anybody here good at doing a 20 minute cardio workout?

powersam

Reaction score
the 'literature' changes by the month. dont wank on about 30 min vs 45 min, just go and do some exercise. even a few minutes is better than nothing.

IBM

Reaction score
Why dont you work on a part-time, take some sleep pills and dream that you're running very happy with full head of hair. When you stop come a beautiful lady to hug you and kiss you.

CCS

Reaction score
powersam said:
the 'literature' changes by the month. dont wank on about 30 min vs 45 min, just go and do some exercise. even a few minutes is better than nothing.

that is what I was about to say. I just stopped in to tell some people how dumb they are for arguing about 30 vs 45 minutes, when I'm sure most of them don't do either.

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bubka said:
:
Cardiovascular Exercise - Basics Of Aerobics For Fat Loss

The reason for this is that when exercise is not performed first thing in the morning it takes your body approximately anywhere between 20 to 30 minutes to start burning fat. This is because that it how long it takes the body to deplete its glycogen stores and switch to a fat burning environment. Therefore, it would not be efficient to perform aerobic exercise by itself at any other time during the day because you would need to perform it for 20-30 minutes just to get to the fat burning stage and for an additional 20 minutes just so that you burn fat. This would give a grand total of 50 minutes a day and in my opinion

So if how long before running do you have to "fast" before you can apply this 20-30 min effect comes into play? If you eat approx 1-2hrs before with carbs, will your body still burn the glycogen or just burn the carbs in digestion?

socks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I use to SUCK at 'cardio' (IE would get winded under 2 mins) but now I love it!

I usually do an hour on the Eliptical or Crosstrainer daily. I'm working on getting back to two 8min miles running but because I have bad ankles it takes me a while to 'build' my strength up so my feet can take it...

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
I_Hate_DHT said:
You start burning fat at minute 30. Not at minute 40.

I just found this thread again. Bubka cannot read. I said You start burning fat at minute 30 and the ignorant thought that you burned fat at minute 30.. Bubka you cannot read. Ignorant pussy. Go elsewhere with your ridicolous comb over. :lol: