Anyone Ever Have The Platelet Rich Plasma (prp) Procedure?

Kyle889

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys has anyone ever tried PRP or have any thoughts or insight on it based on some research? I was really thinking about giving it a shot as long as it fits into my price range along with all the other stuff I am currently doing. (29 y/o male on finesteride, rogaine with azelaic acid, spironolactone, and keto shampoo 1%)

Kyle889

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it could really help me as I am just now balancing out from a massive 4 to 5 month shed which left me almost a whole norwood down.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hey guys has anyone ever tried PRP or have any thoughts or insight on it based on some research? I was really thinking about giving it a shot as long as it fits into my price range along with all the other stuff I am currently doing. (29 y/o male on finesteride, rogaine with azelaic acid, spironolactone, and keto shampoo 1%)

Nano123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did, but I am a female and it didn't really work much if at all for me, keep in mind that it works with 30% of the people so the majority of reviews wouldn't be positive. If you have the money for it I think it wouldn't hurt to try out and see what happens, worst case scenario would be no improvement but it won't make you lose more hair or anything.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
If the theory behind prp or prolotherapy is to provide stem cells and growth factors to an area and it is thought microneedling promotes this also, I wonder if combining these some how would be even more effective. Perhaps microneedling one week before prp? Might be a good question to ask the prp Dr.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If the theory behind prp or prolotherapy is to provide stem cells and growth factors to an area and it is thought microneedling promotes this also, I wonder if combining these some how would be even more effective. Perhaps microneedling one week before prp? Might be a good question to ask the prp Dr.

Some Doctors do the microneedling when getting procedure.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did, but I am a female and it didn't really work much if at all for me, keep in mind that it works with 30% of the people so the majority of reviews wouldn't be positive. If you have the money for it I think it wouldn't hurt to try out and see what happens, worst case scenario would be no improvement but it won't make you lose more hair or anything.

Did you get Acell? (Sorry I may have asked you this already I have dejavu)

Kyle889

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think I'm gonna go through with PRP quite yet. I'm trying something else out right now that will hopefully help me out. I do however have a consult on Tuesday for PRP so I'll let you guys know how that goes.

Seeñor pelos

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think I'm gonna go through with PRP quite yet. I'm trying something else out right now that will hopefully help me out. I do however have a consult on Tuesday for PRP so I'll let you guys know how that goes.
It doesnt work. Don't waste your money. I did prp + stem cell and nothing happened. I never seen anyone benefit from it as in regrowth.

Kyle889

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys so I ended up rescheduling for about a month out Sept 18th. I want to see if my new regime starts to work/stops my hair loss before I even go into the office especially after what @Seeñor pelos said. I'm also unfortunately not employed in my field right now so spending money like that even though I have it, doesn't seem like a good idea atm. I am however willing to spend that kind of money if anything to see if it works for me and to let people know my experience since it seems like it's hard to get in touch with real people who have tried it.

Anyways I'll keep you guys posted when I have some updates.

Nano123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you get Acell? (Sorry I may have asked you this already I have dejavu)
No I didn't because it's not available here but I think if it becomes available I might give it a try, I've seen you ask about it before and that your friend who's a dermatologist recommended it as she's seen people get good results with it as I recall, if it's affordable to you then giving it a try wouldn't be bad. I think this kind of treatments can be good for people already on growth stimulants as it can give the follicles another push to grow better hair.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No I didn't because it's not available here but I think if it becomes available I might give it a try, I've seen you ask about it before and that your friend who's a dermatologist recommended it as she's seen people get good results with it as I recall, if it's affordable to you then giving it a try wouldn't be bad. I think this kind of treatments can be good for people already on growth stimulants as it can give the follicles another push to grow better hair.

no my friend just does PRP and gets good results from people
the hair transplant surgeon i consulted with uses PRP with Acell.

Im holding off to see what Follica results are since I have some time. I am doing okay with meds

DarkVctry

Established Member
Reaction score
I got the PRP + Acell with Dr Mcgrath from Texas. I did it just to try, with my topicals i was still shedding 20 to 30 hairs in shower, but lately ive been only shedding like 5 to 10. I am at the 9 month mark after the PRP+Acell, it was 3700 dollars, a big chunk for something very new. I am happy I did it, because I was always curious about it and Id rather try something than always wonder. Im going to visit him at the 12 month mark to compare before and after. The key is Acell with it, ive been told.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got the PRP + Acell with Dr Mcgrath from Texas. I did it just to try, with my topicals i was still shedding 20 to 30 hairs in shower, but lately ive been only shedding like 5 to 10. I am at the 9 month mark after the PRP+Acell, it was 3700 dollars, a big chunk for something very new. I am happy I did it, because I was always curious about it and Id rather try something than always wonder. Im going to visit him at the 12 month mark to compare before and after. The key is Acell with it, ive been told.

$3700 for several session or just one?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
$3700 for several session or just one?

Get it done is South Jersey. You WON'T believe the cost difference. Some don't use A Cell, but some were actually 600.00
per session.

Also, Dr. Greco is HUGE in the PRP industry. He's actually probably the best known surgeon down here.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Get it done is South Jersey. You WON'T believe the cost difference. Some don't use A Cell, but some were actually 600.00
per session.

Also, Dr. Greco is HUGE in the PRP industry. He's actually probably the best known surgeon down here.

Thats not the price i was quoted

I was quoted 1000 x2 sessions with acell. Spread out over 4 months between.

I doubt i am going to do it, I want to see what is possibly available in 2018.

Kyle889

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys so I just got back from my PRP consult. Basically not 100% convinced I should give it a shot yet. After my discussion I'm pretty sure most of my shedding over the last 6 months has been due to bad inflammation and rejection of my hair caused by excessive micro needling and the harshness of the lipogaine I was using. Anyway I still get dry/brittle hair sometimes when I wake up even when using just regular rogaine.

I got prescribed oral minoxidil which he said he has has better luck with as well as a very strong steroid lotion to use on my scalp for the inflammation. I think I will give this a shot to see if it can help my scalp health and then probably go back to using lipogaine again if I can.

Has anyone ever used oral minoxidil? I'm going to post a topic for that in another forum but I just wanted to hear if anyone had any thoughts on it. I know that's how it was discovered as a hair growth treatment.

badluckdude

Reaction score
I recently talked to my doctor and he offered this to me at cost, said 150 dollars but usually its 3-4 treatments. But he said the problem is he doesnt know of if its effective in people with auto immune disorders like lupus etc etc that im suffering from. He even said he could get me a lazer helmet at cost because he feels bad about all the health stuff im going through although he did say hes not of the opinion that the laser helmet actually works even though its been FDA approved but he said if I wanted to try either he was willing to throw me a bone money wise...

So saying that has anyone ever heard of people using this PRP for auto immune hair loss? inflammation etc? He said he was not aware of any studies or any patients he has had that have had my kinda problems so he kinda seemed to say it was a shot in the dark.

Thanks

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I recently talked to my doctor and he offered this to me at cost, said 150 dollars but usually its 3-4 treatments. But he said the problem is he doesnt know of if its effective in people with auto immune disorders like lupus etc etc that im suffering from. He even said he could get me a lazer helmet at cost because he feels bad about all the health stuff im going through although he did say hes not of the opinion that the laser helmet actually works even though its been FDA approved but he said if I wanted to try either he was willing to throw me a bone money wise...

So saying that has anyone ever heard of people using this PRP for auto immune hair loss? inflammation etc? He said he was not aware of any studies or any patients he has had that have had my kinda problems so he kinda seemed to say it was a shot in the dark.

Thanks

That's a good price. Do you mind telling me what doctor that was?

badluckdude

Reaction score
Dunno if I should do that, i think its kinda on the DL, since ive been sick most my life in and out of the hospital so he was gonna throw me a bone. I dont think its the normal price lol