshoe bald makes me feel dead already. People look right through me like I'm a ghost. I'm not really "here" to people.

Sometimes it's nice to go uncared about so much. Nobody bothers me, nobody starts any drama, no jelousy issues, nothing like that. But on the flip side, I don't get invited to parties, I don't get flirty looks, I don't get much special treatment.

So I think losing your hair is a lot like a part of you dying.

seb

Reaction score
Captain Obvious said:
I never honestly contemplated suicide, but I did think a lot about my mortality and death. In the end I always figure I'm going to die some day anyway, so I might as well wait it out.

What sucks is that being horseshoe bald makes me feel dead already. People look right through me like I'm a ghost. I'm not really "here" to people.

Sometimes it's nice to go uncared about so much. Nobody bothers me, nobody starts any drama, no jelousy issues, nothing like that. But on the flip side, I don't get invited to parties, I don't get flirty looks, I don't get much special treatment.

99.9% 0f society think a bald man is a bag of sick,hence why no-one would invite you too parties,stag-dos etc....and IF they did invite a bald man too a party,it is only too ridicule them for entertainment purposes.

s.a.f

Reaction score
seb said:
99.9% 0f society think a bald man is a bag of sick,hence why no-one would invite you too parties,stag-dos etc....and IF they did invite a bald man too a party,it is only too ridicule them for entertainment purposes.

With that attitude, I'm guessing thats only if the bald man in question is you.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
dudemon said:
Islander said:
Anyways, both hairloss and hair transplants have literally RUINED every aspect of my life, even to this day, and I am now 42. Even after I pulled myself back together and had 2 more hair transplants with a world-class hair transplant surgeon, my hair still looks a bit "odd."

And now, after getting an accounting degree from a university, graduating with highest honors (summa c*m laude) I cannot get hired anywhere. I have asked several career counselors, and YES, they said the reason is because of my hair looking "unprofessional."

male pattern baldness and hairloss sucks no doubt.

Your age too - 42. You are competing with fresh out of college 22 yr old grads, who have more years to offer to a company.

Islander

Established Member
Reaction score
Captain Obvious said:

You're slowly becoming my favorite poster.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
I've never contemplated suicide but I've though about it. Not really over hair loss/ anything depressing, just out of boredom. Sounds ridiculous but I have no fear whatsoever of death/ dying young. The reasons I would never actually do it is because I have no actual incentive to die right this second and it's also not fair on anyone. This post isn't about hair loss really.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Captain Obvious said:

This really was a great post. :punk: