Anyone Ever Have The Platelet Rich Plasma (prp) Procedure?

telexfromyou

My Regimen
Reaction score
i'm thinking of trying prp + acell with Robin Unger and then Carlos Wesley. i've read that it only really has a chance of working if they spin the prp such that there is a 5-7x concentration of platelets. not exactly sure what acell does. but it seems to help. i'm most optimistic about it helping to thicken my hair than anything else. i'm a Norwood 2, but ive lost some of my formerly insane hair density. i'm scared i have the beginning of a bald spot in the second pic. i'm going to intervene early!

Attachments

• unnamed-1.jpg
    unnamed-1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 1,366
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 1,379

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@telexfromyou

That's some damn good density though. You really have to look closely (literally, probably inches from your
scalp) to see the hair loss.

There is slight vertex hair loss, but I had to maximize the picture to see it.

In public, I seriously doubt someone would see it.

I think PRP is an excellent choice for guys your age.

The follicles probably aren't completely dead, and can come back.

Last edited:

telexfromyou

My Regimen
Reaction score
@telexfromyou

That's some damn good density though. You really have to look closely (literally, probably inches from your
scalp) to see the hair loss.

There is slight vertex hair loss, but I had to maximize the picture to see it.

In public, I seriously doubt someone would see it.

I think PRP is an excellent choice for guys your age.

The follicles probably aren't completely dead, and can come back.
yeah i think prp is the right decision for today at 28. i'd get on finasteride if it became more prominent which is likely i know. in your experience did finasteride close up or regrow hair on the vertex quickly (3-6months)? (i feel like people say it does in a good 40-50% of users)

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah i think prp is the right decision for today at 28. i'd get on finasteride if it became more prominent which is likely i know. in your experience did finasteride close up or regrow hair on the vertex quickly (3-6months)? (i feel like people say it does in a good 40-50% of users)

The guy that regained his hair had a much more advanced baldness than you, so I think
it will definitely work out for you. He regrew hair on his hairline, and he was between a Norwood
two and three.

I used Finasteride too late in life. I started in my forties. It regrew my hair on my vertex, but it took years. It's still regrowing hair.

Reactions: KSA

telexfromyou

My Regimen
Reaction score
The guy that regained his hair had a much more advanced baldness than you, so I think
it will definitely work out for you. He regrew hair on his hairline, and he was between a Norwood
two and three.

I used Finasteride too late in life. I started in my forties. It regrew my hair on my vertex, but it took years. It's still regrowing hair.
thanks for the encouragement. it's exciting that you're still regrowing though! good luck to you. i'm trying to have a sense of humor about the minor tragedy of hair loss. you seem to have that. a lot of guys here seem really angry and resentful (which is understandable considering the way bald men are portrayed typically)

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i'm thinking of trying prp + acell with Robin Unger and then Carlos Wesley. i've read that it only really has a chance of working if they spin the prp such that there is a 5-7x concentration of platelets. not exactly sure what acell does. but it seems to help. i'm most optimistic about it helping to thicken my hair than anything else. i'm a Norwood 2, but ive lost some of my formerly insane hair density. i'm scared i have the beginning of a bald spot in the second pic. i'm going to intervene early!

Wait, that is bad hair density for you?

Ludicrous.

telexfromyou

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait, that is bad hair density for you?

Ludicrous.

my agent said my hair was thinning and for me to fix it. (I'm 28 which is older for a model who still works consistently but hasn't had a phenomenal level of success). the ideal is a 19 year old boy's lean body with a fully head of hair at least for the editorial work i do/ castings i go on. my hair and eyebrows and jawline provide me some $ and travel and lifestyle. i want to work for another five or six years if i can.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@telexfromyou

You made a smart choice to do something while you still can.

You are smart for investigating a solution before it's too late.

Any medication with scientific proof will work for you at this stage. Treating it at a high Norwood
level is too late.

Both my parents suffered from baldness. I wasn't a diffuse thinner (vertex top) until my forties.

Dad had a terrible hairline, which just got worse. I thought if I could fix that, I wouldn't have to worry.

My hairline is a completely different story.

It will never be a Norwood 0 hairline, which is what I had at 19.

telexfromyou

My Regimen
Reaction score
@telexfromyou

You made a smart choice to do something while you still can.

You are smart for investigating a solution before it's too late.

Any medication with scientific proof will work for you at this stage. Treating it at a high Norwood
level is too late.

Both my parents suffered from baldness. I wasn't a diffuse thinner (vertex top) until my forties.

Dad had a terrible hairline, which just got worse. I thought if I could fix that, I wouldn't have to worry.

My hairline is a completely different story.

It will never be a Norwood 0 hairline, which is what I had at 19.
yeah, i mean it's also kinda not your fault. people are much more proactive these days about the tiniest health/appearance changes bc there is a bigger market for them/ more cultural pressure to look a certain way. also, science has advanced to the point where we understand a little more. from what my parents told me, no one was ever like "wear sunscreen everyday" to people when they were in their 20s. there's more preventative medicine every decade or so it seems like. i'm sure i'll be jealous of tweens today who will have like stem cell or hair cloning or some other yet to be discovered hair procedure whenever they first start to recede. i'm confident there will be another revolution in hair loss prevention at least if not a cure in our lifetime.

badluckdude

Reaction score
Whats the difference between this PRP with and without acell???

Also no one here has heard of anyone doing this with people with things like autoimmune hair loss, lupus etc etc?

Also reading up on this I saw some threads that people lost hair actually after trying. Which is pretty scary...

Also(few thats a third time)interesting to see a agent recommended this... I also have a job as a model and never have heard of anyone mentioning this before, but maybe thats because its kinda a newer thing. *rubs chin*

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Whats the difference between this PRP with and without acell???

Also no one here has heard of anyone doing this with people with things like autoimmune hair loss, lupus etc etc?

Also reading up on this I saw some threads that people lost hair actually after trying. Which is pretty scary...

Also(few thats a third time)interesting to see a agent recommended this... I also have a job as a model and never have heard of anyone mentioning this before, but maybe thats because its kinda a newer thing. *rubs chin*

There was a dermatologist on this board before who recommended acell. I really don't understand science behind it.

KSA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
two and three.

I was literally going to ask - Finasteride can be so slow, right?! I have a bit of inside-out story- I started losing hair at 20, but it was minimal. I had amazing density and great skin. I took finasteride, but for whatever reason I stopped after a year and had a huge telegenic effluvium. At this point my extremely careless late endocrinologist put me on Flutamide 500mg. This was a miracle but at the same time I couldn’t come off it as it elevates androgens creating an imbalance and even lessening the dosage would lead to hair loss and acne. After 5 years on the drug they started to tell me I had a genetic hormone disorder and needed either Flutamide it spironolactone and prednisone. WELL - turns out it was just normal and now I’m only on 5mg finasteride. I’ve had multiple sheds - and multiple regrowth periods - however no consistency and the areas where I don’t use minoxidil have seen the same. I did PRP to spectacular results while on Flutamide but the degree to which it was the needling effect, PRP or just Flutamide is questionable. My derm has Androgenetic Alopecia and she said PRP was fantastic for her own regrowth after she came off spironolactone. I can attest to that because when I first went to her in 2017 she has thinner hair, now it’s lush and thick. Of course bear in mind - Androgenetic Alopecia Zia not hair fall is hair shrinkage. Also women, unlike men, CAN come off their hairloss drugs if a hormonal balance was the cause and it is restored.
I noticed fluctuations in sebum since being on finasteride but my doctor insists that finasteride has no clinical effect on sebum secretion.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did, but I am a female and it didn't really work much if at all for me, keep in mind that it works with 30% of the people so the majority of reviews wouldn't be positive. If you have the money for it I think it wouldn't hurt to try out and see what happens, worst case scenario would be no improvement but it won't make you lose more hair or anything.
Same. Did nothing and I had 5 sessions

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Had one session a few months back and i think it helped inflammation but started losing even more hair after. I have my second injection in a month and don’t know if I should go back.