Anyone feel like if they never started Min/finasteride they would actually look BETTER?

Kamikazee

My Regimen
Reaction score
Question in the thread title...

My skin has become pretty rough, I have under eye bags and thinning hair. The bags are what get me the most, I know I've neglected my skin a lot over the years and I'm working to correct that.

The tear trough's and dark circles make me feel like I look sickly with the receeding hair and rough skin/forehead lines.

I'm not sure, but ever since I started finasteride and minoxidil I have not aged the most gracefully.

Of course, my lifestyle certainly could be better as I vape and drink heavily on weekends so I can't say for sure that these drugs are the cause, but I'd think they certainly played a role. Messing with hormones always has some sort of effect.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Question in the thread title...

My skin has become pretty rough, I have under eye bags and thinning hair. The bags are what get me the most, I know I've neglected my skin a lot over the years and I'm working to correct that.

The tear trough's and dark circles make me feel like I look sickly with the receeding hair and rough skin/forehead lines.

I'm not sure, but ever since I started finasteride and minoxidil I have not aged the most gracefully.

Of course, my lifestyle certainly could be better as I vape and drink heavily on weekends so I can't say for sure that these drugs are the cause, but I'd think they certainly played a role. Messing with hormones always has some sort of effect.
I feel the same. My dad said my face got rounder that I wasnt as handsome anymore ever since removing all my dht in my body and using minoxidill. Im done with minoxidill at least and also done with oral dutasteride.

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel the same. My dad said my face got rounder that I wasnt as handsome anymore ever since removing all my dht in my body and using minoxidill. Im done with minoxidill at least and also done with oral dutasteride.
Are you really stopping minoxidil as well? That could be a disaster...

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
hair loss forums should be banned
It should be because it isnt healthy for our mental state to
Are you really stopping minoxidil as well? That could be a disaster...
It never worked 5 months later hair hasnt improved its actually thinner so no reason to continue and it blocks collagen production and isnt worth it at my age. Also quitting due to heart Side Effects and the fact that im bleeding from my anus. It probably did reduce my shedding tho.

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
It should be because it isnt healthy for our mental state to

It never worked 5 months later hair hasnt improved its actually thinner so no reason to continue and it blocks collagen production and isnt worth it at my age. Also quitting due to heart Side Effects and the fact that im bleeding from my anus.
Maybe you should stop for a month and then go for a 2.5mg dosage. It still does something and does not have those nasty side effects. About collagen, use Retin A, peptides and microneedle your face once a month or once every two month. That's what I do and my face looks better than ever.

Finasteridegyno

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe you should stop for a month and then go for a 2.5mg dosage. It still does something and does not have those nasty side effects. About collagen, use Retin A, peptides and microneedle your face once a month or once every two month. That's what I do and my face looks better than ever.
What peptides?
Retin A is good for skin and wrinkles but if the lines are caused by minoxidil, and Retin A is known to increase SULT1a1, I’ m afraid that it could be even worse and potentially increase the action of minoxidil inhibiting Lysyl hydroxylase.
Also, Derek from MPMD, tried microneedling the lines on his forehead and didn’t do nothing…

Finasteridegyno

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s your lifestyle.
Due to anti-fibrotic activity of minoxidil inhibition of enzyme lysyl hydroxylase present in fibroblastmay result in synthesis of a hydroxylysine-deficient collagen. Minoxidil can also potentially stimulate elastogenesis in aortic smooth muscle cells, and in skin fibroblasts in a dose-dependent manner.

since I started minoxidil topically 1 year ago, my wrinkles on forehead are so deep. Before I had nothing

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're a heavy weed and alcohol user, plus your diet is probably sh*t. It's very likely your lifestyle causing you problems too.
What? Thats a lie lol. I dont smoke or drink. Minoxidill retains water dumbass its a known fact I used ORAL dude not topical. On topical I didnt see changes to face. But its a known fact that minoxidill does inhibit collagen production many studies proves it.

BeHereNow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What? Thats a lie lol. I dont smoke or drink. Minoxidill retains water dumbass its a known fact I used ORAL dude not topical. On topical I didnt see changes to face. But its a known fact that minoxidill does inhibit collagen production many studies proves it.
Is it @Mr. Slap Head who's the weed and boozer then? All I know is that I've been on finasteride for five years and topical minoxidil for 8 months and at 38 I look better than I did in my twenties and that improvement has coincided with better lifestyle.

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
What peptides?
Retin A is good for skin and wrinkles but if the lines are caused by minoxidil, and Retin A is known to increase SULT1a1, I’ m afraid that it could be even worse and potentially increase the action of minoxidil inhibiting Lysyl hydroxylase.
Also, Derek from MPMD, tried microneedling the lines on his forehead and didn’t do nothing…
I'm talking about my experience. I have better skin now than I had pre minoxidil. I think peptides and microneedling has contributed a lot because my skin wasn't that good when I was on retin A alone.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s your lifestyle.
What are you talking about?Are you all right
You're a heavy weed and alcohol user, plus your diet is probably sh*t. It's very likely your lifestyle causing you problems too.
WTF.How can you possibly know someones lifestyle from the internet?
Is it @Mr. Slap Head who's the weed and boozer then? All I know is that I've been on finasteride for five years and topical minoxidil for 8 months and at 38 I look better than I did in my twenties and that improvement has coincided with better lifestyle.
Topical min.gave me face wrinkles,people around me are telling me that.Obviously you re the 'exemption'.
?