anybody here good at doing a 20 minute cardio workout?

ronaldkia

Established Member
Reaction score
anybody here good at running or cycling for 20 minutes? ive always had and still do run out of breath easily even tough i have strong quadriceps. But all my life i really sucked at cardio, i run out of breatch after 3 minutes. Anybody here really good at cardio?

G

No, but I do c*m fast during sex. Should I do cardio to counteract that?

ronaldkia

Established Member
Reaction score
Damn your f*****g stupid! i really mean it. for you, that must be why your bald.

G

ronaldkia said:
Damn your f*****g stupid! i really mean it. for you, that must be why your bald.

YES, the best new theory from ronaldkia in quite some time!

And you, ronaldkia, must be bald because that new bone in your head from Rogaine is pushing all the hairs off your head. Exactly.

biglemoncoke

Established Member
Reaction score
i can run about an hour non-stop, daily run about 20-40 minutes

G

ronniekia, whats up with that bone from rogaine? did it go away?

JayBear

Established Member
Reaction score
The best 20 minute exercise you can do, in my opinion, is an ergometer (rowing machine). Start slow and work up to a faster pace. Great muscle endurance/cardio workout, guaranteed.

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
I started running 1 month ago. (after 3 years of sedentarism)

Once per week to not damage my knees and the other part of my leg (don't know the name in english)

First day I was able to run for 10 minutes. I finished exhasuted.

Next monday, I was able to run 15 minutes.

Next week, 22 minutes.

And last week, I was able to run 31 minutes.

The intention is to run more than 30 minutes, to burn fat. I want to reduce my fat percentage level from 25% to 15%. I already reduced it in this last month to about 21-22%.

We burn fat when we run more than 25-30 minutes. We start burning fat at minute 25-30.

You need to run at 65-85% of you max heart rate. The best option is to use a Polar watch.

It is possible as long as you have no health problems.

Good luck.

s.a.f

Reaction score
JayMan said:
No, but I do c*m fast during sex. Should I do cardio to counteract that?

:lol: :D :lol: No letting up from the Jayman that was a lightning quick response.

CCS

Reaction score
ronaldkia said:
anybody here good at running or cycling for 20 minutes? ive always had and still do run out of breath easily even tough i have strong quadriceps. But all my life i really sucked at cardio, i run out of breatch after 3 minutes. Anybody here really good at cardio?

If you are genetically bad at cardio, that means most of your muscles are fast twich, which are good for power and size. Do low rep high weight exercises with long breaks between sets and you will build some serious muscle much easier than other guys.

As for endurance, yeah, I can run or cycle as long as I want. Well, after an hour I get uncomfortable, but there is not brick wall where I have to stop.

CCS

Reaction score
bubka, I hightly doubt that to be true. Please post the definition from an authoritative source.

I think cardio is an exercise that exercises the heart. I've read health articles say 20-30 minutes.

Aerobic is a similar word, but means that the cells get their energy from the full cycle, and not just from turning glucose to lactic acid or using glycogenn. So for something to be aerobic, it does not have to be 40 minutes either. I think 1-3 minutes would get out of the lactic acid part, but I'm not sure on that one.

G

Or you could just do anaerobic sprints for 10 minutes right? Then it wouldn't be catabolic.

CCS

Reaction score
JayMan said:
Or you could just do anaerobic sprints for 10 minutes right? Then it wouldn't be catabolic.

They are non-aerobic only if you take breaks between them. If you keep them up, your speed will decrease from maximum and they become aerobic.

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
In most cases, you start burning fat at minute 30 of running at 65-85 % of your max hate rate. If you want a good source, don't look at internet links or studies made by "XYZ Company". Better ask your sport Doctor if you don't believe or trust us.

bubka

Reaction score
to be an arobic workout, it must be over 40 minutes, hence the difference between arobic, and anarobic, i thought you were in college...

nugg_dawg

Reaction score
I run for an hour at the gym 4 times a week. I generally start off walking at 3.5 mph for 10 minutes to warm up. Then I run at 6.5 mph ~ 8.5 mph for an hour. Then I walk to cool down for another 10 minutes. I used to lift but I find that women prefer men who aren't dumb *** meat heads. Atleast the women I like. The biggest thing I find people do wrong when they try to run for long periods of time is that they 1) do not stretch 2) try to run faster than they can 3) need to breath better. IMO try taking shorter steps and gradually pace yourself as you go faster. Believe me, it took me over a year to be able to run for an hour and people at the gym generally look at me like I'm a freak when I out run the alloted time of the treadmills.

Also, I find that when I cover up the running data (your telemetry i.e. mph/minutes) I find the time goes by faster. Also, it's much more enjoyable when I have iPod and have good TV to watch like a dose of sportscenter to give you a boost when running at the gym. When I'm running outside of course I don't have the luxury of a TV though....

John

Edit: first post yAy!